Replies

• If the ‘huge’ brings quality with it, then that’s a good thing.  If J State brings additional numbers and quality, people should be worried. 

• Me personally I think both JSU and SU will be great this season. But I’m only going by what was told to me . JSU suppose to have them 2014 numbers maybe even bigger. And as for su they were big last season but adding on to that but we shall see..band camp is two weeks away for Southern 

Section Leader said:

If the ‘huge’ brings quality with it, then that’s a good thing.  If J State brings additional numbers and quality, people should be worried. 

Band camp is almost here
    The rumor is southern and Jackson state will be seriously huge this fall
  • these rumors are a trip the boom will march around 250 which is nice size they still on a financial hold rn for a min maybe in 2 years u will see 2014 numbers...people been saying this rumor the last 2 years and i been constantly telling them they dont have the finances rn...as for southern they gonna march what they marched in 2018. su is content with their size

• How big do you/yall/whoever want the Boom to be? They already a big band; consistent and continuing to do what they do. Size is good, I like a nice size band don't get me wrong but bigger don't always mean better.   

2k2 mello said:

these rumors are a trip the boom will march around 250 which is nice size they still on a financial hold rn for a min maybe in 2 years u will see 2014 numbers...people been saying this rumor the last 2 years and i been constantly telling them they dont have the finances rn...as for southern they gonna march what they marched in 2018. su is content with their size

Band camp is almost here
  • Yea I can agree with that. Unless you have more of a meac or balanced philosophy you dont need to have a big band. I hope jsu is slightly a bit bigger like 2011 or 2013 but if they were 2014 I think they need to have a balance of like 50 trumpets to 20 mellos. I think southern will be the biggest swac band this year tho. 

John Brown said:

How big do you/yall/whoever want the Boom to be? They already a big band; consistent and continuing to do what they do. Size is good, I like a nice size band don't get me wrong but bigger don't always mean better.   

2k2 mello said:

these rumors are a trip the boom will march around 250 which is nice size they still on a financial hold rn for a min maybe in 2 years u will see 2014 numbers...people been saying this rumor the last 2 years and i been constantly telling them they dont have the finances rn...as for southern they gonna march what they marched in 2018. su is content with their size

Band camp is almost here
  • I agree with you about JSU because that 2011 and 2013 piece of JSU was a monster . 2014 was huge but they trumpets were no where to be found .. I honestly can see JSU having 2014 numbers this upcoming season, I already heard that got a lot trumpets coming in so we shall see.. as for the biggest band in the swac . I think it’s gonna be between southern and PV. Basically southerns returning vets was that band at Mardi Gras and still missing a ppl. So this shall be interesting. I’m just going by what I was told but su suppose to have about 70 trumpets and a bigger tuba section but again we shall see . Pv will def have numbers , recruit well. I’m also hearing txsu is definitely up there in numbers , there camp starts Sunday 

xaemill said:

Yea I can agree with that. Unless you have more of a meac or balanced philosophy you dont need to have a big band. I hope jsu is slightly a bit bigger like 2011 or 2013 but if they were 2014 I think they need to have a balance of like 50 trumpets to 20 mellos. I think southern will be the biggest swac band this year tho. 

John Brown said:

How big do you/yall/whoever want the Boom to be? They already a big band; consistent and continuing to do what they do. Size is good, I like a nice size band don't get me wrong but bigger don't always mean better.   

2k2 mello said:

Band camp is almost here
  • Band camp starts Saturday for the boom( freshmen) so we will see. Majority of the band from last year is returning and a large freshman class is coming in. They defintely focused on recruiting trumpets. I'm positive it will be 2014 size but with more trumpets. That band last year was mostly freshmen and sophomores. It's that time again.
  • On another note, our trumpets were heard last year and that's due to our new arranger Kevin Johnson.
  • Yea I think there will be 4 decent size swac bands next year: su, pvamu, jsu and aamu. I agree I can see jsu being 2014 size but they need 50 plus trumpets. 

austin steelz said:

I agree with you about JSU because that 2011 and 2013 piece of JSU was a monster . 2014 was huge but they trumpets were no where to be found .. I honestly can see JSU having 2014 numbers this upcoming season, I already heard that got a lot trumpets coming in so we shall see.. as for the biggest band in the swac . I think it’s gonna be between southern and PV. Basically southerns returning vets was that band at Mardi Gras and still missing a ppl. So this shall be interesting. I’m just going by what I was told but su suppose to have about 70 trumpets and a bigger tuba section but again we shall see . Pv will def have numbers , recruit well. I’m also hearing txsu is definitely up there in numbers , there camp starts Sunday 

xaemill said:

Yea I can agree with that. Unless you have more of a meac or balanced philosophy you dont need to have a big band. I hope jsu is slightly a bit bigger like 2011 or 2013 but if they were 2014 I think they need to have a balance of like 50 trumpets to 20 mellos. I think southern will be the biggest swac band this year tho. 

John Brown said:

2k2 mello said:

Band camp is almost here
  • boomsop what's going on man..... but I think jsu if they are 2014 needs the following upper brass size 60 trumpets 25 mellos if they are that deep..... I think the one challenge is not to be like 50 trumpets and 30 mellos where the balance may get lost 

boomsop said:

Band camp starts Saturday for the boom( freshmen) so we will see. Majority of the band from last year is returning and a large freshman class is coming in. They defintely focused on recruiting trumpets. I'm positive it will be 2014 size but with more trumpets. That band last year was mostly freshmen and sophomores. It's that time again.
    Band camp is almost here
This reply was deleted.