Usually my thread would discuss overall numbers but with everyone in the major conferences coming up I'm looking more at how much consistency each band will maintain of course recruiting and freshman classes will play a role but these are some things I'll be looking from with particular band's;

AAMU: maintaining the great balanced versatile sound, steady growth and beefing up lower and upper brass, and want to see montoya takeover where curtisha left off

Alcorn: steadying the direction the program is going in nice aggressive style

Bama state: getting back to that aggressive come for you style and brass sound that makes a band battle them for "entertainment"

BCU: consistency and some newer updated stand songs

Tennessee state: are they looking to grow or keep they're same number with the great sound, would like to see sophisticated ladies improve.

Famu & ncat: growth or not?

Talladega: cooling off or still growing?

JSU: consistency in trumpet section and more balanced arrangements

Southern: growth or not? & perfecting the tuba section

Txsu & pvamu: growth? Dance squads maintaining growth and maturation, And taking on bigger songs

Miles & grambling: growth or willing to maintain consistency?

Share your thoughts, insight or band camp pictures!

Views: 16104

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yeah you can't bs it... it's one of those songs that you can afford to overblow and not be crisp because of the chords and the transitions

boomsop said:
It definitely would have to be really aggressive.
I would double check that, but we'll see. Side note isn't that battle for the crown botb's in Greenville south Carolina this weekend???

Hasaan Austin said:

is it true that bama state is smaller then last year?!? i hope not ..they were going in on numbers last night on fb and said that bama state aamu were smaller than normal...thats kind of hard to believe

i think so

xaemill said:

I would double check that, but we'll see. Side note isn't that battle for the crown botb's in Greenville south Carolina this weekend???

Hasaan Austin said:

is it true that bama state is smaller then last year?!? i hope not ..they were going in on numbers last night on fb and said that bama state aamu were smaller than normal...thats kind of hard to believe

Ye idk if so u hadn't heard anything about it... I know it was gone be four band's there. You heard any updates on any bands?

Hasaan Austin said:

i think so

xaemill said:

Hasaan Austin said:

They were their biggest in 2006, 2007, and 2011
Michael Dedrick said:

ion think SU never been this big , but band camp not over wit yet.
Damn..... easily near 300. And I really like they're sound if they better themselves off of last year

SonicBoomProductions said:
Divas bringing that fire!!! I'm liking montoya and dear I say slaymera already lol

yessir! I saw that! LOVING THE Divas

xaemill said:

Divas bringing that fire!!! I'm liking montoya and dear I say slaymera already lol

OMG they playing Sweet Escape!! Throwback they sound good

BAND/MUSIC said:

Jackson State 2016 marching
https://www.instagram.com/p/BJRNbnmBcxn/

SU is def about the same size as last year if not smaller....but man!!!! their euphoniums are sounding powerful..next saturday yall are gonna what im saying they sound more powerful then last season ..their trumpets are deep as fuck this year mellos killing it and their bones are a train wreck in a good way . they have 20 tubas this season..the jukes are ready!

I tell people SU is the same size every year lol. It looks like there woodwind section got alot smaller this year. But them euphoniums are something serious they done broke them boys in now!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2020   Created by Marchingsport.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service