So this week is the "boombox" classic.  What are you all's thoughts on this matchup?  The dolls are starting to grow on me.  I'm really feeling them in the stands.  The j-settes...idk. I think with the 5 or 6 girls they currently have, they look good but I'm really hoping to get some of the other girls back.  And if they do come with the sinister 6, I just hope they have a dope a$$ routine with a bomb a$$ uniform. 

Views: 25466

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Whew I finally see what y’all been saying about some of these DD4L fans. One of the FB groups are in an uproar about Cam not giving Doll in the stands and rooting for her to be captain next year. I can’t!

Lolol imma need them to let my girls Jada and Kaylon have their shine. They more than deserve it and so do us fans. 

MiamiVice92 said:

Whew I finally see what y’all been saying about some of these DD4L fans. One of the FB groups are in an uproar about Cam not giving Doll in the stands and rooting for her to be captain next year. I can’t!

RIGHT? Our girls have been so good with next to ZERO issue since their crab year (Kaylon being absent during parade season don’t really count!) Let them have their moment to shine!

Glammy08 said:

Lolol imma need them to let my girls Jada and Kaylon have their shine. They more than deserve it and so do us fans. 

MiamiVice92 said:

I absolutely 100% agree with everything you have said.  I went to the Homecoming game and was dumbfounded by the amount of makeup and OBVIOUSLY wig "hair" displayed by most of the late 2000's Dolls.  I honestly couldn't tell who was who with the current Dolls as they are so tiny and heavily made up.  The lashes looked like fingers sticking out from their faces. It took away from their natural beauty and those who weren't so cosmetically lucky looked like drag queens.  What was most ironic was that the farther back you went, the more natural the Doll. 

Drammy04 said:

Just watched the Doll highlights. I still think the uni is cute, but they make it hard for any girl with half a boob to be able to be on the team because sheesh! As for hair and makeup, all of it can be scraped. Why does it seem so much heavier this year? Only a couple are taking it the more natural route (still caked) the others look so drag-queenish to me. Jordan is too damn beautiful for all that makeup and lashes. Some women's faces can't carry all of that, and she's one of them. Bare face she is absolutely stunning. Arianna's lips looked gray, a lot of the wigs were too much, etc. The Dolls used to be the team where I lived to see natural beauties without too much makeup. Not the case anymore.

I thought the field show was cute and clean. I liked it. Wasn't memorable but more than solid. A few dancers I find lacking a bit on field look really good and clean so I was here for it!

I’m confused, the makeup has definitely toned down. There was a time when the Doll’s makeup was casket ready. Lol. I can’t keep up, I guess this will be the newest gripe.

I like that they are catering their look toward their era. A couple of the girls on the team seem to be aspiring MUA and it’s cool that they are experimenting. I don’t mind at all. Up until now I took no issue with the makeup and still don’t for the most part. I think that we all just know how pretty Jordan naturally is and it was a little surprising that her makeup was so unflattering.

Truth_Serum said:

I’m confused, the makeup has definitely toned down. There was a time when the Doll’s makeup was casket ready. Lol. I can’t keep up, I guess this will be the newest gripe.

You seem to always be confused when a point differs from yours. The makeup has definitely not toned down. They may not wear deep or vibrant lips as much, but it is definitely caked and baked down. These lashes are very dramatic as well. It’s a compliment to the girls that fans don’t think they need to wear that much. It’s very RHOA reunion couch ready. To be fair, the 2010s has their share too. And like I said some faces can carry it and some can’t. Also a thing to take into consideration is the fact that a lot of the current team don’t read womanly, but have on some serious makeup. 

Truth_Serum said:

Don’t come for my boo. He said what he said. 

But Jordan’s makeup did look like a fool. 

Drammy04 said:

You seem to always be confused when a point differs from yours. The makeup has definitely not toned down. They may not wear deep or vibrant lips as much, but it is definitely caked and baked down. These lashes are very dramatic as well. It’s a compliment to the girls that fans don’t think they need to wear that much. It’s very RHOA reunion couch ready. To be fair, the 2010s has their share too. And like I said some faces can carry it and some can’t. Also a thing to take into consideration is the fact that a lot of the current team don’t read womanly, but have on some serious makeup. 

Truth_Serum said:

That’s an interesting point, seeing that I just liked it to RHOA, who really changed the makeup trend IMO. The aesthetic has been and is currently drag queen meets ATL face beat. It’s reeeaalllll easy to go overboard. I’m not a fan, prefer more of a red carpet, A-list, “less is more” glam look majority of the time. I do rock that beat look every blue moon tho, lol! 

Glammy08 said:

I like that they are catering their look toward their era. A couple of the girls on the team seem to be aspiring MUA and it’s cool that they are experimenting. I don’t mind at all. Up until now I took no issue with the makeup and still don’t for the most part. I think that we all just know how pretty Jordan naturally is and it was a little surprising that her makeup was so unflattering.

Truth_Serum said:

Lol, that wasn’t my intention, just an observation, not a read! 

BandJunkee said:

Drammy04 said:

Truth_Serum said:

Lol. Uh huh.  Shade.   It’s a figure of speech, put your peach back in your purse.  

Drammy04 said:

Lol, that wasn’t my intention, just an observation, not a read! 

BandJunkee said:

Drammy04 said:

Truth_Serum said:

I think Jordan just had on way too much highlighter.

I also appreciate the more subtle makeup. In Melodys vlog during homecoming when she cut to Conner it was like "Wow!" She had a bold red lip, but I didnt remember any huge lashes or extremely heavy makeup. Just a more natural stunning look. There was a 90s Doll in her video too that was stunning to me up close but in a more natural way.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2020   Created by Marchingsport.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service