Does anyone have a COMPLETE list on al lthe bands ocming, i only know all the medium and big bands coming to compete

plus how do you think it will be compared to last years since there are more out of town bands coming that i know of

Big Band:
Willowridge
BMT Central
M. #35
Crenshaw
North Forest
Dallas Townview

Medium Band:
Royal
Milby
Dallas Kimball
Carrol
BMT Ozen

Small bands(that i know of)
Westbury
Worthing
Yates
Austin
Regean
Jones
Washington Marion

Please correct me if I have some of this information wrong, but IMO, this is going ot be a big one

Views: 557

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

96 is kinda hard to come by these days in SE Texas. Our largest groups this year have been 64-80.
i believe thats your band Cleve, ya'll rolling deep in every section!!!! except Tubas but they pretty strong, wish ya'll best of luck in BIG BAND but word of advice, tell the lowerbrass to calm it down so the melody can be heard from the mellos and the trumpets
yes

oldwise2 said:
I hope they get a good count on how MANY members of these bands are showing. For example at other BTOB's Milby and Royal would be in the large category. Milby is not much smaller than Willowridge. I hope that is Austin's Reagan showing up
I could have swore that Milby was bigger or at least the same size as Waltrip. Waltrip is big (all of the corpstyle bands are generally bigger anyway) but Milby is on some super crack as far as size. It is amazing to me how all of these corpstyle bands in HISD blew up in size. Bellaire, Lamar, and Reagan were Horrible when I was in school. One of them is still and they STILL have been able to keep a program through the years.
Oh and Chinaman, the only band in HISD that will be able to compete in a large category would be Milby, as long as the high school down the street doesn't have a band! Some of these middle school teachers need to get off of that corpstyle vs. showstyle and just teach music. There are only good bands and bad ones no matter what the style.

Marcus said:
man i kno. but i can see that happenig. Largest band in HISD is Waltrip and they are corp. style so I guess there is no hope this year.

Chinaman said:
WoW no HISD bands in the Big band category. WoW this sh*t is hilarious.
I totally agree with you on your last statement, it should not matter what happens at the Middle school level just as long they are taught properly how to play their instrument, and knowing their scales and using what they learn in middle school on the high school level and become some beasts in the marching world

but what bugs me is that young people see what high school and collage bands do(Show Style wise) they like it but they get to that age where they be part of one, and all they want to do is TRAVEL, thats all that matters to most of them is the traveling, dont care about the music, Show Style bands tend to travel more then corp styles, which is actually a advantage to show style bands because they are showing a lil more pride in their band program to do more then a normal Corps style marching band, but thne when it comes to concert season, half the band quits and think their BD will let them back in over summer for band camp/marching band pracitce, and then they whine about it being too hot and all the moving and knee lift they have to do, then they are told to do some sorta of exercize and whine about that, Note: If you are going to whine about the work you have to do within that program, you donot belong in that program, but if you can do basketball and football, volleyball, etc. and not whine about all the work, you can sure as hell enough do marching band of any caliber!!

oldwise2 said:
I could have swore that Milby was bigger or at least the same size as Waltrip. Waltrip is big (all of the corpstyle bands are generally bigger anyway) but Milby is on some super crack as far as size. It is amazing to me how all of these corpstyle bands in HISD blew up in size. Bellaire, Lamar, and Reagan were Horrible when I was in school. One of them is still and they STILL have been able to keep a program through the years.
Oh and Chinaman, the only band in HISD that will be able to compete in a large category would be Milby, as long as the high school down the street doesn't have a band! Some of these middle school teachers need to get off of that corpstyle vs. showstyle and just teach music. There are only good bands and bad ones no matter what the style.

Marcus said:
man i kno. but i can see that happenig. Largest band in HISD is Waltrip and they are corp. style so I guess there is no hope this year.

Chinaman said:
WoW no HISD bands in the Big band category. WoW this sh*t is hilarious.
can't wait to hear some of these bands!
looking forward to it quite a bit

-TMC staflo '10 sec. leader
There is no reason why ya'll band should be the size it is. Read the comment I made about middle school. Westbury used to be one of the bigger bands in HISD But ya'll were being kicked to the curb because the director then wanted to do strickly corpstyle...with concessions. It was funny to see Westbury high step onto the field, do a corpstyle show and high step off of the field. When Westbury started to get more colorful people stop sending their kids to Westbury. Die hard corpstyle people went to Sollopadnab. Now I heard they suck. I guess they are going to try to beat corpstyle upside ya'lls head till you do it. Want to see where your band members are going? Have you seen Bellaire? Lamar? Look up the feeder pattern for Westside on Wikipedia.
Also I remember a few years ago at MLK the best band there was a 30 piece no drum major band from LA so don't get discouraged!
Brassbeast_11 said:
well...
all i know is my band is really small
32 in that h**

Julian Marquez said:
you no big band is traditionally 96 up...medium 64 to 95, and small 24 to 63...everybody shouold be in small and medium...besides townview...but its really really sad to not see marshall on that list...they not blowin...and they really havent got better...so why they have new band directors is over my head
I dont understand why all texas bands are shrinking. Central, Willowridge, Ozen. Now Louisiana bands are too. Georgia is going strong.

oldwise2 said:
There is no reason why ya'll band should be the size it is. Read the comment I made about middle school. Westbury used to be one of the bigger bands in HISD But ya'll were being kicked to the curb because the director then wanted to do strickly corpstyle...with concessions. It was funny to see Westbury high step onto the field, do a corpstyle show and high step off of the field. When Westbury started to get more colorful people stop sending their kids to Westbury. Die hard corpstyle people went to Sollopadnab. Now I heard they suck. I guess they are going to try to beat corpstyle upside ya'lls head till you do it. Want to see where your band members are going? Have you seen Bellaire? Lamar? Look up the feeder pattern for Westside on Wikipedia.
Also I remember a few years ago at MLK the best band there was a 30 piece no drum major band from LA so don't get discouraged!
Brassbeast_11 said:
well...
32 in that h**

Julian Marquez said:
you no big band is traditionally 96 up...medium 64 to 95, and small 24 to 63...everybody shouold be in small and medium...besides townview...but its really really sad to not see marshall on that list...they not blowin...and they really havent got better...so why they have new band directors is over my head
well size shoud not metter to ya'll, ya'll have a well balenced sound and ya'll look good, there is no need for 20 extra andm ess that up unless you getting more upper brass(EVERYONES WEAK SPOT NOW!!!!!!!) there is nothing wrong with ya'lls program, it fits well with ya'll and ya'll look better then most larger bands, so keep up what ya'll do and all the new people who walk into that program, make them mold in there with ya'll upperclassmen

Brassbeast_11 said:
well...
32 in that h**

Julian Marquez said:
but has anyone seen and heard from Thursgood Marshall this season, rumor has it that they are trying to come to the MLK
The non-Hisd bands have been pretty much stable with the exception of the whole Northforest deal (and that came out pretty good in the end) Willowridge has been basically the same size for a while now. Remember they built Hightower and Marshall. It would have been just WRONG to have a BIG 5A black school plus they were prolly overcrowded at Willowridge anyway. Not to many schools in Texas had bands as big as Willowridge in the 90's.
There are some bands you see Marching 60 70 or 80 members one day and the next marching 30. We have a few of those in HISD. But from everything I hear Marshall is suppose to be Corpstyle, Plus I heard that Fort Bend is starting a Magnet type program which would work in Willowridge's favor. This has yet to be verified...
35 smash them band

RSS

© 2020   Created by Marchingsport.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service