2016 band season kickoff

Usually my thread would discuss overall numbers but with everyone in the major conferences coming up I'm looking more at how much consistency each band will maintain of course recruiting and freshman classes will play a role but these are some things I'll be looking from with particular band's;AAMU: maintaining the great balanced versatile sound, steady growth and beefing up lower and upper brass, and want to see montoya takeover where curtisha left offAlcorn: steadying the direction the program is going in nice aggressive styleBama state: getting back to that aggressive come for you style and brass sound that makes a band battle them for "entertainment"BCU: consistency and some newer updated stand songsTennessee state: are they looking to grow or keep they're same number with the great sound, would like to see sophisticated ladies improve.Famu & ncat: growth or not?Talladega: cooling off or still growing?JSU: consistency in trumpet section and more balanced arrangementsSouthern: growth or not? & perfecting the tuba sectionTxsu & pvamu: growth? Dance squads maintaining growth and maturation, And taking on bigger songsMiles & grambling: growth or willing to maintain consistency?Share your thoughts, insight or band camp pictures!

You need to be a member of bandhead.org to add comments!

Join bandhead.org

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Does anyone know who's going to be in the meac/swac kickoff games???
  • Alcorn & BCU
  • Oh ok, I wonder how's alcorn looking this year. I've really liked the aggressive style they've taken in the stands...

Jigga said:
    Alcorn & BCU
    2016 band season kickoff
    Usually my thread would discuss overall numbers but with everyone in the major conferences coming up I'm looking more at how much consistency each ba…
  • So when does everyone's band camp start??
  • Jsu's sarts for the freshman August 6
  • Starts*
  • I imagine the merge is probably a week to 2 after that?

SonicBoomProductions said:
    Jsu's sarts for the freshman August 6
    2016 band season kickoff
    Usually my thread would discuss overall numbers but with everyone in the major conferences coming up I'm looking more at how much consistency each ba…
  • Most likely the 21st or 28th. Closer to the start of the season.

xaemill said:
    I imagine the merge is probably a week to 2 after that?

2016 band season kickoff
  • I dont agree with your JSU comment about more balanced arrangements. they had some of the BEST arrangements of 2015. This Could Be Us, Oh Yeah, The Hills, All Day, Let It Burn, Nice & Slow, No Role Models, Matrimony, Splackavellie, Full Moon, Call Me,

xaemill said:

I imagine the merge is probably a week to 2 after that?

2016 band season kickoff
  • SU freshmen report this Sunday !
This reply was deleted.