So this week is the "boombox" classic.  What are you all's thoughts on this matchup?  The dolls are starting to grow on me.  I'm really feeling them in the stands.  The j-settes...idk. I think with the 5 or 6 girls they currently have, they look good but I'm really hoping to get some of the other girls back.  And if they do come with the sinister 6, I just hope they have a dope a$$ routine with a bomb a$$ uniform. 

Views: 25346

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

So to you, a legendary captain is one with great stands and great fieldshows?

I dont know the jsettes team like that, but I did read under Morgans comments the girl autumn say that she created the count he posted. 

I just wondered if that happens often, where girls mention they created certain counts? Sometimes I wonder who is responsible for what, and sometimes people know and I always wonder how. 
kimo said:

Kayla doesn't owe me a d@mn thing in them stands. She was great and the new counts were FIRE!!! Someone previously commented and said that Kayla is a "stand" captain. I totally agree. Alot of people throw the word "legendary" around too loosely. I'm not taking anything away from her but I don't think she'll be a "legendary" captain. Memorable, maybe. Legendary, no. Legendary is the likes of Afrochanna Butler or Nikela Gates. Kayla hasn't had not one field that would make you go "We need to redo this dance in 2029." But the girl is on point in the stands. Her new counts were great and I was truly entertained by just the 3 girls. That says alot. Numbers don't always mean a thing. The dolls were just "blah" to me. They were ok for what they were. I wasn't "wow'd". I do hope for the last game though that at least the rest of the girls will be back concerning the j-settes. Its the last game for crying out loud. Whatever happens, I hope they bring the heat

Micah has really brought back a lot of classical ballet into the field routines. Technically, they have been at their best. They actually did a tour jete on the field. Their turn sequences have improved significantly. She had a vision and thank God for consistency.

I like KG and she is amazing in the stands but those field routines have been just ok. I don’t think she will be legendary. Especially if you compare her to past captains. Even if you compare her to most recent captains, she doesn’t stand out. Beautiful and creative young lady but her field choreography is overkill. A little bit of editing and emphasis on execution goes a long way!

I was rooting for Janae to make the Dolls back in 2016; I’ll just say, the Jukebox staff is good at what the do. Beautiful and talented dancer but drama tends to follow her. The Doll selection process is solid. Lol

Jada auditioned to be a doll back in 2016 too lol... people can call doll tryouts political all they want but they’ve been protecting their brand and legacy like no other.

Truth_Serum said:

I was rooting for Janae to make the Dolls back in 2016; I’ll just say, the Jukebox staff is good at what the do. Beautiful and talented dancer but drama tends to follow her. The Doll selection process is solid. Lol

The back in forth between Kp and Janae wasn’t that bad. In my opinion Kp came off very bigheaded and rude. Janae had the right to be upset for not making the dolls.

This is what I’ve always gathered from KP. She was only popular off a couple videos, but she was mediocre at best. Have several seats!

Peachyp said:

The back in forth between Kp and Janae wasn’t that bad. In my opinion Kp came off very bigheaded and rude. Janae had the right to be upset for not making the dolls.

Nah, I don't agree with her being mediocre at all. 

She dances with her entire body. Like her moves are very fluid and sensual. 

I think she's a very talented dancer.

BandJunkee said:

This is what I’ve always gathered from KP. She was only popular off a couple videos, but she was mediocre at best. Have several seats!

Peachyp said:

Amen to that!

Anatasia1100 said:

Jada auditioned to be a doll back in 2016 too lol... people can call doll tryouts political all they want but they’ve been protecting their brand and legacy like no other.

Truth_Serum said:

In the stands, KP was amazing and mesmerizing. On the field....  she blended in and you barely noticed her.  Seems like she had great leadership skills but fieldwork wasn’t her strongest suit.  

Mika Smith said:

BandJunkee said:

Peachyp said:

I agree with this. 

Truth_Serum said:

In the stands, KP was amazing and mesmerizing. On the field....  she blended in and you barely noticed her.  Seems like she had great leadership skills but fieldwork wasn’t her strongest suit.  

Mika Smith said:

BandJunkee said:

Peachyp said:

But one thing I will give her after watching Mel's vlog, KP is a visionary and natural born leader. She seemed to be in charge and have a clear idea of how she wanted the 50th anniversary show to go for the 2010s era.

Mika Smith said:

I agree with this. 

Truth_Serum said:

Mika Smith said:

BandJunkee said:

Peachyp said:

Didn’t she get to the interview round and that’s when things went left for her? I love Janae but being a Doll wasn’t for her. According to her mother, she didn’t want to be a Doll either. She just wanted to get her out the hood so badly.

Truth_Serum said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2020   Created by Marchingsport.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service