Views: 4150

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Post more often! That swaying from side to side is getting on my nerves also, It makes me itch! lol

I think the reason Mrs. Oatis J-Settes were so polished, poised and classy was, Mrs. Oatis had an assistant, Chloe doesn't have an assistant. Mrs. Oatis and Ms. Hood were like Drill Sergeants, they didn't play! lol

Jayden Paul said:

I normally don't post on here I just watch the comments. Truthfully, I had a lot of hope that Kayla would bring but that "it" factor was known but honestly she just does not do it for me. Everyone wants to say how great she is in the stands, which I can not take from her. But the fieldshows are horrible the moves are not full out executed, the girls all seem to be in their own little worlds. Marching I have never seen the Jsettes stand still so much when marching, the girls would always move. Now its like they just sway from side to side. No one ever brings up the fact that, this squad has 3 different styles of "salt and pepper" marches which is crazy. "My" personal opinion is that Chloe needs to either revamp or maybe they need to change the direction. I know with everything comes a change but the Jsettes have taken a whole different direction and its not for the best. I know a lot of people will probably be down my neck but the truth is the truth. I am one to never down or talk about this ladies but some things are obvious. 

oh yes, '13 was great!! that was a beautiful line that year. 

Peachyp said:

We can’t leave out Charlotte and Morgan J.

kimo said:

Really? I'm sorry, but IMO, Tierra's year sucked. besides being eye candy, her stands were repetitive and her fields were blahs. She was lazy to me. shes the one that started the different stand formation foolery. the zig zag, the slanted row ripple. It's like each row dances only one 8 count per song. I personally think she was not a good captain. as far as '15, I think dom was great, and given the situation, she handled it very well and I really enjoyed her. as far as 16 and 17, idk what to say. it wasn't terrible, but it was what it was. to me, the last time the j-settes were really the j-settes was in '10. After that disaster in '08, Shanketta brought back the thrill, IMO. She was great to watch both in stands and on the field

Theeriite1 said:

THIS!!!! they dragged her for the stands but once she got a hold of it, she beasted. She had everything you needed for a successful team. Her crabs ( with the exception of jaz and Dreem in the stands) were the most consistent group that had marched in a while. Her field shows were phenomenal and insane (no pun intended) and she had that body and sex appeal that personified her moves. Dom was okay and I love her but her season was mediocre and it really wasn’t her fault given the circumstances that had taken place. But i will say this it’s because of dom that the settes look like they look now because she changed the direction that the team was going for . Morgan H. wasn’t a TERRIBBLE captain she just never looked comfortable in the front and it showed. She wasn’t ready her first year because she went from crab to captain just like that and it wasn’t the time idk what the fuck Chole was thinking and it’s not because i like CIP. Jewel could have did an even better job. 

BandJunkee said:

Honestly, I have not been impressed with the Settes since Tierra’s year as captain. Y’all can say what y’all want, but Tierra was that girl and had an exciting year. 

Chloe does have an assistant lol And yep Mrs. Hood was the Cheer sponsor

DancingBear said:

Post more often! That swaying from side to side is getting on my nerves also, It makes me itch! lol

I think the reason Mrs. Oatis J-Settes were so polished, poised and classy was, Mrs. Oatis had an assistant, Chloe doesn't have an assistant. Mrs. Oatis and Ms. Hood were like Drill Sergeants, they didn't play! lol

Jayden Paul said:

I normally don't post on here I just watch the comments. Truthfully, I had a lot of hope that Kayla would bring but that "it" factor was known but honestly she just does not do it for me. Everyone wants to say how great she is in the stands, which I can not take from her. But the fieldshows are horrible the moves are not full out executed, the girls all seem to be in their own little worlds. Marching I have never seen the Jsettes stand still so much when marching, the girls would always move. Now its like they just sway from side to side. No one ever brings up the fact that, this squad has 3 different styles of "salt and pepper" marches which is crazy. "My" personal opinion is that Chloe needs to either revamp or maybe they need to change the direction. I know with everything comes a change but the Jsettes have taken a whole different direction and its not for the best. I know a lot of people will probably be down my neck but the truth is the truth. I am one to never down or talk about this ladies but some things are obvious. 

I agree J Settes are in a league of their own. No other Squads even attempt to do the routines that they do and the fans love it!!! Kayla is outstanding she works these girls not just marching down the street in a parade looking pretty or just up and down in the stands she works those stands and the field. So I can understand if you don't like the J Settes or the Captain just stop watching! Their routines are a lot more complex and difficult. In my opinion they are doing an outstanding job and Kayla is a Captain with high energy and she needs to keep doing what she's doing. Let the haters hate J Settes on a decline is laughable! I agree they are bringing that heat!! I see a mixture of dance and stunts that others can't do and it appears to be bothering some excellent Captain/excellent SQUAD!!!!!!!!!!! Chloe keep up the good work!!

Section Leader said:

Will be great to be back in Jacktown for the first home game next week then homecoming after that.  This season is just getting started.  The band and the Settes are bringing a special brand of heat this year.  The level is off the chain.  That Kayla is a boss, and she has a strong team of beautiful athletic dancers.  Fans are happyyyy.

why is it that if comments are made that seem negative or critical, the person(s) giving them is deemed to be a hater? I'm saying, it's a difference between insulting out of spite or unnecessary banter, and clear observations. I'm a huge fan of the j-settes and I really want them to continue into the legacy they're known for. But when u see a squad where there is a clear amount of talent and potential, but the performances are lack luster, that's disappointing. I think what's so upsetting is that fans know what the j-settes are known for and it's not being showcased, but there's potential. the squad doesnt need any "yes men." Lets call it like it is, the past performances have been sub par. it is what it is. the j-settes are better then what they're putting out currently. they're the #1 hbcu dance squad for a reason. I'm rooting for them. 

Mary Johnson said:

I agree J Settes are in a league of their own. No other Squads even attempt to do the routines that they do and the fans love it!!! Kayla is outstanding she works these girls not just marching down the street in a parade looking pretty or just up and down in the stands she works those stands and the field. So I can understand if you don't like the J Settes or the Captain just stop watching! Their routines are a lot more complex and difficult. In my opinion they are doing an outstanding job and Kayla is a Captain with high energy and she needs to keep doing what she's doing. Let the haters hate J Settes on a decline is laughable! I agree they are bringing that heat!! I see a mixture of dance and stunts that others can't do and it appears to be bothering some excellent Captain/excellent SQUAD!!!!!!!!!!! Chloe keep up the good work!!

Section Leader said:

Will be great to be back in Jacktown for the first home game next week then homecoming after that.  This season is just getting started.  The band and the Settes are bringing a special brand of heat this year.  The level is off the chain.  That Kayla is a boss, and she has a strong team of beautiful athletic dancers.  Fans are happyyyy.

I kinda think the fault is on both sides here. Both sides aren't respecting everyones opinion and view point. Where your opinion is that it's sub par others see it as different like it. I think the people who don't like the changes are wanting the ones who are enjoying it to change their views and vice versa. Do they have areas of opportunity yes every year has had them. But just because you don't like whats being put out doesn't mean the next person doesn't. I understand KG's style is not your cup of tea and I respect that.

kimo said:

why is it that if comments are made that seem negative or critical, the person(s) giving them is deemed to be a hater? I'm saying, it's a difference between insulting out of spite or unnecessary banter, and clear observations. I'm a huge fan of the j-settes and I really want them to continue into the legacy they're known for. But when u see a squad where there is a clear amount of talent and potential, but the performances are lack luster, that's disappointing. I think what's so upsetting is that fans know what the j-settes are known for and it's not being showcased, but there's potential. the squad doesnt need any "yes men." Lets call it like it is, the past performances have been sub par. it is what it is. the j-settes are better then what they're putting out currently. they're the #1 hbcu dance squad for a reason. I'm rooting for them. 

Mary Johnson said:

Section Leader said:

Stunt, these young cats can only see the present and are focused only on it! They know nothing about J-Sette history and their legacy! All they do is scream and act like they are having seizures when they see their favorite J-Sette. lol

Stuntboi06 said:

I kinda think the fault is on both sides here. Both sides aren't respecting everyones opinion and view point. Where your opinion is that it's sub par others see it as different like it. I think the people who don't like the changes are wanting the ones who are enjoying it to change their views and vice versa. Do they have areas of opportunity yes every year has had them. But just because you don't like whats being put out doesn't mean the next person doesn't. I understand KG's style is not your cup of tea and I respect that.

kimo said:

Mary Johnson said:

Section Leader said:

Although I respect others opinions remember one man's treasure maybe another man's G! There are many that like what they see in the J Settes and it doesn't necessarily mean they do not know their history. Many times you just respectfully disagree. Where one may say their performance was a "hot mess" others may post they enjoyed the performance. So each and every to their own. I describe comments as "Hater" when one finds nothing positive to say about these ladies! One would ask "why would you even want to be a J Sette"? The criticism comes across many times as so vicious! I am not surprised when vicious comments come from many of their opponents but when these types of attacks come from your own family that appear to be mean spirited it cuts deeper! Especially when these posts are read by so many. Many times it's not what's said or written but how! From some of these posts I hope these are not read by the J Settes. Is every performance perfect "No" and I doubt if there's any squad who doesn't strive to improve. I agree with what others have said because it's a different style of dance some will like it and some don't that's what a democracy is all about! We agree to disagree because I like what I see in the Squad! I applaud them for hitting that field after a 8-9 hour trip, pep rally, field show, and stands with smiles!  There are many fans who like what they see so read all the posts and those on utube too, not their opponents and those who couldn't make the Squad! (sometimes you can tell).  Go Sonic Boom and Go J-Settes!! I agree with what has been said respecting others viewpoint and not thinking everyone doesn't like what they see because I do; however I  respect you when you say you don't!!

I think I may have found common ground, we all love the Sonic Boom and J Settes and want them to continue to be the "Very BEST"!!!!

Oh My don't  forget they did  "parade" too! These ladies are Awesome!

Mary Johnson said:

Although I respect others opinions remember one man's treasure maybe another man's G! There are many that like what they see in the J Settes and it doesn't necessarily mean they do not know their history. Many times you just respectfully disagree. Where one may say their performance was a "hot mess" others may post they enjoyed the performance. So each and every to their own. I describe comments as "Hater" when one finds nothing positive to say about these ladies! One would ask "why would you even want to be a J Sette"? The criticism comes across many times as so vicious! I am not surprised when vicious comments come from many of their opponents but when these types of attacks come from your own family that appear to be mean spirited it cuts deeper! Especially when these posts are read by so many. Many times it's not what's said or written but how! From some of these posts I hope these are not read by the J Settes. Is every performance perfect "No" and I doubt if there's any squad who doesn't strive to improve. I agree with what others have said because it's a different style of dance some will like it and some don't that's what a democracy is all about! We agree to disagree because I like what I see in the Squad! I applaud them for hitting that field after a 8-9 hour trip, pep rally, field show, and stands with smiles!  There are many fans who like what they see so read all the posts and those on utube too, not their opponents and those who couldn't make the Squad! (sometimes you can tell).  Go Sonic Boom and Go J-Settes!! I agree with what has been said respecting others viewpoint and not thinking everyone doesn't like what they see because I do; however I  respect you when you say you don't!!

I think I may have found common ground, we all love the Sonic Boom and J Settes and want them to continue to be the "Very BEST"!!!!

Well said

Mary Johnson said:

I admire Kayla’s drive, energy, and passion. But it can be a task getting others to mesh well with that. Aside from them possibly not choreographing to the music, which has been a concern for seasons now. There are a few factors some may find fault in here. But I kinda of think of it as them being in a transition. We may not see her vision or the mark she’s making until she's gone and it is built upon or rounded out by the next. KG is kind of a wild dancer to me. Her choreo and safety as a dancer has always left me on pins and needles. Not just saying that bc she was wearing a brace bc some of her freestyle/off-season chores made my nerves bad. It’s little things when it comes to form and technique.

I definitely, positively and wholeheartedly approve your post!

HeartOfADancer said:

I admire Kayla’s drive, energy, and passion. But it can be a task getting others to mesh well with that. Aside from them possibly not choreographing to the music, which has been a concern for seasons now. There are a few factors some may find fault in here. But I kinda of think of it as them being in a transition. We may not see her vision or the mark she’s making until it’s gone and built upon or rounded out by the next. KG is kind of a wild dancer to me. Her chores and safety as a dancer has always left me on pins and needles. Not just saying that bc she was wearing a brace bc some of her freestyle/off-season chores made my nerves bad. It’s little things when it comes to form and technique.

RSS

© 2020   Created by Marchingsport.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service