Views: 14705

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

That’s interesting, I’ve never considered the Dolls, PV Black Foxes, and a few other squads majorette style because it’s so heavily based on jazz with elements of ballet and other styles.  

Drammy04 said:

True! The technique required and the style is a HUGE transition for most. Most dancers don’t even get past the brand look cuts. Very clean cut, girl next door. Even now when they have the resource of the TV show to see what they’re looking/going for. 
Glammy08 said:

From what I experienced it wasn’t  that black girls didn’t audition, it was more of they were not best prepared for the style. The majorette style is very different from NFL and NBA style and it can sometimes be challenging to transition. I’ve seen many at auditions and they are without a doubt talented dancers but not skilled in that style. 

Jarrett Goer said:

I wish more black women would audition for those organizations! I would be so cool to see more diversity! 

I think those teams you named could transition better dance wise. There’s still a difference than PWIs though. We still in bed more sauce in our dancing. Another thing about DCCs style is “power” dancing. I don’t think any of the teams you named dance with that much power in their technique. The ones that do lack the technique needed. 

Truth_Serum said:

That’s interesting, I’ve never considered the Dolls, PV Black Foxes, and a few other squads majorette style because it’s so heavily based on jazz with elements of ballet and other styles.  

Drammy04 said:

True! The technique required and the style is a HUGE transition for most. Most dancers don’t even get past the brand look cuts. Very clean cut, girl next door. Even now when they have the resource of the TV show to see what they’re looking/going for. 
Glammy08 said:

From what I experienced it wasn’t  that black girls didn’t audition, it was more of they were not best prepared for the style. The majorette style is very different from NFL and NBA style and it can sometimes be challenging to transition. I’ve seen many at auditions and they are without a doubt talented dancers but not skilled in that style. 

Jarrett Goer said:

I wish more black women would audition for those organizations! I would be so cool to see more diversity! 

That makes more sense now.  Gotcha!  

Drammy04 said:

I think those teams you named could transition better dance wise. There’s still a difference than PWIs though. We still in bed more sauce in our dancing. Another thing about DCCs style is “power” dancing. I don’t think any of the teams you named dance with that much power in their technique. The ones that do lack the technique needed. 

Truth_Serum said:

Drammy04 said:

Glammy08 said:

Jarrett Goer said:

no wonder why there havent been many black kilgore rangerettes as well

I feel like alot of Black women do audition coming from majorette backgrounds but they don't make it because the judges really don't get the style, But a girl that was a Pantherette tried out for this years team she did pretty well, she did a death drop and the judges make a Mockery of her.

Jarrett Goer said:

It’s about understanding the style of the team you’re auditioning for. You wouldn’t go to a doll audition and break out into a full blown bucking session so you have to give these teams the same respect. They HAVE to do their research in order to make the team. It’s disheartening to watch because the talent is there but it’s always apparent that they didn’t research the style and train accordingly. I’ve seen girls “pull” out onto audition floors instead of jazz walking,  buck during freestyle, Death drop during leaps and jumps, and hop their way through a turn sequence. No one should ever be made fun of, it’s not okay. But you also have to be prepared for what you are walking  into. 

dancer39 said:

I feel like alot of Black women do audition coming from majorette backgrounds but they don't make it because the judges really don't get the style, But a girl that was a Pantherette tried out for this years team she did pretty well, she did a death drop and the judges make a Mockery of her.

Jarrett Goer said:

https://youtu.be/vuq-VAiW9kw

Shoutout to LIZZO for this amazing video featuring our dolls! 

Love it!!!

blonde lhazel said:

Yup! Love the whole concept....from the Band Director, Drum Major, Band Members and Dolls all  showcased their personalities. Memories for them forever! 

Glammy08 said:

Love it!!!

blonde lhazel said:

People can say whatever they want about the Dolls but the dolls always pull the top of the ticket! 

Gabby looked absolutely beautiful in the video. I like the story that was being told.

I love this and Gabby looks absolutely adorable!!!! Congrats Dolls!

RSS

© 2020   Created by Marchingsport.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service