Time: February 27, 2012 at 8am to March 30, 2012 at 4pm
Location: Mississippi Valley State University
Street: 14000 Highway 82 W.
City/Town: Itta Bena
Website or Map: http://www.mvsu.edu/index.php
Phone: 6622543489 and 6622543490
Event Type: band, recruitment, and, scholarships
Organized By: MVSU Fine Arts Department!!!
Latest Activity: Mar 29, 2012
Mississippi Valley State University's Mean Green Marching Machine is back on the recruiting trail again. We’d love to have YOU as a member of this great band program/family. Scholarship amounts vary anywhere all the way up to a FULL scholarship.
What is the audition and scholarship awarding process?
campus, off site, over the phone, via DVD or videos emailed to the director.
A) Major Scales
B) Chromatic Scale
C) Prepared Piece
D) Sight – reading
E) All 26 basic rudiments and melodic proficiency (percussion only)
Scholarship Contracts to students receiving financial assistance and letters to those that did not
qualify for assistance.
form with their signature. The completed form will then be copied, placed in the student’s file,
and then sent to Financial Aid.
What are the requirements to maintain the scholarship?
1. Maintain full-time enrollment (12+ semester hours)
2. Maintain a minimum 2.0 grade point average (GPA)
3. Demonstrate academic achievement by earning a minimum 12 hours per fall and spring
semesters (totaling 24 hours per academic year). Summer and winter grades will not calculate in
the GPA for scholarship awards.
4. Participation in assigned ensemble (decisions made by the Director of the Major Ensemble)
5. Perfect attendance at all performances (absences must be officially excused by the Director)
6. Demonstrate proper conduct, behavior and exemplary scholastic progress and personal achievement
acceptable and expected of band scholarship recipients.
*Come be a member of the Mean Green Marching Machine!!!
For more info or to set up an audition, feel free to contact:
Mr. Michael Torregano (Director of Bands) at (662)254-3489
Mr. Kenneth Milton (Assistant Director of Bands) at (662)299-1131