Views: 14682

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

That’s good to hear! Yeah, She’ll be fine if she seeks training at high levels to continue growing! Definitely has the makings for a professional dancer. 

Truth_Serum said:

I’ve seen her in ballet classes and training with Jonas, Avery, and in other studios.  She’s very passionate about dance.  She might not post a lot but she definitely trains in other styles.  

Drammy04 said:

Neri played to much into the dramatic slaying, therefore coming across wild. She doesn’t stay in the pocket, which could actually make her transition hard, although yes her technique is strong. She needs to pull back and become more dynamic in her movement.

SN: I’ve never seen her dance outside of the majorette style. I’d love to see her try more commercial dance forms. I feel that accurately tells whether a dancer would succeed in having a career out of college.  

Truth_Serum said:

I’m confused, Taneria has arguably the best technique on the team, between her and 18. Are you guys talking about her interpretation of catch ons because technically she improved each year. We didn’t get to see her field work this year because she was injured but she was a beast on the field and amazing to watch these past four years.

I pretty certain that she will continue dancing after college. I would venture to say, I wouldn’t be surprised if she ended up on a professional cheerleading squad. That training she got from Gold N Bluez was invaluable. Now, as far as Gabby, technically it would be hard for her to transition. She would have to put in work.

the life of a professional dancer is intense! Technique is a must and also body and lines! One single injury can change it all. I hope they all  dance after college!

Has anyone from the SWAC tried-out for and was selected a Dallas Cowboy cheerleader or a Rockette? I think those teams are the ultimate teams to make?

I can’t remember if she was a doll or GnB but I know I saw one at DCC prelims one year. 

Eric said:

Has anyone from the SWAC tried-out for and was selected a Dallas Cowboy cheerleader or a Rockette? I think those teams are the ultimate teams to make?

I wish more black women would audition for those organizations! I would be so cool to see more diversity! 

I remember us having a cheerleader audition - gorgeous girl. 

Glammy08 said:

I can’t remember if she was a doll or GnB but I know I saw one at prelims one year. 

Eric said:

From what I experienced it wasn’t  that black girls didn’t audition, it was more of they were not best prepared for the style. The majorette style is very different from NFL and NBA style and it can sometimes be challenging to transition. I’ve seen many at auditions and they are without a doubt talented dancers but not skilled in that style. 

Jarrett Goer said:

I wish more black women would audition for those organizations! I would be so cool to see more diversity! 

Not at all, just a couple of the oldest and most established. I’d be more interested to know who professionally worked in the entertainment industry. 

*Edit to assure I’m not discounting the work these women put in and the accomplishment of making it. 

Eric said:

Mmmm not necessarily. Our pay was very minimal however we are considered professional dancers. And because of my affiliations I was able to book jobs off the experience alone. It does not always guarantee bookings or choreography jobs (of course you need talent to back it) but it’s often times quite helpful depending on the team. 

Drammy04 said:

Not at all, just a couple of the oldest and most established. I’d be more interested to know who professionally worked, not just on a sports team. In the industry, that isn’t really counted as professionally dancing. You definitely don’t get paid anything to be on a dance team, most actually require you to have a job to even tryout.  Rockettes do, though. They are hired year round and even get benefits. 

Eric said:

Maya Hayes from Jackson State was selected a Dallas Cowboy Cheerleader in 2002

Image result for maYa hayes dallas cowboy cheerleader

http://www.alumnicheerleaders.com/profiles/blogs/maya-hayes-former-...

THANKS FOR THE INFO! there WAS  pv black fox that was also a dcc. I always thought d'tara would have made a good dallas cowboy cheerleader! Your life is made when you become a dallas cowboy cheerleader!

True! The technique required and the style is a HUGE transition for most. Most dancers don’t even get past the brand look cuts. Very clean cut, girl next door. Even now when they have the resource of the TV show to see what they’re looking/going for. 
Glammy08 said:

From what I experienced it wasn’t  that black girls didn’t audition, it was more of they were not best prepared for the style. The majorette style is very different from NFL and NBA style and it can sometimes be challenging to transition. I’ve seen many at auditions and they are without a doubt talented dancers but not skilled in that style. 

Jarrett Goer said:

RSS

© 2020   Created by Marchingsport.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service