So this week is the "boombox" classic.  What are you all's thoughts on this matchup?  The dolls are starting to grow on me.  I'm really feeling them in the stands.  The j-settes...idk. I think with the 5 or 6 girls they currently have, they look good but I'm really hoping to get some of the other girls back.  And if they do come with the sinister 6, I just hope they have a dope a$$ routine with a bomb a$$ uniform. 

Views: 25449

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

And guess Ms ERICA aka Eric? WE DID AT THE SAME TIME THAT I WHOOPED YOUR ASS UP AND DOWN I-10 !!!

Really? Enjoy, while you can, because Grambling is going to spank that azz, band and football team! smiliepopcorn:beer:

honrae rokermore said:

And guess Ms ERICA aka Eric? WE DID AT THE SAME TIME THAT I WHOOPED YOUR ASS UP AND DOWN I-10 !!!

that field routine just stressed me tf out. I need my inhaler. 

The black foxes was the first thing that came to mind when I saw that uniform. I like it, but I’m not really moved by it.

Peachyp said:

It was a nice game but I was freezing my tail off!

Stands were clearly the jsettes. The reverse counts and back to back counts were a breath of fresh air. Kayla is a stand captain, I was never a fan and that field routine was very telling. The jsettes should be under new leadership, preferably a lates 90’s early 2000’s jsette.

The dolls uniform without the cape was okay, it looked like a uniform the black foxes would wear. But Micah was on fire this weekend in the stands, but the field was blah. Micah looked like she could be somewhere else.  Gabby looked regal as ever.

I’m just waiting to see if another squad is gonna try reverse counts now 

LOL whew chile!! 

The stands were fine from the Dolls but very much felt like throwaway. No new counts, no stand routines, nothing really outta the ordinary (on top of the general issue of today's Dolls largely being too rough around the edges in their execution). There was the nice touch with the uniforms, sure (and even with that, there were some slight issues). But if you take that away, this was just another week. As per usual, they aren't rising to the occasion and it feels like they're just going through the motions. They're just...there.

Also? I don't know what's happening behind the scenes, but it just feels extremely apparent in how the Dolls are presented, week after week, that there's complete lack of care and investment in the Dancing Dolls from the Human Jukebox leadership. And it's a shame because I do think the women, themselves, are very talented.

I think maybe since many of them are graduating soon, or close to graduation they are just ready for this all tobbe over with.

I havent even been feeling my girl Gabby these past few weeks, and even seen her get slightly annoyed for the first time over the weekend in the stands, and Im guessing its because she and the rest are just ready to move on.

If Im not mistaken, even KP said she was ready for the season to be over with her last year. Im guessing they get to a point where they are over it and it is showing with the Dolls imo.

nsuking2005 said:

The stands were fine from the Dolls but very much felt like throwaway. No new counts, no stand routines, nothing really outta the ordinary (on top of the general issue of today's Dolls largely being too rough around the edges in their execution). There was the nice touch with the uniforms, sure (and even with that, there were some slight issues). But if you take that away, this was just another week. As per usual, they aren't rising to the occasion and it feels like they're just going through the motions. They're just...there.

Also? I don't know what's happening behind the scenes, but it just feels extremely apparent in how the Dolls are presented, week after week, that there's complete lack of care and investment in the Dancing Dolls from the Human Jukebox leadership. And it's a shame because I do think the women, themselves, are very talented.

I must say, with all of the drama going on with many of the SWAC teams I’m quite proud of the dolls for staying out of the foolishness. Regardless of the differing opinions about this year they’ve remained cohesive and have presented a united front. The friendships seem genuine and the love seems real. I’m proud of them. 

This is why the Dolls have the tryout protocols they follow.  On the outside looking in, it seems very politically charged, but you can’t just place someone on a team based on talent alone.  As sickening talented as she is, she never was a good fit fit for the Dolls and this behavior shows why.  The band and auxiliary at HBCUs are the biggest brand ambassadors and drama like what is being displayed can hurt the school itself.  Say what you want about Southern/Jukebox/Dolls, they know how to keep their nose clean for the most part and they understand the importance of branding an marketing.  Everyone who is talented isn’t necessarily good for a brand. 

Glammy08 said:

I must say, with all of the drama going on with many of the SWAC teams I’m quite proud of the dolls for staying out of the foolishness. Regardless of the differing opinions about this year they’ve remained cohesive and have presented a united front. The friendships seem genuine and the love seems real. I’m proud of them. 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2020   Created by Marchingsport.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service