With about a month to kickoff and band camps starting as early as tomorrow; I've made a list (seen below) based on three things overall; instrumentation; and a future prediction on honda. Please feel free to chime in on your thoughts on your bands instrumentation, dance squad and videos.

2015 BAND predictions!!!!
Best band: JSU
Second best band: SU
third best band: BCU/AAMU/TNST
Best arrangements: SU/JSU/AAMU
Best dance squad field: JSU/NCAT/SU
Second best field: AAMU/ALST/BCU
Best dance squad stands: JSU/SU
second best stands: ALST/BCU/AAMU
Best all around auxillary: AAMU/NCAT/BCU
Best percussion: JSU
Best tubas: AAMU/JSU/TXSU
best trombones: ALST/JSU
best baritones: TC/SU/MILES
best mellos: JSU/ALCORN
Best trumpets: AAMU/SU/JSU
best woodwinds: TNST/BCU/GSU/FAMU
Best year: JSU/SU/AAMU/BCU/NCAT
Most likely in honda top 10 (based off of fan popularity ("want") not actual vote): JSU SU AAMU NCAT BCU TNST TC MILES FAMU SCSU

LEGGO!!!!!! (Let the opinions begin)

Views: 2090

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm not sure; but I like what wright is doing there and how he is building the program. N there my favorite trumpet section there strong on every song.

Jigga said:
You know how A&M lookin? That's a band I Wana see this year. They had a pretty nice sound last year with one of the best trumpet sections of the year.

When you guys get official numbers do post!!!

Any word on UAPB & TXSU both usually pretty solid and consistent, but some additional numbers might really help them out. 

My hopes for certain bands:

Morehouse - Administration needs to come up off the some of that money and give more scholarships. Whatever they are doing to keep loosing band directors needs to stop!

CAU - Get back to 2001 status ASAP!

MVSU - Blake Gaines stays.

Howard - 2001 status...ASAP

And because i'm bored....Each category by: MEAC/SIAC/SWAC

Best band: BCU/MILES/JSU - TNST holds down the independents
Second best band: SCSU/ASU/SU
third best band: NCAT/MOREHOUSE/AAMU
Best arrangements: SCSU/ASU/JSU
Best dance squad field: NCAT/MOREHOUSE/JSU
Second best field: BCU/ASU/ALSU
Best dance squad stands: NCAT/ASU/JSU
second best stands: BCU/CAU/ASU
Best all around auxillary: NCAT/ASU/JSU
Best percussion: SCSU/MILES/JSU
Best tubas: BCU/MILES/TXSU
best trombones: SCSU/MILES/JSU
best baritones: BCU/MILES/JSU
best mellos: BCU/MILES/JSU
Best trumpets: NCAT/MILES/JSU
best woodwinds: SCSU/ASU/UAPB
Best year: BCU/MILES/JSU
Most likely in honda top 10 (based off of fan popularity ("want") not actual vote): JSU, TC, MILES, AAMU, BCU, SCSU, SU, NCAT, TNST, WSSU

Jsu gone have 70 trumpets

Is it true that you guys might have a 200 piece brass section? As in 70 trumpets 35 mellos 35 baritones 40 trombones and 20 tubas?

SonicBoomProductions said:

I don't believe what people say on here , we just gonna have to wait and see.

XLMbeatzzz said:

Is it true that you guys might have a 200 piece brass section? As in 70 trumpets 35 mellos 35 baritones 40 trombones and 20 tubas?

SonicBoomProductions said:

Jsu will not have 35 btones LSU and Georgia Tech don't even have 35 btones and they are the largest white university bands. No band member or director would like to play with 35 btones. 35 Btones can't all crank up at the same time it will create huge imbalances in sound quality; they would over power the entire band and you would get an immature sound like Talladega State. The most you will see from JSU this season 27-28 Btones and 25-27 mellos and those btone numbers will drop after SU game because no one cares after we play SU. And it doesn’t matter how much scholarship money they have it will not got to the Bftone section more toward the trumpets trombones and sax players.

You're right,35 btones would cause a big shift in balance. Our trumpets couldn't handle the baritones we had LAST year so you can imagine what 35 btones would be like.

Lol u need to talk to one of ya boom alumni on here those the numbers he gave me but I didn't believe it all the way. I see y'all with 70 trumpets 30 mellos 26 baritones and 40 to 50 (at the most) trombones. But wither way jsu will be looking good. But this is going to be a grrrrrrrrrrrrrrreat year.

boomsop said:

You're right,35 btones would cause a big shift in balance. Our trumpets couldn't handle the baritones we had LAST year so you can imagine what 35 btones would be like.
i think this year will be a great year again for swac bands especially with numbers steadily increasing for most of them. It's good to see our universities investing more in what we love!

You hit that right on the head boomsop 

boomsop said:

i think this year will be a great year again for swac bands especially with numbers steadily increasing for most of them. It's good to see our universities investing more in what we love!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2020   Created by Marchingsport.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service