14 Karat Gold Dancers The Last Home Game

The auditions for the 2015-2016 squad took place on June 27th. Drianca Baxter returns for her second year as captain, with Khadeja Folmer as co-captain. Surprisingly Jaelyn (12' crab) did not return this season, and I was looking forward to her return. Last year these ladies had a good season and they brought back that signature flare that alluded them in 2013. Now that this is Drianca's second year as captain  I really want her and to bring the heat from beginning to end. Start with a bang, end with a bang. 

I'm curious to know, what would y'all like to see from 14k this season?

6652337892?profile=original

6652337669?profile=original

6652338267?profile=original

VETS

Drianca Baxter- Captain (11')

Khadeja Folmer- Co-Captain (13')

Ta-Raya Armstrong (13')

Mariah Davis (14')

Shekeithia Wade (14')

Ebonee Jenkins (14')

CRABS

Kayla Council (rising freshman)

Cassandra Jean (rising sophomore)

Jessica Luckie (rising sophomore)

Vanity Spells (rising sophomore)

Vintonisha Smith (rising sophomore)

You need to be a member of bandhead.org to add comments!

Join bandhead.org

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Field Wise: More technique and use of the cheerleading background most girls on the team have. Definitely more halftime routines like Homecoming and Florida Classic. No to them doing the same routine three games in a row. Especially if they make the trip to Grambling.

Stands: From what I see its pretty solid.

Looks: Pretty solid too. The long hair works for them but they need to add newer uniforms to the closet.

• I absolutely agree with you. I notice that 14k do 4 routines throughout the season. Thats mostly because they repeat a routine 3-4 games in a row. I would like to see them increase to atlas 5-6 routines in a season.

As far as new uniforms, last year they added 5 new ones but there were only 2 that I really liked. I hope we see some more stunts (tumbling, flip, toe touch, cartwheels) like we did at HC and FL Classic. In 2010 under Tan's leadership, they showcased alot of stunts.

Tierra12 said:

Field Wise: More technique and use of the cheerleading background most girls on the team have. Definitely more halftime routines like Homecoming and Florida Classic. No to them doing the same routine three games in a row. Especially if they make the trip to Grambling.

Stands: From what I see its pretty solid.

Looks: Pretty solid too. The long hair works for them but they need to add newer uniforms to the closet.

The auditions for the 2015-2016 squad took place on June 27th. Drianca Baxter returns for her second year as captain, with Khadeja Folmer as co-capta…
  • And I'd like to see the energy Fran had back. It was amazing to see on the field.

• I love me some 14k. You just expect 57 sec and pure unapologetic in your face energy. But for the last 3 or so seasons I haven’t been too impressed. I would love to see them execute a CLEAN routine, with the same energy and wow factor they had in the 1990’s and early 2000’s and under Fran. I love to see more diversity levels wises in their chorography: jumps, leaps, rolls, stunts...  I would love to see these ladies in something that shimmers and shine.

• Great looking squad. I concur with Aggie Head. 14k's energy & to the point field shows have been lacking since Fran! Although they have maintained their style. The wow factor is still missing & hopefully they will get back to the old 14k that is known to slay! One thing that I have notice, is that they have implemented a lot more technique in their routines. Which is a good thing. Goodluck this season!!!
  • I dont think the Energy level is gone, but the Wow factor and has gone down IMO... HELL to be honest, IDK what it is really..

• I agree with you and Bandfanatic. 2014 was very technical for the most part, but the energy level didn't give an "in your face" kind of vibe. Fran's squads had high energy, fire and a sassy attitude on the field. The 2014 squad kinda came off as cute and prissy. Not that its a bad thing, but it would be a shame for Drianca's 2 yr reign to be looked at as cute but nothing special (i.e Wow factor). That goes for any captain who's leadership last longer than one season. I think part of the reason why some people expected more is partially because some of the girls have cheerleading experience, and Drianca is a product of Fran's leadership. She definitely has it, but we need more fire like homecoming lol.

Doloris AggieHead Van Cartier said:

I dont think the Energy level is gone, but the Wow factor and has gone down IMO... HELL to be honest, IDK what it is really..

The auditions for the 2015-2016 squad took place on June 27th. Drianca Baxter returns for her second year as captain, with Khadeja Folmer as co-capta…
  • I would like to see this kind of energy return to the field. Shatangela "Tan" Patton and Fran are my favorite captains. They worked really well together when Fran was co-captain in 2010. Fran basically took of where Tan left and took 14k to another level.

Florida Classic routine 2010

• Wayment!!!! I just noticed that my baby's name is Vintonisha!!!! I pray to God that she has a 4.0...
  • Yassss 14k... yassss Delight!!! come through

Tristan Parson said:

I would like to see this kind of energy return to the field. Shatangela "Tan" Patton and Fran are my favorite captains. They worked really well together when Fran was co-captain in 2010. Fran basically took of where Tan left and took 14k to another level.

Florida Classic routine 2010

This reply was deleted.