Views: 4182

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

2010? You out yo mind lol And yes she does have a Ole skool flair to her. And yes Mrs. Oatis Settes were awesome but they were not without their flaws as well. They will tell you to this day that they are glad that youtube wasn't as prevalent back then as it is today because just like this bunch they had their own areas of opportunity.

D said:

I see no ole skool J-Sette vibe in Kayla. Ole skool J-Settes are/were awesome and poised dancers. Kayla? No comment. When the GG's buck they get low with it, J-Settes haven't really bucked since 2010. If Kayla were an Oatis or Worthy J-Sette, she would be a better J-Sette. Oatis and Worthy had awesome Captains. I don't think Chloe is serious when it comes to selecting a Captain. She toys  and extends the selection process, like a cat playing with a mouse before he eats it!

Stuntboi06 said:

Alcorn humps, or used to, and J-Settes buck. Kayla has a more ole skool Sette vibe. She was trained and taught by the legendary Prancing J-Sette Piper Williams who is also from Georgia. 

Nastacia Chun Li De Sousa said:

I heard that Alcorn originated it.... But I was trying to say The Jsettes that’s are from Mississippi out her... 

D said:

J-Settes are the originators of bucking, but the Alcorn GG's have taken bucking in the stands to another level!

Nastacia Chun Li De Sousa said:

Idk what it is but Kayla's chore doesn't give me Jsette.. I'm not getting that thrill bucking etc. I really like her stands, only thing is the Mississippi girls  out buck her 

You're on point! Kayla's isn't choreographing to the music, she is throwing something together and music is added later. Ole school J-Settes choregraphed to the music, that's the difference. Kayla isn't ole school. Jasma and Shanketta are two J-Settes Captains, I can think of that had that ole school J-Sette favor.

Justin S. said:

The J-settes was the first squad I ever started following so they’ll always have a special in my heart lol. But this ain’t it for me, and I’m one of the few people that don’t like the stunt heavy shows. I thought this season they’d build more on the choreography from shame, but what I’m seeing is completely different. The choreography just doesn’t make sense to me sometimes. It just looks jumbled and they’re cutting their movements bad, they’re not really living in the counts of the choreography. It’s like they’re constantly rushing to get to the next move so we really don’t get the full impact of the show. This squad is extremely talented and creative but they need to go back to the drawing board of how they format and choreograph these shows. The boom is actually giving them decent music to dance to this year compared to ‘16 and ‘17 so I’m hoping they take advantage of it.

Actually Jasma brought a more Memphis flavor to the Settes which also introduced more stunting to the routines. Ketta also was talented Sette and included stunts in her routines Both are two of my top favorite Settes however their routines were way more advanced and stunt heavy than the ole school Settes. 

Joe Moore said:

You're on point! Kayla's isn't choreographing to the music, she is throwing something together and music is added later. Ole school J-Settes choregraphed to the music, that's the difference. Kayla isn't ole school. Jasma and Shanketta are two J-Settes Captains, I can think of that had that ole school J-Sette favor.

Justin S. said:

The J-settes was the first squad I ever started following so they’ll always have a special in my heart lol. But this ain’t it for me, and I’m one of the few people that don’t like the stunt heavy shows. I thought this season they’d build more on the choreography from shame, but what I’m seeing is completely different. The choreography just doesn’t make sense to me sometimes. It just looks jumbled and they’re cutting their movements bad, they’re not really living in the counts of the choreography. It’s like they’re constantly rushing to get to the next move so we really don’t get the full impact of the show. This squad is extremely talented and creative but they need to go back to the drawing board of how they format and choreograph these shows. The boom is actually giving them decent music to dance to this year compared to ‘16 and ‘17 so I’m hoping they take advantage of it.

Check out my Week 5 Review of the J-Settes' performance at the 2019 Circle City Classic!

Whether you are "Pro or Con", Objective Review's hit the bull's eye! Your review is unbiased and on point!

Be Objective said:

Check out my Week 5 Review of the J-Settes' performance at the 2019 Circle City Classic!

Kayla’s choreography is there, it’s the execution that’s lacking. If she paid a little more attention to detail, the routines would be even better. Give me that Socky, Chloe, Morgan Jackson, and Dom cleanliness. She sort of puts me in the mind of Charlotte, their creativity is unmatched! Plus, we’re finally getting routines that don’t look so recycled. If she does a little bit of editing on last week’s field show it would be one for the books!

And by the way, she’s killing it in the stands!

Thank you so much for watching!

DancingBear said:

Whether you are "Pro or Con", Objective Review's hit the bull's eye! Your review is unbiased and on point!

Be Objective said:

Didn't know the ending of routine was a hard landing until watching your review clip. My advice to Kayla? K-I-S-S!

Be Objective said:

Mrs. Oatis J-Settes were versatile! One week they stunted and got on the ground, the next week (new routine) they didn't get on the ground at all, they danced. Every new routine didn't look like the previous routine. Kayla, every routine looks the same. With this said, "Can we get along" and move on to the Grambling game? Ok!

DancingBear said:

Post more often! That swaying from side to side is getting on my nerves also, It makes me itch! lol

I think the reason Mrs. Oatis J-Settes were so polished, poised and classy was, Mrs. Oatis had an assistant, Chloe doesn't have an assistant. Mrs. Oatis and Ms. Hood were like Drill Sergeants, they didn't play! lol

Jayden Paul said:

I normally don't post on here I just watch the comments. Truthfully, I had a lot of hope that Kayla would bring but that "it" factor was known but honestly she just does not do it for me. Everyone wants to say how great she is in the stands, which I can not take from her. But the fieldshows are horrible the moves are not full out executed, the girls all seem to be in their own little worlds. Marching I have never seen the Jsettes stand still so much when marching, the girls would always move. Now its like they just sway from side to side. No one ever brings up the fact that, this squad has 3 different styles of "salt and pepper" marches which is crazy. "My" personal opinion is that Chloe needs to either revamp or maybe they need to change the direction. I know with everything comes a change but the Jsettes have taken a whole different direction and its not for the best. I know a lot of people will probably be down my neck but the truth is the truth. I am one to never down or talk about this ladies but some things are obvious. 

RSS

© 2020   Created by Marchingsport.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service