2014 SWAC JAMBOREE STYLE BOTB

maybe we can email the swac office to request a jamboree style botb! all 10 bands 5 songs each! Bands vs each other will be picked out of a hat randomly the day before the botb so no ones know who they will be battling how yall think that sound? I think that will be good for houston

You need to be a member of bandhead.org to add comments!

Join bandhead.org

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I agree!!!!

• I think it would be a great attraction, but you couldn't draw names at random. We all know certain programs draw more people than others and an unknown match isn't as exciting as a promoted heavy weight battle. 

• @ CHAOS Im saying put all bands in a hat day before all draw two names and whoever drew yhe first two are going to battle all the bands will be there! but dont know who they will battle thats excellent in my opinion but the swac doesnt know who is a power house or not! nor do they care! i like mixed matched ups becuz u explore and see different stuff! If swac pic at random they can choose JSU VS MVSU or so on but 2013 battleb etween the two werr decent all swac schools will be in attendance though. but um sure more than 38K will be there knowing the type of botb it will be!
  • The bands will return for the SWAC basketball championships in March! Maybe it could be done then. The bands would battle at halftime of the games on Friday and Saturday. That way the SWAC rules would not apply and all bandheads would hear some uninterrupted music. Yea, it's pep bands but we can really tell who's playing. The bands would be even and we can determine a winner so much easier!

• Draw out the hat wouldn't be a good idea and pep bands wouldn't give each school's best quality...Best matchups would be:

SU vs JSU

TxSU vs Alcorn

Gram vs A&M

PB vs Bama St

PV vs Valley

• SU VS JSU TOO PREDICABLE IMO I LIKE TO SEE ODD MATCH UPS that alcorn vs su match was very good but i rather see sumthing we dont expect. bassesUheard said:

Draw out the hat wouldn't be a good idea and pep bands wouldn't give each school's best quality...Best matchups would be:

SU vs JSU

TxSU vs Alcorn

Gram vs A&M

PB vs Bama St

PV vs Valley

maybe we can email the swac office to request a jamboree style botb! all 10 bands 5 songs each! Bands vs each other will be picked out of a hat rando…
  • Southern vs Bama st Jackson vs PVU. Grambling vs TXSU. Alcorn vs AAMU. Mvsu vs UAPB
  • SU and JSU have seen every other band in the swac......I want to see bands that havent faced each other in some years.......PV vs any band east of the MS river (except SU/JSU).......TxSU vs MVSU and any band in Alabama....etc....something other than what we all are accustomed to seeing.....Hell, take the best and worst bands out of each conference and put them against each other....

• @SKEET 2013 east/west swac was good. I havent seen a terrible battle between a swac band last two seasons imo. it comes to power battles to what ppl called music battles. example Alcorn vs mvsu. mvsu had that power but asu wasnt over there trying to overall power mvsu over there they played and stayed in their pocket. ASU getting theW. but power fans say mvsu did. imo there is no worse swac band i do think some of the what ppl call worse are better on the field than kost top bands but top are better in the stands which at most cases are backwards plus NO DIRECTOR WOULD ATTEND A SWAC BEST VS WORSE BOTB.... odds are that worse would great. In 2013 ppl bashed alcorn vs gsu saying they both will be sorry and the game will have no attendance yet that game had two of the best shows and fifth this season. But its over looked. the swac bands as a whole are becoming too predicable. only band i see stepping outside the box and this was only this weekend was JSU drill wise.
  • i agree with you for the most part...just mix it up a little....do something different that people arent accustomed to seeing

tony said:

@SKEET 2013 east/west swac was good. I havent seen a terrible battle between a swac band last two seasons imo. it comes to power battles to what ppl called music battles. example Alcorn vs mvsu. mvsu had that power but asu wasnt over there trying to overall power mvsu over there they played and stayed in their pocket. ASU getting theW. but power fans say mvsu did. imo there is no worse swac band i do think some of the what ppl call worse are better on the field than kost top bands but top are better in the stands which at most cases are backwards plus NO DIRECTOR WOULD ATTEND A SWAC BEST VS WORSE BOTB.... odds are that worse would great. In 2013 ppl bashed alcorn vs gsu saying they both will be sorry and the game will have no attendance yet that game had two of the best shows and fifth this season. But its over looked. the swac bands as a whole are becoming too predicable. only band i see stepping outside the box and this was only this weekend was JSU drill wise.
    maybe we can email the swac office to request a jamboree style botb! all 10 bands 5 songs each! Bands vs each other will be picked out of a hat rando…
This reply was deleted.