Views: 4178

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

I see some of your points especially regarding transition and vision.  As one of the top Squads J Settes need to push the envelope so to speak and do the difficult more complex routines.. Relative to the other Squads there are just so many hand movements and high knicks you can do before your routine is simply boring. It gets to the point the only thing going with some of these Squads are their outfits and not choreography.  I just see more variety with J Settes moves, of course we want them to be safe with their routines.  I see this no different than the moves cheerleaders make, because when all is said and done they are dancers who have also become athletes. They are dancers who make athletic moves somewhere the choice was made to move in that direction. Back in the day it mostly dance but today it appears more athletic moves have increased mixed with dance moves.... Of course we are concern for their safety but that's why you have a Coach who should say what's out of bound correct form, technique, etc. 

HeartOfADancer I applaud your post for how you expressed pros vs cons regarding KG's style of dance and the Squad.  I think we must attempt to do both lift the ladies up but tell it like it is as they continue to strive for excellence representing our University!! Go Sonic Boom!! Go J Settes!!! Remember there is a lot of pressure on these ladies as J Settes after all their top priority should be academics!

This!

Some of these J-Settes fans/supporters are simply not giving the J-Settes any "tough love!" They are nothing more than moral boosters/motivation speakers, they can't intelligently critique a J-Settes routine. I await Objective Reviews post!

Y’all what if for homecoming the did swoop 2010 that would be epic and prove that they can still get down. But i already know everyone won’t dance and they try to do that for homecoming. But i realistically think only 6-7 girls on this squad can pull that routine off 

Idk what it is but Kayla's chore doesn't give me Jsette.. I'm not getting that thrill bucking etc. I really like her stands, only thing is the Mississippi girls  out buck her 

J-Settes are the originators of bucking, but the Alcorn GG's have taken bucking in the stands to another level!

Nastacia Chun Li De Sousa said:

Idk what it is but Kayla's chore doesn't give me Jsette.. I'm not getting that thrill bucking etc. I really like her stands, only thing is the Mississippi girls  out buck her 

I heard that Alcorn originated it.... But I was trying to say The Jsettes that’s are from Mississippi out her... 

D said:

J-Settes are the originators of bucking, but the Alcorn GG's have taken bucking in the stands to another level!

O, Ok!

The J-Settes have a wide repertoire of moves, ranging from elegant interpretations of symphonic music to high-speed booty-shaking and go-go routines. They claim to have pioneered a raunchy pelvic thrusting move known as “bucking” that has since become widespread in dance lines.
Bucking was derived from moves developed by the Jackson State University Prancing J-Settes dance team

https://www.wabe.org/new-documentary-gives-bucking-dance-style-the-...

I heard that Alcorn originated it.... But I was trying to say The Jsettes that’s are from Mississippi out her... 

D said:

Alcorn humps, or used to, and J-Settes buck. Kayla has a more ole skool Sette vibe. She was trained and taught by the legendary Prancing J-Sette Piper Williams who is also from Georgia. 

D said:

I kind of girl the old school soft feminine vibe... But this show for me wasn’t it.. I liked Tierra’s field choreo especially How Insane and Lights Camera Action 

Stuntboi06 said:

Alcorn humps, or used to, and J-Settes buck. Kayla has a more ole skool Sette vibe. She was trained and taught by the legendary Prancing J-Sette Piper Williams who is also from Georgia. 

D said:

I see no ole skool J-Sette vibe in Kayla. Ole skool J-Settes are/were awesome and poised dancers. Kayla? No comment. When the GG's buck they get low with it, J-Settes haven't really bucked since 2010. If Kayla were an Oatis or Worthy J-Sette, she would be a better J-Sette. Oatis and Worthy had awesome Captains. I don't think Chloe is serious when it comes to selecting a Captain. She toys  and extends the selection process, like a cat playing with a mouse before he eats it!

Stuntboi06 said:

D said:

The J-settes was the first squad I ever started following so they’ll always have a special in my heart lol. But this ain’t it for me, and I’m one of the few people that don’t like the stunt heavy shows. I thought this season they’d build more on the choreography from shame, but what I’m seeing is completely different. The choreography just doesn’t make sense to me sometimes. It just looks jumbled and they’re cutting their movements bad, they’re not really living in the counts of the choreography. It’s like they’re constantly rushing to get to the next move so we really don’t get the full impact of the show. This squad is extremely talented and creative but they need to go back to the drawing board of how they format and choreograph these shows. The boom is actually giving them decent music to dance to this year compared to ‘16 and ‘17 so I’m hoping they take advantage of it.

RSS

© 2020   Created by Marchingsport.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service