man yall have been mighty quiet.........

Views: 1329

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

SU put out the most interesting songs as usual! Side note I really enjoyed JSU new sound and direction SU and JSU once again 1 and 2! Sorry to see TXSU go down as well, I was expecting big things from them since 2011 showing.

imo su,alcorn,jsu,bama st had the best books, but uapb and gsu had some good classics while playing each other. But what else is there to play? Bands can pull out a bookof 90's r&b classics an get best book but who will step out the box with other songs that make you say damn but if thats done you get called out for bad selectio

Marching Season 2012: 

Southern, blah, blah, blah, Southern, blah, blah, Stingettes, blah, blah, blah, Southern, blah, Dolls, blah, blah, blah, Golden Delight, blah, blah, blah....

That about sums it up.

LOL.. trufe...

crimsonseeker said:

Marching Season 2012: 

Southern, blah, blah, blah, Southern, blah, blah, Stingettes, blah, blah, blah, Southern, blah, Dolls, blah, blah, blah, Golden Delight, blah, blah, blah....

That about sums it up.

JSU = new sound, better shows year 

SU = SU, seems like something is missing but idk what so whatever.

UAPB = clean, kind pf passive, sounded good

ASU = big for no reason

TxSU = in bounce back mode, good band though

MVSU = EH

ALCORN = EH

GSU = good sound, boring though

AAMU = good sound, needs more of a punch

PV = small, a little corny, next year is sure to be better

The year wasn't as exciting, but it allowed for each program to get a good idea of the direction each other program is moving in. Some bands are locked into their ways, some are making changes for the future, and some are returning to past methods of operation. Fall 2013 should be interesting. Honda will be nice too. Oh, and the OTHER conferences were active too. haha

SU- Obviously was took the crown (would have love to hear you guys play (You Give Good Love more this year)

Alabama State- Boy if you all can take those numbers and refine that sound and clean up and stop sounding like you are excited to be big you boyz could go to a whole other level (no bashing intended)

Grambling- Improving you guys were very boring at the TSU-GSU game and so was my alma mater. But you guys are improving.

Jackson State- Great Sound Im sorry but I was a fan of the JSU 2010-2011. You guys seem less aggressive this year but still great season

Arkansas Pine-Bluff - Didn,t see you guys this year

Alcorn- Honorable Mention you guys to were the most improved band this year hands down great job.

MSVU- didn't see you guys

Alabama A&M- did not see you guys this year.

PV- The jury is still out on the direction of your program. Lack luster performance at LBD classic I see points of improvment especially in song library. You guys are playing more songs. Still Im just a fan of the Prof. Edwards/ and Phillips days. So I'm a little bias on what I have seen.

TSU- The hazing incident derailed a year full of potential. But as always my schools always find a way to bounce back. I truly believe that this was a cleansing process for the band and athlectic program. To start a new and fresh understanding the consequences for previous actions. Im glad both of these things were reported at the same time. So take the hit for and regroup and move on to rebounding.

A competitive SWAC band wise does wonders for all our schools because people will come to games to see each battle it out. Also we all are the biggest recruiting programs for our entire universities.

Looking forward to 2013 season

real shit

DA REALIST T-CONN #4 2010 said:

2012 was easily the worst year in the SWAC......ever....

I agree.. I was a fan of the more ignorant Boom lol.. but hey they tryin turn it up again

Leno said:

SU- Obviously was took the crown (would have love to hear you guys play (You Give Good Love more this year)

Alabama State- Boy if you all can take those numbers and refine that sound and clean up and stop sounding like you are excited to be big you boyz could go to a whole other level (no bashing intended)

Grambling- Improving you guys were very boring at the TSU-GSU game and so was my alma mater. But you guys are improving.

Jackson State- Great Sound Im sorry but I was a fan of the JSU 2010-2011. You guys seem less aggressive this year but still great season

Arkansas Pine-Bluff - Didn,t see you guys this year

Alcorn- Honorable Mention you guys to were the most improved band this year hands down great job.

MSVU- didn't see you guys

Alabama A&M- did not see you guys this year.

PV- The jury is still out on the direction of your program. Lack luster performance at LBD classic I see points of improvment especially in song library. You guys are playing more songs. Still Im just a fan of the Prof. Edwards/ and Phillips days. So I'm a little bias on what I have seen.

TSU- The hazing incident derailed a year full of potential. But as always my schools always find a way to bounce back. I truly believe that this was a cleansing process for the band and athlectic program. To start a new and fresh understanding the consequences for previous actions. Im glad both of these things were reported at the same time. So take the hit for and regroup and move on to rebounding.

A competitive SWAC band wise does wonders for all our schools because people will come to games to see each battle it out. Also we all are the biggest recruiting programs for our entire universities.

Looking forward to 2013 season

This was a very interesting season for the SWAC.. There were some highs, and lows (as to be expected)... Unfortunately the media is a bit of a double edge sword, so you have to be very cautious in the decisions that you make, seeing that your mistakes may end up on this site (for everyone in the band world to see), possibly make local/national news coverage, and/or cost you your college career... Continue to make improvements, and be smart while doing so.. Nxt year will be better even better.. 

Throughout the season I've been seeing people say that they miss the Prof Ed and Phillips era..... Indeed, We all miss that era (Storm family), and I must say even though things have changed, and will continue to change, his legacy will "forever" be with the Storm... No one can erase 30 yrs of greatness... The Storm is doing what he would have them do... Which is "Move forward"... Therefore, I believe that it is safe to say that this was more of a "restart" year for the Storm. This was a chance for the new band staff to get to know the students/program (vice versa), clean house, and experiment with tunes/styling... Dr. Z, and his staff are all on a collective mission to have a phenomenal program (not just marching band), so therefore ----> PVAMU will do nothing but get better from this point forward... 

God Speed!

#agreed , fck what everyone else is talkin bout... ND YES I'm bitter! Smh... 2013 hopefully will erase this non existence Year that took place in the SWAC . #WOOOOOOSH
DA REALIST T-CONN #4 2010 said:

2012 was easily the worst year in the SWAC......ever....

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2014   Created by Marchingsport.com.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service