OK, this season is almost over, but it was a standard HBCU Band year for no one in my opinion.

i can not blam most teams on their productions because as a whole, the bands didn’t step up to the plate this year, NOT one especially our BELOVED SWAC. Let’s pray that it’s just a down year and no a transition.

NOW, for the dancers.. There’s some things that seems to be going unnoticed.

  1. 1.SWACDANCERS IG. This page is a blessing and a curse for some. There are literally teams(members) fighting for the attention to be posted on said page. At one point, the owner of the page looked for the vids, now he have fan pages, dancer, and  troupe pages  tagging/ mentioning this particular page to get posted. Is it for exposure or what ?
  2. TV show “Bring It” cast members/ supporting cast and fans are definitely invading the HBCU dance world. Good thing or bad thing? I’m more on the bad side with this one, more so with the fans. U know for sure i don’t wanna see death drops, V layouts, 30 ripples, excessive hair swinging, over the top energy displayed like on the show sneaking into the styles of these teams. No knock yo the schow.  Now the show has given us 7+ dancers this year with some adapting well to their respective team style, but some are just ... I’ll be nice. But I’m glad to see these young ladies continuing on with their dancing at HBCU. 2 at SU, 2 at JSU, 1 at Spellman, 2  AT MVSU, 1 at TXSU, 1 at Grambling.
  3. My complaints that i literally HATE this season. -Alcorn tail entrance for homecoming, please don’t ever try that again. Unladylike.... PV Tail, there’s a thing of somewhat overdoing it. The Heel stretch in the stand is VERY community squad and high schoolish. (Please don’t compare that to the Dolls leg extension)... Essence at Grambling, lord. her motive is to stick out and out dance the whole Duda and it looks bad. She loses form and control trying to go viral on IG. TXSU Motion, Same thing, fighting to get notice by TRYING TO PULL off advance technique when the squad isn’t capable. 

Views: 5407

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

There’s more that can be added, add on to it. I don’t wanna see a campaign in the near future to save our HBCU dance lines because of these similar problems not being acknowledged.

PSA, we should be giving Kayla some support because baby girl is trying her best to produce a production at Spellman with little to no knowledge of collegiate dance line experience. I hate that she was given the title of Captain, choreographer, and coordinator all in her first year with no experience, keep it up and keep pushing forward 

Oh Girl.... these are SWAC problems.. My girls " GOLDEN DELIGHT" Straight killed this season!!!  

 

What’s this advanced technique you speak of

It honestly wasn’t that bad to me lol. Dolls fieldshows were amazing this year, Jsettes were amazing. Stings...ummm ok... Golden Girls didn’t really watch them that much this season but I did see that tail action for homecoming and ummm just no.. They clearly don’t care what we think cause Alcorn people liked it...I mean it really doesn’t matter if we like them or not but Community squads, as well as DD4L girls are gonna wanna try out for swac teams I don’t see it as a bad thing. I def don’t see anyone changing their styles to mimic these community/ tv squads. I honestly like the fact that the girls are wanting to go to HBCU’s and they are adapting to the styles quite well. Everyone just seemed to do them this year. None of the bands wowed me at all... I mean none!! Southern was powerful huge southern! Jackson did them.. Everybody else just fell into place. It wasn’t a bad season but it wasn’t a good one I just think everyone was underwhelmed squads either did them and some squads just did the absolute most *cough* Motion... But anywho... didn’t watch any meac squads nor did I care to.. But it wasn’t a bad season honestly. 

  • Shit Motion know they can not Do as a whole

    Dee Scott said:

What’s this advanced technique you speak of

NO ONE NOTICED

Haymer's chicken salad recipe! said:

Oh Girl.... these are SWAC problems.. My girls " GOLDEN DELIGHT" Straight killed this season!!!  

 

Girl Ok!! Be trying to throw them girls on us! Baby nobody in the swac watch them or that band take that to a meac post please!

Whoelsewoulditbe said:

NO ONE NOTICED

Haymer's chicken salad recipe! said:

Oh Girl.... these are SWAC problems.. My girls " GOLDEN DELIGHT" Straight killed this season!!!  

 

Well, I wouldn't say "nobody" lol, some of yall are watching... But yall can have this thread... Cause  we have standard,  yall have struggles.


louisianaboi08 said:

Girl Ok!! Be trying to throw them girls on us! Baby nobody in the swac watch them or that band take that to a meac post please!

Whoelsewoulditbe said:

NO ONE NOTICED

Haymer's chicken salad recipe! said:

Oh Girl.... these are SWAC problems.. My girls " GOLDEN DELIGHT" Straight killed this season!!!  

 

Lol.   Lmao..  I’m glad somebody said it!  Lmao

Whoelsewoulditbe said:

NO ONE NOTICED

Haymer's chicken salad recipe! said:

Oh Girl.... these are SWAC problems.. My girls " GOLDEN DELIGHT" Straight killed this season!!!  

 

... .. lmaooooo.. . Priceless... But since this is a SWAC thread... The J-settes & Divas have been the only squads this year that have been consistent & not had 400 posts to keep them relevant! 
Haymer's chicken salad recipe! said:

Well, I wouldn't say "nobody" lol, some of yall are watching... But yall can have this thread... Cause  we have standard,  yall have struggles.


louisianaboi08 said:

Girl Ok!! Be trying to throw them girls on us! Baby nobody in the swac watch them or that band take that to a meac post please!

Whoelsewoulditbe said:

NO ONE NOTICED

Haymer's chicken salad recipe! said:

Oh Girl.... these are SWAC problems.. My girls " GOLDEN DELIGHT" Straight killed this season!!!  

 

Back to the topic at hand. I personally think the popularity of the tv show and Social media has been a blessing to HBCUs. The band and dancelines are big recruitment tool for a lot these schools. HBCU enrollment is on a rise, they are getting popular again.

I am a little over the failed attempts at trying to go viral. I’ve seen chairs on the football field, an amateurish contemporary piece on domestic violence, acrobatics /stunts that went awry. I love the fact that some squads focused more on actual choreography that made sense versus forcing wow moments and trying to incorporate technique that they don’t have.

The girls from the show are strong and versatile dancers. Janae is outstanding, Cameron and Kaylon did amazing, and Makayla looked great this season. Kudos to all of them for putting them in work and successfully transitioning into their respective college squads!

Yea Jsettes been consistent... Don’t really watch the other girls you named but anywho.. Yea chile the main ones that everybody mimic and remix their 8 counts will always be consistent along with both bands who have a rich tradition and whose dancelines set the trends.. 50 years vs 20 years get into it you do the math on whose consistent.

SBA said:

... .. lmaooooo.. . Priceless... But since this is a SWAC thread... The J-settes & Divas have been the only squads this year that have been consistent & not had 400 posts to keep them relevant! 
Haymer's chicken salad recipe! said:

Well, I wouldn't say "nobody" lol, some of yall are watching... But yall can have this thread... Cause  we have standard,  yall have struggles.


louisianaboi08 said:

Girl Ok!! Be trying to throw them girls on us! Baby nobody in the swac watch them or that band take that to a meac post please!

Whoelsewoulditbe said:

NO ONE NOTICED

Haymer's chicken salad recipe! said:

Oh Girl.... these are SWAC problems.. My girls " GOLDEN DELIGHT" Straight killed this season!!!  

 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2018   Created by Marchingsport.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service