Replies

• Never really got a chance to dissect this feature, but here goes:

Choreographically, I thought it was risky and interesting, and I mean both of those things in the best possible way. The crabs and Stamper really owned this, while your more "classic" Dolls (KP, Connor, Maya) just kinda plodded their way through it. Definitely feel good about that as a sign of what's to come.

Individually:

- Stamper murdered from start to finish. It was almost criminal.

- Jacqueline started off SUPER strong (presumably trying to outdance Stamper in the early formations), but fizzled out after the bobble on the kickline. She was almost my favorite of the routine until that point.

- Tailyn looked like a Diva in a Doll uniform. The energy level saved her, but this might be the least amount of Doll form I've seen her exude all season.

- Dani L. Flawless. 'Nuff said. Everything she touches is perfection. She could dance the Cha Cha Slide and make it look like an Ailey piece.

- KP was...... she made it work.

- Maya was totally out of her element but she really fought to pull this off and I can appreciate that. Same for Connor, although I think she shined more on the technical elements and showed more deficiency on everything else.

- For as much Doll form that Jordan lacks, she always manages to sneak her way into that "sweet spot" of not standing out for it too much, but also standing out just enough that she piques your interest. Her technique, however, was a big letdown here.

- Alyx was a pleasant surprise. Much stronger and more confident than any other field showing this season. The tumbling was another unexpected treat. Everything about her screams Doll, and I can't wait until she "polishes the edges" so to speak, because she really has the potential to be an amazing all-around Doll (a la Casey, Jessica Gauthier, Lauren Brumfield).

- Mel was also very impressive here. In the almost 20 times I rewatched, she kept drawing my attention away from the others. Her form wasn't perfect all the way through on this one, but there were some magical moments sprinkled in. There are just little things with her that she misses or cheats or completely botches... nothing too bothersome, but definitely noticeable. Can't tell if it's memory, nerves, or just greenness/inexperience. But her saving grace is her ability to deliver (and SELL) a "smooth" routine, no matter how all over the place she may be.

This is honestly one of my favorite Classic routines in a while. Like NSU said, it was more about defining a new style rather than trying to hang with the legendary and beloved squads that came before them. I'm really curious to know who carried the bulk of task with the choreo here, and I hope they stick around to give us more for Honda and for next season.

• to my understanding, Danielle Stamper created most of that routine. Her style is emulated by those "off the beat,pause, allure" moves, such as 4:33, 5:56, and 5:12 in the video below.

And SU will not be at the Honda BOTB this year, nor will Stamper be at SU when they do go again in 4 years.

K.K. said:

Never really got a chance to dissect this feature, but here goes:

Choreographically, I thought it was risky and interesting, and I mean both of those things in the best possible way. The crabs and Stamper really owned this, while your more "classic" Dolls (KP, Connor, Maya) just kinda plodded their way through it. Definitely feel good about that as a sign of what's to come.

Individually:

- Jacqueline started off SUPER strong (presumably trying to outdance Stamper in the early formations), but fizzled out after the bobble on the kickline. She was almost my favorite of the routine until that point.

- Tailyn looked like a Diva in a Doll uniform. The energy level saved her, but this might be the least amount of Doll form I've seen her exude all season.

- Dani L. Flawless. 'Nuff said. Everything she touches is perfection. She could dance the Cha Cha Slide and make it look like an Ailey piece.

- Maya was totally out of her element but she really fought to pull this off and I can appreciate that. Same for Connor, although I think she shined more on the technical elements and showed more deficiency on everything else.

- For as much Doll form that Jordan lacks, she always manages to sneak her way into that "sweet spot" of not standing out for it too much, but also standing out just enough that she piques your interest. Her technique, however, was a big letdown here.

- Alyx was a pleasant surprise. Much stronger and more confident than any other field showing this season. The tumbling was another unexpected treat. Everything about her screams Doll, and I can't wait until she "polishes the edges" so to speak, because she really has the potential to be an amazing all-around Doll (a la Casey, Jessica Gauthier, Lauren Brumfield).

- Mel was also very impressive here. In the almost 20 times I rewatched, she kept drawing my attention away from the others. Her form wasn't perfect all the way through on this one, but there were some magical moments sprinkled in. There are just little things with her that she misses or cheats or completely botches... nothing too bothersome, but definitely noticeable. Can't tell if it's memory, nerves, or just greenness/inexperience. But her saving grace is her ability to deliver (and SELL) a "smooth" routine, no matter how all over the place she may be.

This is honestly one of my favorite Classic routines in a while. Like NSU said, it was more about defining a new style rather than trying to hang with the legendary and beloved squads that came before them. I'm really curious to know who carried the bulk of task with the choreo here, and I hope they stick around to give us more for Honda and for next season.

• I woke up this morning and heard Adelle's, "HELLO" on the radio-----the SU JUKEBOX VERSION !!!  GEAUX   JUKES

• I do think Jacqueline recovered well from the missed step in the kickline, although it took her a few seconds to get fully back into it. I have noticed her pirouettes aren't quite as polished as they could be, but aside from that I really can't come up with a negative for her. As far as I'm concerned, she could easily venture into that "can do no wrong" territory, for me.

I still don't consider this routine a knockout, choreo-wise (2005, 2010 and 2013 still stand as my favs of the last decade), but I also can't get enough of it style-wise. This was a return-to-form routine it's great to watch. I see this being the style more emphasized on the field with Stamper as captain, and I'm very much good with that. I just need them to step up the choreography to bring it all together.

About 95% in total agreement with the rest of your assessment, though (and 100% agree with you on the other 4 crabs).

KP's strengths have always been in the stands, but her night-and-day progress on the field from her crab year is both noteworthy and commendable. Also, I hate to say it, but Maya's just not a front-row dancer...the entire ending sequence (everything after that short breakdown out of the kick line) was actually my favorite part of the routine but she completely half-assed most of it. Stamper was totally in her element, here, and Linkford and Connor went out with a bang, as far as I'm concerned.

K.K. said:

Individually:

Bayou Classic 2015--------The DOLLS of SU vs. The ORCHESIS of GSU who will win this BATTLE ??? Part…
    Continue...
  • I agree , Alyx is a legendary doll in the making. I'm excited to see how she'll be a next year under Stamper

John said:
    @K.K.: I agree .. Alyx completely shined at the Classic .. I see her being here for the long haul. She's classic Doll. I also think Haymer has his eye on her. He seems to pay attention to the ones some may not notice AS MUCH... Just like he did with KP. The only way some of these crabs don't make it is if a bunch of new girls come in and kick utter ass during tryouts or they don't or can't audition for some reason.
    Bayou Classic 2015--------The DOLLS of SU vs. The ORCHESIS of GSU who will win this BATTLE ??? Part…
    Continue...
  • That damn Jordan Ezell is flawless in the stands and on the field. Them Mobile , Alabama Dolls always come with it.
  • More lies. Lol. This is "mostly" Jonas Choreography.

Jason said:

to my understanding, Danielle Stamper created most of that routine. Her style is emulated by those "off the beat,pause, allure" moves, such as 4:33, 5:56, and 5:12 in the video below.

And SU will not be at the Honda BOTB this year, nor will Stamper be at SU when they do go again in 4 years.

K.K. said:

Individually:

Continue...
  • And guys, let's be honest. Alyx posture is OFF. I HATE The way she sits. When it Comes to dancing, she gets the job done, nothing classic yet.
  • Routine starts at 4:15

Love my Dolls, but Sips tea

• im soooo confused.....lol. why didnt you embed the video correctly?

Whoelsewoulditbe said:

Somebody please use your embedded Skills for this one.. Love my Dolls, but Sips tea

Routine starts at 4:15
    https://youtu.be/bCdpBiQMz3w
    Continue...
This reply was deleted.