Motion of the Ocean 2017-2018 **Spring Auditions**

It's almost here! In April we officially welcome NEW TALENTED AND LOVELY LADIES to the Motion family so we should have a thread dedicated to it. 

I know a couple weeks ago someone mentioned some of the '15 crabs were trying out again but I'm not sure which ones (it matters)?

There's still no indication from my observation of how auditions will go now Jermani is the coach.  I'm expecting it to be an all-day process filled with interview cuts, field show cuts, stand cuts, and body cuts (1st round).

Views: 4294

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

A few years ago I made a prediction that Kenya could conceivably be a 3 or 4 yr captain. We shall see, Captain tryouts is going to be a good one to watch. I'm hoping that tryouts are open and we get all the tryout videos we were accustom to seeing.

I've been encouraging her mother to have her consider running for Miss TXSU 18-19. Mikaela is very well  liked at TXSU. IMO The crown would take her further in life. I'm torn between Mikaela doing another rip as captain and running for Miss TXSU for the 18-19 school year or Kenya getting the captain spot for the 17-18 season and Mikaela dancing behind her, and then running for Miss TXSU for the 18-19 school year. Both scenarios would leave a leadership vacuum for the 18-19 season as no one has emerged as having captain potential on the  current squad other than Mikaela and Kenya.

HBCU Guy said:

I would definitely love to see Mikaela as captain for the remainder of her Motion tenure, which I believe will be the next two seasons. The drawback of having a successful two-year or even three-year captain is the successor is held to a very high and sometimes unrealistic standard. It’s imperative that the new captain comes out swinging and be well-prepared like Danielle Stamper after KP (Dolls) or Charlotte after Shanketta (J-settes). The Motion overall had a victorious comeback and I know there’s much more in store. They’re still building and quite beautifully might I add; even the Motion glam/aesthetic is making its return. I’ve read that some former Motion members are considering returning, which is great! With the existing strong 6 they have, about 3 returning members, and maybe 4 strong crabs coupled with Jermani’s hands-on coaching, I see a good 2017 Motion squad.

One thing I would like to see is more refined, classic counts. Mikaela is innovative indeed but, as I’ve stated in the last thread, the new Motion counts are either downright ratchet (Knuck if you Buck- hair-whipping combo count) or way too busy (too many arm movements that don’t flow well). I really hope she gets into the 2007-2011 count book. Between Jermani, Quin, & Shontavia – there are some timeless counts that should never leave the Motion’s repertoire. 

I love always love your commentary.  I bet you were a liberal arts major.  

Motion has always been known for their complex counts which is a big part of their brand/appeal, but in my opinion only a small few are a bit too busy and needs to be cleaned up.  And let's not forget they are indeed a bucking squad so we're gonna see bucking ... but to be honest they're bucking less than they used to.  Someone else mentioned this and I agree, I would like to see more appealing slow counts.  I like many of the slow counts thrown under Shon captain year so I hope they bring those back.

If it's very possible we can have a vet heavy squad if many of the '15 crabs make the squad. There's another '14 crab that was a beast along with Kenya and I forgot her name but I hope she returns. I'm definitely expecting a strong crab class like I mentioned for many reasons.

As far as captain goes. Mikaela is the favorite but I've seen stranger things happen so we'll have to wait and see.  I've been wrong before.

HBCU Guy said:

I would definitely love to see Mikaela as captain for the remainder of her Motion tenure, which I believe will be the next two seasons. The drawback of having a successful two-year or even three-year captain is the successor is held to a very high and sometimes unrealistic standard. It’s imperative that the new captain comes out swinging and be well-prepared like Danielle Stamper after KP (Dolls) or Charlotte after Shanketta (J-settes). The Motion overall had a victorious comeback and I know there’s much more in store. They’re still building and quite beautifully might I add; even the Motion glam/aesthetic is making its return. I’ve read that some former Motion members are considering returning, which is great! With the existing strong 6 they have, about 3 returning members, and maybe 4 strong crabs coupled with Jermani’s hands-on coaching, I see a good 2017 Motion squad.

One thing I would like to see is more refined, classic counts. Mikaela is innovative indeed but, as I’ve stated in the last thread, the new Motion counts are either downright ratchet (Knuck if you Buck- hair-whipping combo count) or way too busy (too many arm movements that don’t flow well). I really hope she gets into the 2007-2011 count book. Between Jermani, Quin, & Shontavia – there are some timeless counts that should never leave the Motion’s repertoire. 

Me and my friends (they're not on bandhead) said the same thing about Kenya.  But I didn't hear anything about Captain tryouts  yet ... I'm thinking they may just appoint one.

Ray Dex - (RIP Uncle Yusef) said:

A few years ago I made a prediction that Kenya could conceivably be a 3 or 4 yr captain. We shall see, Captain tryouts is going to be a good one to watch. I'm hoping that tryouts are open and we get all the tryout videos we were accustom to seeing.

Go back to the old school era without bucking----when the Motion used to tear down the field,while marching from the END ZONE----that used to be TIGHT !!!!

HBCU Guy said:

Yea but Motion stans/fans didn't attack you like they attacked me for saying that Kenya could be a 3/4 yr captain lol; I made my previous comment in this forum.

I'm hoping for a Captain Tryout, IMO this will bring out the best in both Kenya and Mikaela and put the up and coming Captains on notice that "you will have to bring your A game to be Captain".

3rdWardTiger said:

Me and my friends (they're not on bandhead) said the same thing about Kenya.  But I didn't hear anything about Captain tryouts  yet ... I'm thinking they may just appoint one.

And the 10 GALLON COWBOY HAT JERMANI !!!

Lol. That's not the only thing that looms large on her lol. She has what is affectionately known as a "Bubble Butt". #nodisrespect

honrae rokermore said:

And the 10 GALLON COWBOY HAT JERMANI !!!

We didn't attack you we were just being realistic about the situation since us "true" fans knew who would be auditioning for 15 especially with Ja'Kayla crab 2015 being the highest scorer in spring we knew that better and more classic talent was coming in... Granted Kenya does look better and actually looks like a Motion under Jermani. MK is still the better choice she actually knows how to lead a song and everything just flows,Kenya gives me strong ace... But Jakayla is rumored to be returning and also Bobbi whom is soooo freaking gorgeous.. But yea lets go Motion 2017

Yea but Motion stans/fans didn't attack you like they attacked me for saying that Kenya could be a 3/4 yr captain lol; I made my previous comment in this forum.

I'm hoping for a Captain Tryout, IMO this will bring out the best in both Kenya and Mikaela and put the up and coming Captains on notice that "you will have to bring your A game to be Captain".

3rdWardTiger said:

Running for Miss TxSU is expensive but if she has the coin I support her.  I never met Mikaela (I would love too) but I've seen her at games of course and follow her on IG and she seems very sweet, smart, and likable so I'm not surprised.  And Mikaela is gorgeous too so she would do the crown full justice unlike a few of the recent MIss TxSUs.  When I was on the yard Miss TxSU was always drop dead gorgeous and in shape (it matters).

I've been encouraging her mother to have her consider running for Miss TXSU 18-19. Mikaela is very well  liked at TXSU. IMO The crown would take her further in life. I'm torn between Mikaela doing another rip as captain and running for Miss TXSU for the 18-19 school year or Kenya getting the captain spot for the 17-18 season and Mikaela dancing behind her, and then running for Miss TXSU for the 18-19 school year. Both scenarios would leave a leadership vacuum for the 18-19 season as no one has emerged as having captain potential on the  current squad other than Mikaela and Kenya.

HBCU Guy said:

Chile I've been attacked by Motion and Dolls fans lol.  But I'm not here to appease them ... I'm here because of my love and appreciation for all things Motion

We're both hoping for a captain tryout.  But I will say this, if Mikaela gets it I hope she lets Kenya lead sometimes.  She didn't let Kenya lead at all last season, not even once which was a bit surprising considering she was a former captain .... 

3rdWardTiger said:

Do you know wassup with Amber ... I haven't seen her since the end of football season.  She's a chocolate beauty, a strong dancer, and I would like to see her comeback for us Motion fans to enjoy.

Nastacia E.De Sousa said:

We didn't attack you we were just being realistic about the situation since us "true" fans knew who would be auditioning for 15 especially with Ja'Kayla crab 2015 being the highest scorer in spring we knew that better and more classic talent was coming in... Granted Kenya does look better and actually looks like a Motion under Jermani. MK is still the better choice she actually knows how to lead a song and everything just flows,Kenya gives me strong ace... But Jakayla is rumored to be returning and also Bobbi whom is soooo freaking gorgeous.. But yea lets go Motion 2017

3rdWardTiger said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2017   Created by Marchingsport.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service