2018 song ideas for our bands to play

As the new season is slowly approaching, I would like to start a discussion forum about some songs we would like to hear our schools and favs play. Below are a  couple that come to my head. These are just a few please drop some good songs that would be good for arranging, even specific for a school.....

1 - "Boo'd up" by ella mai 

2 - "open it up" by migos 

3 - "all I do is think about you" by troop 

4 - "win" by Jay rock 

5 - "when you need me" by Aaron hall 

6 - "spoil my night" by post malone 

You need to be a member of bandhead.org to add comments!

Join bandhead.org

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Try Pandora, Direct TV Music channels, YOU tube old SCHOOL AND 104.1 !!!
  • Boo'd Up Definitely! And it must have a NASTTYYY groove to it, BUT I don't want them to slow it down like a ballad, its a mid-tempo song, it needs to get us moving. 

Focus by H.E.R. this is a nice little ballad, I'd love to hear Southern .or even ASU take a shot at it(I'm picturing a 2010 Bama state lol)..

Get You by Daniel Caesar(I've heard JSU's arrangement for it watching their High School band day clips, I liked it,...though something tells me they will not bring it into the book for the fall, but I hope I'm wrong) I hope to hear a few arrangements for several bands on this one

Hmmm I've been thinking since last year really for awhile now that JSU would have a great arrangement for Toni Braxton's "Seven Whole Days" ala You Send Me Swinging kinda 2014 vibe..

• I totally agree with you on two songs. That seven whole days would be great for Jsu or pvamu. And yes boo'd up has to be played through the trombone and baritone section with a groove I picture 4 bands playing this song right (Jsu, pvamu, that, and aamu) aamu needs to play it since the divas made that dance like a diva challenge off of it! 

But this is a good point about toni Braxton you very rarely hear her songs played. Another good ballad would be "love shoulda brought you home last night" 

justDANCE said:

Boo'd Up Definitely! And it must have a NASTTYYY groove to it, BUT I don't want them to slow it down like a ballad, its a mid-tempo song, it needs to get us moving. 

Focus by H.E.R. this is a nice little ballad, I'd love to hear Southern .or even ASU take a shot at it(I'm picturing a 2010 Bama state lol)..

Get You by Daniel Caesar(I've heard JSU's arrangement for it watching their High School band day clips, I liked it,...though something tells me they will not bring it into the book for the fall, but I hope I'm wrong) I hope to hear a few arrangements for several bands on this one

Hmmm I've been thinking since last year really for awhile now that JSU would have a great arrangement for Toni Braxton's "Seven Whole Days" ala You Send Me Swinging kinda 2014 vibe..

As the new season is slowly approaching, I would like to start a discussion forum about some songs we would like to hear our schools and favs play. B…
    1. "Boo'd up" by ella mai 
    2. "Walk it like I talk" by migos 
    3. “Nice for what” by drake
    4. “Sky Walker” by Miguel
    5. “Freaky Friday” by Lil Dicky
    6. “Hard Away” by Derez Deshon
    7. “Sativa” by Jhene Aiko
  • One song I'd like to add is 

"You don't want know drama" by 8ball and mjg some swac band has got to crank the fuck out of this lol 

• If someone could arrange it right it would make for a nice alternative song 

Joe Moore said:

As the new season is slowly approaching, I would like to start a discussion forum about some songs we would like to hear our schools and favs play. B…
This reply was deleted.