Bayou Classic 2015--------The DOLLS of SU vs. The ORCHESIS of GSU who will win this BATTLE ??? Part 2

Continue...

Views: 2633

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Jason, you know what. You're right, I'm wrong but yet I know the truth lol

Jason said:

I asked Stamper, herself. She created MOST of the Choreography. Again, you can easily hit her up on IG, or her Ask.Fm

Whoelsewoulditbe said:

More lies. Lol. This is "mostly" Jonas Choreography.

Jason said:

to my understanding, Danielle Stamper created most of that routine. Her style is emulated by those "off the beat,pause, allure" moves, such as 4:33, 5:56, and 5:12 in the video below.

And SU will not be at the Honda BOTB this year, nor will Stamper be at SU when they do go again in 4 years.

K.K. said:

Never really got a chance to dissect this feature, but here goes:

Choreographically, I thought it was risky and interesting, and I mean both of those things in the best possible way. The crabs and Stamper really owned this, while your more "classic" Dolls (KP, Connor, Maya) just kinda plodded their way through it. Definitely feel good about that as a sign of what's to come.

Individually:

- Stamper murdered from start to finish. It was almost criminal.

- Jacqueline started off SUPER strong (presumably trying to outdance Stamper in the early formations), but fizzled out after the bobble on the kickline. She was almost my favorite of the routine until that point.

- Tailyn looked like a Diva in a Doll uniform. The energy level saved her, but this might be the least amount of Doll form I've seen her exude all season.

- Dani L. Flawless. 'Nuff said. Everything she touches is perfection. She could dance the Cha Cha Slide and make it look like an Ailey piece.

- KP was...... she made it work.

- Maya was totally out of her element but she really fought to pull this off and I can appreciate that. Same for Connor, although I think she shined more on the technical elements and showed more deficiency on everything else.

- For as much Doll form that Jordan lacks, she always manages to sneak her way into that "sweet spot" of not standing out for it too much, but also standing out just enough that she piques your interest. Her technique, however, was a big letdown here.

- Alyx was a pleasant surprise. Much stronger and more confident than any other field showing this season. The tumbling was another unexpected treat. Everything about her screams Doll, and I can't wait until she "polishes the edges" so to speak, because she really has the potential to be an amazing all-around Doll (a la Casey, Jessica Gauthier, Lauren Brumfield).

- Mel was also very impressive here. In the almost 20 times I rewatched, she kept drawing my attention away from the others. Her form wasn't perfect all the way through on this one, but there were some magical moments sprinkled in. There are just little things with her that she misses or cheats or completely botches... nothing too bothersome, but definitely noticeable. Can't tell if it's memory, nerves, or just greenness/inexperience. But her saving grace is her ability to deliver (and SELL) a "smooth" routine, no matter how all over the place she may be.

This is honestly one of my favorite Classic routines in a while. Like NSU said, it was more about defining a new style rather than trying to hang with the legendary and beloved squads that came before them. I'm really curious to know who carried the bulk of task with the choreo here, and I hope they stick around to give us more for Honda and for next season.

Here are my notes:

I really enjoyed the football game.  Wow, can't believe I just typed that, but the football contest itself was on point!  Kudos to both teams.  I was flipping among several big rivalry games AND The Bayou Classic and enjoyed all of them. lol!  Sad to hear the Bayou Classic may be moved to a smaller NBC affiliate for 2016(?).

BotB (Marvin Price Full Battle) in no particular order;

I did not really zone in until Grambling marched in :-/

Liked the ODC march-in ripple at 6:40

Grambling's cymbals are nasteee and the bass drums threw all kinds of shade with their mallets- just sad.

SU's drum major is a motivator 

...Alcorn DMs too (smile)

Grambling's band announcer's beard on fleek

Grambling's song at like 43:30 when they sing in the middle (don't know the name, but I like it).

Grambling's woodwinds should reconsider the circular movement thing with their instruments

Who's the SU Pop Star? (I could have sworn the SU drum major and Connor were laughing during that segment, but they are so good with performance composure that I can't prove any of it).

I liked how the Doll co-captain mixed in the easier  8-counts with the complex ones

Grambling may consider a ladder for the BDs- I couldn't see the dance captain most of the time

Did I say Grambling's cymbals are nastee? 

Connor may wish to consider tighter (or not as soft) curls for comfort

That last Doll's count on "Nobody's Supposed to Be Here,"  Oooo Weee!  lol!

GSU "679," YES!!

Love, love, love, The ODC's chair routines!!!

GSU looked best in their casual wear.  Orange sneakers were awesome.

BotB "W" to Grambling

Classic Day (in no particular order)

GSU march in- I like AAMU's Estelle "American Boy" better but y'all sounded good

Can't quite get settled on GSU's white shoes.  The orange sneakers from the BotB are more of the idea. Grambling, your band uniforms, though, are actually some of the best looking in the nation in my opinion. 

ODC Fish nets!!  Yes!!

GSU silver saxophones- neat!

Halftime

ODC had a great routine, but could have performed with 7 dancers.

My favorite parasol design from the Dolls in a while and liked the routine.

K. Morgan did that intro!

Both bands had excellent dance routines- Grambling's was quite impressive, but SU entertained the crowd (and I do need a transcript and translation of the hype-up)  

Bayou Halftime "W" to SU

I liked both dance teams' uniforms for different reasons and I was glad the Dolls took pictures in their character shoes and marched out in them.

Right! Right! lol. haha.
Just like how the captain and co-captain get suspended for something as little as not getting clearance on a uniform from the band directors, yet those same band directors leave it to the captain to pick who is gonna be next year's captain without their approval or input? lmao.

Naw, but they keep Jonas at arms length tho. But he is a major supporter for the Dolls, and is there for whatever they may need. He is great at his job!

Whoelsewoulditbe said:

Jason said:

I asked Stamper, herself. She created MOST of the Choreography. Again, you can easily hit her up on IG, or her Ask.Fm

Whoelsewoulditbe said:

Jason said:

to my understanding, Danielle Stamper created most of that routine. Her style is emulated by those "off the beat,pause, allure" moves, such as 4:33, 5:56, and 5:12 in the video below.

And SU will not be at the Honda BOTB this year, nor will Stamper be at SU when they do go again in 4 years.

K.K. said:

Choreographically, I thought it was risky and interesting, and I mean both of those things in the best possible way. The crabs and Stamper really owned this, while your more "classic" Dolls (KP, Connor, Maya) just kinda plodded their way through it. Definitely feel good about that as a sign of what's to come.

Individually:

- Jacqueline started off SUPER strong (presumably trying to outdance Stamper in the early formations), but fizzled out after the bobble on the kickline. She was almost my favorite of the routine until that point.

- Tailyn looked like a Diva in a Doll uniform. The energy level saved her, but this might be the least amount of Doll form I've seen her exude all season.

- Dani L. Flawless. 'Nuff said. Everything she touches is perfection. She could dance the Cha Cha Slide and make it look like an Ailey piece.

- Maya was totally out of her element but she really fought to pull this off and I can appreciate that. Same for Connor, although I think she shined more on the technical elements and showed more deficiency on everything else.

- For as much Doll form that Jordan lacks, she always manages to sneak her way into that "sweet spot" of not standing out for it too much, but also standing out just enough that she piques your interest. Her technique, however, was a big letdown here.

- Alyx was a pleasant surprise. Much stronger and more confident than any other field showing this season. The tumbling was another unexpected treat. Everything about her screams Doll, and I can't wait until she "polishes the edges" so to speak, because she really has the potential to be an amazing all-around Doll (a la Casey, Jessica Gauthier, Lauren Brumfield).

- Mel was also very impressive here. In the almost 20 times I rewatched, she kept drawing my attention away from the others. Her form wasn't perfect all the way through on this one, but there were some magical moments sprinkled in. There are just little things with her that she misses or cheats or completely botches... nothing too bothersome, but definitely noticeable. Can't tell if it's memory, nerves, or just greenness/inexperience. But her saving grace is her ability to deliver (and SELL) a "smooth" routine, no matter how all over the place she may be.

This is honestly one of my favorite Classic routines in a while. Like NSU said, it was more about defining a new style rather than trying to hang with the legendary and beloved squads that came before them. I'm really curious to know who carried the bulk of task with the choreo here, and I hope they stick around to give us more for Honda and for next season.

@Crimsonseeker GREAT ANALOGY! 

Thanks, Book!!
Awww Connor we gone miss u girl!!

Awesome assessment K.K... Your viewpoints read from a artistic-performance evaluation/perspective, and that not of a (crazed) fan... Shows that you pay very close attention to performance details, with being unbias.

K.K. said:

Individually:

The BC moved from NBC, to the NBC sports network.this year . Nothing major...

The overall choreography of this particular routine was quite exciting... It definitely demanded a more firm and solid expression of movement, with as to the arrangement of the song played by the Jukebox... I am adoring how the right leg extension is becoming a signature move within a number of Doll routines... The ripple combination within the routine was dynamic and set for a very appealing visual.

This routine seemed to be performed a bit more precise, than the routine performed for SU's homecoming, but that routine itself the Dolls did slay in the rain, on its 2nd appearance ... Both routines seemed to embody the same rhythmic patterns, and speed; but the transitions of this feature displayed much smoother... I loved the ending movement of the double retire' turns, into the echappe' leap , into the ending position poise... Very strong ending.

Haymer asked and gave his approval/input for Kayla P. to serve as Doll captain for the 2014-15 performance seasons, most likely with the blessings of April... Kayla P. mentioned the director(s) influence, herself, in an interview (at 5.09), in the link provided below.

https://youtu.be/4MwczIQxAEU

Jason said:

Right! Right! lol. haha.
Just like how the captain and co-captain get suspended for something as little as not getting clearance on a uniform from the band directors, yet those same band directors leave it to the captain to pick who is gonna be next year's captain without their approval or input? lmao.

Naw, but they keep Jonas at arms length tho. But he is a major supporter for the Dolls, and is there for whatever they may need. He is great at his job!

Whoelsewoulditbe said:

Jason said:

Whoelsewoulditbe said:

Jason said:

K.K. said:

Individually:

You didn't see Whoelsewoulditbe's post in the other thread, did you? Jason was alluding to something else. I don't think there's any reason to revisit it because it's counter-productive. Kayla has completed all her rips, and how she was chosen captain doesn't matter anymore because she's served her tenure. All that matters is, if the band director didn't want her to be captain, then she wouldn't have been captain. 

DeJohn Tellis-Oliver said:

Haymer asked and gave his approval/input for Kayla P. to serve as Doll captain for the 2014-15 performance seasons, most likely with the blessings of April... Kayla P. mentioned the director(s) influence, herself, in an interview (at 5.09), in the link provided below.

https://youtu.be/4MwczIQxAEU

Jason said:

Right! Right! lol. haha.

Whoelsewoulditbe said:

Jason said:

Whoelsewoulditbe said:

Jason said:

K.K. said:

Individually:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2020   Created by Marchingsport.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service