Replies

• don't worry about volume....

work on tone, with good tone comes good sound and good volume.....

or if you want the coonish easy way out, puff out your cheeks hold your horn at a 90 degree angle before you play a note then yank it down as you BLOWWWWW....somehow it makes the notes louder than all get out...

-_____-

• Peadle tones....anything that makes u breath deeper. Even jogging n pushups help!
    • how the fuck can pushups make you louder?

• you know he might actually try it right?
    TBoneSuave said:

don't worry about volume....

or if you want the coonish easy way out, puff out your cheeks hold your horn at a 90 degree angle before you play a note then yank it down as you BLOWWWWW....somehow it makes the notes louder than all get out...

-_____-

can anyone give me tips on how to be louder on trumpet
    im a cymbal player but im moving 2 trumpet
  • heh heh,,,,

Orange And Green said:

you know he might actually try it right?
    TBoneSuave said:

don't worry about volume....

-_____-

can anyone give me tips on how to be louder on trumpet
    im a cymbal player but im moving 2 trumpet
  • no i know not 2 puff my cheeks
  • Yeah Pedal Tones and lip slurs.

And definitely work on tone. A good sound will always carry farther than volume.
  • Power should be the last thing you need to worry having especially if your just starting of off on trumpet...... but some things that will help with volume are crunches( strengthens your diaphragm) and Pedal Tones. However, your first objective should be getting your tone right and Long Tones/Lip Slurs will definitely help with that. The rest will come.......
  • sit ups and long tones
  • The other posters pretty much said it.  You have to train those muscles to do what you want them to do, just like any physical activity.

And jerking the horn up/down and left/right does nothing.

This reply was deleted.