Views: 4182

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

To say that this is the most technical team is laughable! Don’t be blind like doll fans who think their team can do no wrong. Besides flexed feet, where did the fluidity go? Its like they jump to their spot or count without a care. The thrill has been fading for a while and we have to be honest.

Great post!

Peachyp said:

To say that this is the most technical team is laughable! Don’t be blind like doll fans who think their team can do no wrong. Besides flexed feet, where did the fluidity go? Its like they jump to their spot or count without a care. The thrill has been fading for a while and we have to be honest.

The key word is excessive.

Stuntboi06 said:

LOL Kayla teams have done way more dancing than any squad in a while. During this whole routine they only went to the ground 3 times which is called changing elevation in a routine. Even if you watch professional dancers they utilize the floor as well. LOL did we watch the same routine?

Tiger Trail said:

One word to describe the J-Settes's routine, excessive. The J-Settes got on the carpet entirely too much. Sometimes less is more. I hope the next J-Settes Captain isn't a Kayla protege. Kayla's marching, parading and choreographing skills should be placed in a box and buried when she graduates. In 1971 the Jaycettes were formed because the Majorettes wanted to put the batons down and dance, it's seems J-Settes tradition has been lost. No Dancing, just a lot of floor exercises and stunting. I hope and pray the next J-Settes Captain is a dancer and not another calisthenics/floor exercises guru!

Just because I don't share your same opinion doesn't mean I am not being honest with mines. When I said the most technical I mean they have more girls with technical training than most of the Settes squads in recent years, which is facts not laughable lol However I did say I agree with the flexed feet and such the routine needs some tweaks and cleaning, but it was not a mess as some of you have been trying to so hard to push. And I don't see a decline I just see a Captain showing her vision for the squad. It's not everyone's cup of tea and that fine it is always like that lol

Back when things started to transition and they started to do more stunt heavy routines the ole school fans went into an uproar (ex. DancingBear, TigerTrail) because they saw all the ground work and tricks, but the new age fans loved it and soaked it up, but now that they are once again evolving the style now those same new age fans are like WTH, but it's nothing new with the Settes. KG has brought out songs that you would normally not see a Sette routine to this day and age. I am loving the mix of the old mixed with the new but that's just my opinion as you all have yours. We must be honest yes, and we must also learn that not everyone will always agree with you and that doesn't take away from their truths or opinions. PEachy it was just like 14k performance in ATL you said that it wasn't bad and that you felt they did good when even most of their fans that I was sitting by said what the hell are they doing and what is going on, this proves my point once again that everyone's opinions differ and there's nothing wrong with that, you like what you like and vice versa.

Peachyp said:

Honestly, I have not been impressed with the Settes since Tierra’s year as captain. Y’all can say what y’all want, but Tierra was that girl and had an exciting year. 

THIS!!!! they dragged her for the stands but once she got a hold of it, she beasted. She had everything you needed for a successful team. Her crabs ( with the exception of jaz and Dreem in the stands) were the most consistent group that had marched in a while. Her field shows were phenomenal and insane (no pun intended) and she had that body and sex appeal that personified her moves. Dom was okay and I love her but her season was mediocre and it really wasn’t her fault given the circumstances that had taken place. But i will say this it’s because of dom that the settes look like they look now because she changed the direction that the team was going for . Morgan H. wasn’t a TERRIBBLE captain she just never looked comfortable in the front and it showed. She wasn’t ready her first year because she went from crab to captain just like that and it wasn’t the time idk what the fuck Chole was thinking and it’s not because i like CIP. Jewel could have did an even better job. 

BandJunkee said:

Honestly, I have not been impressed with the Settes since Tierra’s year as captain. Y’all can say what y’all want, but Tierra was that girl and had an exciting year. 

Kayla has been blessed with the amount of talent she has on her squad this year so I do agree that using everyone’s abilities could improve the field work. It wasn’t horrible lol. We definitely should be seeing more from Neci, Mi’Kala and Makayla though because all of them are great choreographers. 

You are right, 14k went in an other direction and I was surprised as well. But they still showcased great technique. You know I am a 14k fan and Jsette fan forever, but I just don’t see what you are seeing because I am looking through my dancer lenses. 

Kayla still has homecoming, boombox and alcorn to go. I wish the girls the best.

Another reason I’m upset with the lack of technique is because Chloe graduated with a master’s in dance right? Why isn’t she helping or at least correcting them on the lack of pointing their toes and teaching them to correctly do turns and leaps? I know you don’t know the answer but geesh!

Stuntboi06 said:

Just because I don't share your same opinion doesn't mean I am not being honest with mines. When I said the most technical I mean they have more girls with technical training than most of the Settes squads in recent years, which is facts not laughable lol However I did say I agree with the flexed feet and such the routine needs some tweaks and cleaning, but it was not a mess as some of you have been trying to so hard to push. And I don't see a decline I just see a Captain showing her vision for the squad. It's not everyone's cup of tea and that fine it is always like that lol

Back when things started to transition and they started to do more stunt heavy routines the ole school fans went into an uproar (ex. DancingBear, TigerTrail) because they saw all the ground work and tricks, but the new age fans loved it and soaked it up, but now that they are once again evolving the style now those same new age fans are like WTH, but it's nothing new with the Settes. KG has brought out songs that you would normally not see a Sette routine to this day and age. I am loving the mix of the old mixed with the new but that's just my opinion as you all have yours. We must be honest yes, and we must also learn that not everyone will always agree with you and that doesn't take away from their truths or opinions. PEachy it was just like 14k performance in ATL you said that it wasn't bad and that you felt they did good when even most of their fans that I was sitting by said what the hell are they doing and what is going on, this proves my point once again that everyone's opinions differ and there's nothing wrong with that, you like what you like and vice versa.

Peachyp said:

Really? I'm sorry, but IMO, Tierra's year sucked. besides being eye candy, her stands were repetitive and her fields were blahs. She was lazy to me. shes the one that started the different stand formation foolery. the zig zag, the slanted row ripple. It's like each row dances only one 8 count per song. I personally think she was not a good captain. as far as '15, I think dom was great, and given the situation, she handled it very well and I really enjoyed her. as far as 16 and 17, idk what to say. it wasn't terrible, but it was what it was. to me, the last time the j-settes were really the j-settes was in '10. After that disaster in '08, Shanketta brought back the thrill, IMO. She was great to watch both in stands and on the field

Theeriite1 said:

THIS!!!! they dragged her for the stands but once she got a hold of it, she beasted. She had everything you needed for a successful team. Her crabs ( with the exception of jaz and Dreem in the stands) were the most consistent group that had marched in a while. Her field shows were phenomenal and insane (no pun intended) and she had that body and sex appeal that personified her moves. Dom was okay and I love her but her season was mediocre and it really wasn’t her fault given the circumstances that had taken place. But i will say this it’s because of dom that the settes look like they look now because she changed the direction that the team was going for . Morgan H. wasn’t a TERRIBBLE captain she just never looked comfortable in the front and it showed. She wasn’t ready her first year because she went from crab to captain just like that and it wasn’t the time idk what the fuck Chole was thinking and it’s not because i like CIP. Jewel could have did an even better job. 

BandJunkee said:

We can’t leave out Charlotte and Morgan J.

kimo said:

Really? I'm sorry, but IMO, Tierra's year sucked. besides being eye candy, her stands were repetitive and her fields were blahs. She was lazy to me. shes the one that started the different stand formation foolery. the zig zag, the slanted row ripple. It's like each row dances only one 8 count per song. I personally think she was not a good captain. as far as '15, I think dom was great, and given the situation, she handled it very well and I really enjoyed her. as far as 16 and 17, idk what to say. it wasn't terrible, but it was what it was. to me, the last time the j-settes were really the j-settes was in '10. After that disaster in '08, Shanketta brought back the thrill, IMO. She was great to watch both in stands and on the field

Theeriite1 said:

BandJunkee said:

Hi, I'm just gonna give it some time. Been watching the Settes since the 90's and they have definitely evolved! However, I have not gagged at a field since last year's first performance against USM, and PARTS of Shame. I'm pretty sure the young ladies selected were chosen for a reason. 2014 was the last time I've seen the Settes go HAM on the field. Leave me speechless and distracted during the fifth quarter, still gagging over the field show like ya used to do lol. Remember when the Settes would make half-time performances look effortless?! Everything else was just the icing and decorations on a homemade Sock It To Me cake! No I'm not a professional when it comes to dance, ain't got nobody's credentials lol. So I won't go there. Someone did hit the nail on the head by saying the way they became a fan originally, is not the way they feel currently. I choose to still support regardless, EVERYTHING else is still solid as a rock. Don't be afraid to ask, or show an Alumni something, nor afraid of constructive criticism. Each one Teach one! Be Blessed...

I normally don't post on here I just watch the comments. Truthfully, I had a lot of hope that Kayla would bring but that "it" factor was known but honestly she just does not do it for me. Everyone wants to say how great she is in the stands, which I can not take from her. But the fieldshows are horrible the moves are not full out executed, the girls all seem to be in their own little worlds. Marching I have never seen the Jsettes stand still so much when marching, the girls would always move. Now its like they just sway from side to side. No one ever brings up the fact that, this squad has 3 different styles of "salt and pepper" marches which is crazy. "My" personal opinion is that Chloe needs to either revamp or maybe they need to change the direction. I know with everything comes a change but the Jsettes have taken a whole different direction and its not for the best. I know a lot of people will probably be down my neck but the truth is the truth. I am one to never down or talk about this ladies but some things are obvious. 

RSS

© 2020   Created by Marchingsport.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service