Bayou Classic 2015--------The DOLLS of SU vs. The ORCHESIS of GSU who will win this BATTLE ??? Part 2

Continue...

Views: 2633

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks P.H., I did not see the previous post in regards to that statement, for I already by-passed and closed out my concern(s) to that particular thread... I agree, you are correct.

P.H. said:

You didn't see Whoelsewoulditbe's post in the other thread, did you? Jason was alluding to something else. I don't think there's any reason to revisit it because it's counter-productive. Kayla has completed all her rips, and how she was chosen captain doesn't matter anymore because she's served her tenure. All that matters is, if the band director didn't want her to be captain, then she wouldn't have been captain. 

DeJohn Tellis-Oliver said:

Haymer asked and gave his approval/input for Kayla P. to serve as Doll captain for the 2014-15 performance seasons, most likely with the blessings of April... Kayla P. mentioned the director(s) influence, herself, in an interview (at 5.09), in the link provided below.

https://youtu.be/4MwczIQxAEU

Jason said:

Right! Right! lol. haha.
Just like how the captain and co-captain get suspended for something as little as not getting clearance on a uniform from the band directors, yet those same band directors leave it to the captain to pick who is gonna be next year's captain without their approval or input? lmao.

Naw, but they keep Jonas at arms length tho. But he is a major supporter for the Dolls, and is there for whatever they may need. He is great at his job!

Whoelsewoulditbe said:

Jason, you know what. You're right, I'm wrong but yet I know the truth lol

Jason said:

I asked Stamper, herself. She created MOST of the Choreography. Again, you can easily hit her up on IG, or her Ask.Fm

Whoelsewoulditbe said:

More lies. Lol. This is "mostly" Jonas Choreography.

Jason said:

to my understanding, Danielle Stamper created most of that routine. Her style is emulated by those "off the beat,pause, allure" moves, such as 4:33, 5:56, and 5:12 in the video below.

And SU will not be at the Honda BOTB this year, nor will Stamper be at SU when they do go again in 4 years.

K.K. said:

Never really got a chance to dissect this feature, but here goes:

Choreographically, I thought it was risky and interesting, and I mean both of those things in the best possible way. The crabs and Stamper really owned this, while your more "classic" Dolls (KP, Connor, Maya) just kinda plodded their way through it. Definitely feel good about that as a sign of what's to come.

Individually:

- Stamper murdered from start to finish. It was almost criminal.

- Jacqueline started off SUPER strong (presumably trying to outdance Stamper in the early formations), but fizzled out after the bobble on the kickline. She was almost my favorite of the routine until that point.

- Tailyn looked like a Diva in a Doll uniform. The energy level saved her, but this might be the least amount of Doll form I've seen her exude all season.

- Dani L. Flawless. 'Nuff said. Everything she touches is perfection. She could dance the Cha Cha Slide and make it look like an Ailey piece.

- KP was...... she made it work.

- Maya was totally out of her element but she really fought to pull this off and I can appreciate that. Same for Connor, although I think she shined more on the technical elements and showed more deficiency on everything else.

- For as much Doll form that Jordan lacks, she always manages to sneak her way into that "sweet spot" of not standing out for it too much, but also standing out just enough that she piques your interest. Her technique, however, was a big letdown here.

- Alyx was a pleasant surprise. Much stronger and more confident than any other field showing this season. The tumbling was another unexpected treat. Everything about her screams Doll, and I can't wait until she "polishes the edges" so to speak, because she really has the potential to be an amazing all-around Doll (a la Casey, Jessica Gauthier, Lauren Brumfield).

- Mel was also very impressive here. In the almost 20 times I rewatched, she kept drawing my attention away from the others. Her form wasn't perfect all the way through on this one, but there were some magical moments sprinkled in. There are just little things with her that she misses or cheats or completely botches... nothing too bothersome, but definitely noticeable. Can't tell if it's memory, nerves, or just greenness/inexperience. But her saving grace is her ability to deliver (and SELL) a "smooth" routine, no matter how all over the place she may be.

This is honestly one of my favorite Classic routines in a while. Like NSU said, it was more about defining a new style rather than trying to hang with the legendary and beloved squads that came before them. I'm really curious to know who carried the bulk of task with the choreo here, and I hope they stick around to give us more for Honda and for next season.

Thank you for not interpreting any of that as an undercut to you! I was taking April completely out of the equation. 

Thanks P.H., I did not see the previous post in regards to that statement, for I had already by-passed that particular thread... I agree, you are correct.

P.H. said:

You didn't see Whoelsewoulditbe's post in the other thread, did you? Jason was alluding to something else. I don't think there's any reason to revisit it because it's counter-productive. Kayla has completed all her rips, and how she was chosen captain doesn't matter anymore because she's served her tenure. All that matters is, if the band director didn't want her to be captain, then she wouldn't have been captain. 

Haymer asked and gave his approval/input for Kayla P. to serve as Doll captain for the 2014-15 performance seasons, most likely with the blessings of April... Kayla P. mentioned the director(s) influence, herself, in an interview (at 5.09), in the link provided below.

Jason said:

Right! Right! lol. haha.
Just like how the captain and co-captain get suspended for something as little as not getting clearance on a uniform from the band directors, yet those same band directors leave it to the captain to pick who is gonna be next year's captain without their approval or input? lmao.

Naw, but they keep Jonas at arms length tho. But he is a major supporter for the Dolls, and is there for whatever they may need. He is great at his job!

Whoelsewoulditbe said:

Jason said:

I asked Stamper, herself. She created MOST of the Choreography. Again, you can easily hit her up on IG, or her Ask.Fm

Whoelsewoulditbe said:

Jason said:

to my understanding, Danielle Stamper created most of that routine. Her style is emulated by those "off the beat,pause, allure" moves, such as 4:33, 5:56, and 5:12 in the video below.

And SU will not be at the Honda BOTB this year, nor will Stamper be at SU when they do go again in 4 years.

K.K. said:

Choreographically, I thought it was risky and interesting, and I mean both of those things in the best possible way. The crabs and Stamper really owned this, while your more "classic" Dolls (KP, Connor, Maya) just kinda plodded their way through it. Definitely feel good about that as a sign of what's to come.

Individually:

- Jacqueline started off SUPER strong (presumably trying to outdance Stamper in the early formations), but fizzled out after the bobble on the kickline. She was almost my favorite of the routine until that point.

- Tailyn looked like a Diva in a Doll uniform. The energy level saved her, but this might be the least amount of Doll form I've seen her exude all season.

- Dani L. Flawless. 'Nuff said. Everything she touches is perfection. She could dance the Cha Cha Slide and make it look like an Ailey piece.

- Maya was totally out of her element but she really fought to pull this off and I can appreciate that. Same for Connor, although I think she shined more on the technical elements and showed more deficiency on everything else.

- For as much Doll form that Jordan lacks, she always manages to sneak her way into that "sweet spot" of not standing out for it too much, but also standing out just enough that she piques your interest. Her technique, however, was a big letdown here.

- Alyx was a pleasant surprise. Much stronger and more confident than any other field showing this season. The tumbling was another unexpected treat. Everything about her screams Doll, and I can't wait until she "polishes the edges" so to speak, because she really has the potential to be an amazing all-around Doll (a la Casey, Jessica Gauthier, Lauren Brumfield).

- Mel was also very impressive here. In the almost 20 times I rewatched, she kept drawing my attention away from the others. Her form wasn't perfect all the way through on this one, but there were some magical moments sprinkled in. There are just little things with her that she misses or cheats or completely botches... nothing too bothersome, but definitely noticeable. Can't tell if it's memory, nerves, or just greenness/inexperience. But her saving grace is her ability to deliver (and SELL) a "smooth" routine, no matter how all over the place she may be.

This is honestly one of my favorite Classic routines in a while. Like NSU said, it was more about defining a new style rather than trying to hang with the legendary and beloved squads that came before them. I'm really curious to know who carried the bulk of task with the choreo here, and I hope they stick around to give us more for Honda and for next season.

Lol... O no, P.H. not the interpretation at all... You made it a point to inform me, not to undercut, to state that my statement and/or any one else's statement/comment is wrong, based upon how you personally feel... I understood and respect your feedback on the matter.

P.H. said:

Thank you for not interpreting any of that as an undercut to you! I was taking April completely out of the equation. 

Thanks P.H., I did not see the previous post in regards to that statement, for I had already by-passed that particular thread... I agree, you are correct.

P.H. said:

Jason said:

Right! Right! lol. haha.

Whoelsewoulditbe said:

Jason said:

Whoelsewoulditbe said:

Jason said:

K.K. said:

Individually:

Awwwwww Forever Doll Chauncey with now Forever Dolls Dannie and KP

SMH

Jason said:

Right! Right! lol. haha.

Whoelsewoulditbe said:

Jason said:

Whoelsewoulditbe said:

Jason said:

K.K. said:

Individually:

Word was the last NBC BC contract term was through 2015. I have not read about a new contract.

I can't wait till the spring 2016, to witness the probate show of beta psi and alpha tau new pledges !!!

yea. alot of people are gonna be shocked at who is pledging, and what! lol

honrae rokermore said:

I can't wait till the spring 2016, to witness the probate show of beta psi and alpha tau new pledges !!!

Geaux JaSON !!!   I CAN'T wait TO SEE YOU ON THAT DELTA LINE !!!

DT FRANKS and COCO from SWV can pass for SISTER'S----don't you think ????

Please go take your meds Honrae. Please

honrae rokermore said:

Geaux JaSON !!!   I CAN'T wait TO SEE YOU ON THAT DELTA LINE !!!

For those who didn't know, Chauncey and Dannie are biological sisters.....

Dee Roberts said:

Awwwwww Forever Doll Chauncey with now Forever Dolls Dannie and KP

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2020   Created by Marchingsport.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service