So this week is the "boombox" classic.  What are you all's thoughts on this matchup?  The dolls are starting to grow on me.  I'm really feeling them in the stands.  The j-settes...idk. I think with the 5 or 6 girls they currently have, they look good but I'm really hoping to get some of the other girls back.  And if they do come with the sinister 6, I just hope they have a dope a$$ routine with a bomb a$$ uniform. 

Views: 25512

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

NEW MUSIC; USHER FT ELLA MAE , DON'T WASTE MY TIME!

I don't detect one lie here. 

Sugamama said:

This is why the Dolls have the tryout protocols they follow.  On the outside looking in, it seems very politically charged, but you can’t just place someone on a team based on talent alone.  As sickening talented as she is, she never was a good fit fit for the Dolls and this behavior shows why.  The band and auxiliary at HBCUs are the biggest brand ambassadors and drama like what is being displayed can hurt the school itself.  Say what you want about Southern/Jukebox/Dolls, they know how to keep their nose clean for the most part and they understand the importance of branding an marketing.  Everyone who is talented isn’t necessarily good for a brand. 

Glammy08 said:

I must say, with all of the drama going on with many of the SWAC teams I’m quite proud of the dolls for staying out of the foolishness. Regardless of the differing opinions about this year they’ve remained cohesive and have presented a united front. The friendships seem genuine and the love seems real. I’m proud of them. 

I totally agree. When all these fans were taking about how she could out dance anybody, I just rolled my eyes. There is more to a being on a team than being a talented or the best dancer. Same for being the captain....

MellyMel said:

I don't detect one lie here. 

Sugamama said:

This is why the Dolls have the tryout protocols they follow.  On the outside looking in, it seems very politically charged, but you can’t just place someone on a team based on talent alone.  As sickening talented as she is, she never was a good fit fit for the Dolls and this behavior shows why.  The band and auxiliary at HBCUs are the biggest brand ambassadors and drama like what is being displayed can hurt the school itself.  Say what you want about Southern/Jukebox/Dolls, they know how to keep their nose clean for the most part and they understand the importance of branding an marketing.  Everyone who is talented isn’t necessarily good for a brand. 

Glammy08 said:

I must say, with all of the drama going on with many of the SWAC teams I’m quite proud of the dolls for staying out of the foolishness. Regardless of the differing opinions about this year they’ve remained cohesive and have presented a united front. The friendships seem genuine and the love seems real. I’m proud of them. 

Just watched the Doll highlights. I still think the uni is cute, but they make it hard for any girl with half a boob to be able to be on the team because sheesh! As for hair and makeup, all of it can be scraped. Why does it seem so much heavier this year? Only a couple are taking it the more natural route (still caked) the others look so drag-queenish to me. Jordan is too damn beautiful for all that makeup and lashes. Some women's faces can't carry all of that, and she's one of them. Bare face she is absolutely stunning. Arianna's lips looked gray, a lot of the wigs were too much, etc. The Dolls used to be the team where I lived to see natural beauties without too much makeup. Not the case anymore.

I thought the field show was cute and clean. I liked it. Wasn't memorable but more than solid. A few dancers I find lacking a bit on field look really good and clean so I was here for it!

I noticed the same thing about Jordan these last two games. She’s gorgeous and that makeup (especially lashes) does her ZERO justice. 

Drammy04 said:

Just watched the Doll highlights. I still think the uni is cute, but they make it hard for any girl with half a boob to be able to be on the team because sheesh! As for hair and makeup, all of it can be scraped. Why does it seem so much heavier this year? Only a couple are taking it the more natural route (still caked) the others look so drag-queenish to me. Jordan is too damn beautiful for all that makeup and lashes. Some women's faces can't carry all of that, and she's one of them. Bare face she is absolutely stunning. Arianna's lips looked gray, a lot of the wigs were too much, etc. The Dolls used to be the team where I lived to see natural beauties without too much makeup. Not the case anymore.

I thought the field show was cute and clean. I liked it. Wasn't memorable but more than solid. A few dancers I find lacking a bit on field look really good and clean so I was here for it!

Taneria also had on a lot of makeup. In some ways she just looks different to me in general.

Despite it though, they are an extremely attractive team. Like they just look good, espcially in white.

Yes! I love them in white especially in long sleeve white when it flows into their gloves. I LIVE! 

Mika Smith said:

Taneria also had on a lot of makeup. In some ways she just looks different to me in general.

Despite it though, they are an extremely attractive team. Like they just look good, espcially in white.

Yea, I really think it's time for squads to get creative and start thinking of ways to wear their own hair. And this isn't for the dolls. This whole wig era is not flattering and ages them by years. Jada looks so effortlessly gorgeous sporting her own hair but I know realistically, putting heat on their hair for an entire season is not healthy in the long run. Maybe they can do a little leave out or a more natural texture weave to blend into. But this screen door scalp era is blowing me. 

I agree. I work as a model and performer, so I definitely get wanting to protect your hair. But they are clearly going for that aesthetic, which is popular in our community now. They are way too pretty and talented for that! 

HeartOfADancer said:

Yea, I really think it's time for squads to get creative and start thinking of ways to wear their own hair. And this isn't for the dolls. This whole wig era is not flattering and ages them by years. Jada looks so effortlessly gorgeous sporting her own hair but I know realistically, putting heat on their hair for an entire season is not healthy in the long run. Maybe they can do a little leave out or a more natural texture weave to blend into. But this screen door scalp era is blowing me. 

The makeup is on the heavier side. You can tell they use matte liquid foundation powder along with concealer and baking. Maybe they use it because they need the makeup to last all day. They would do better with cream foundation. A little goes a long way, it looks more natural and has the lasting power of liquid. As far as the lashes, they do look a little Betty hoop/window shutter/nail shop. There are so many different lash styles that they could sport that will give them a natural glam look. But I did love the nude lip at Boombox.
Kayla doesn't owe me a d@mn thing in them stands. She was great and the new counts were FIRE!!! Someone said on the is post that she is a "stand" captain. I totally agree. Alot of people throw the word "legendary" around too loosely. I'm not taking anything away from her but I don't think she'll be a "legendary" captain. Memorable, maybe. Legendary, no. Legendary is the likes of Afrochanna Butler or Nikela Gates. Kayla hasn't had not one field that would make you go "We need to redo this dance in 2029." But the girl is on point in the stands. Her new counts were great and I was truly entertained by just the 3 girls. That says alot. Numbers don't always mean a thing. The dolls were just "blah" to me. They were ok for what they were. I wasn't "wow'd". I do hope for the last game though that at least the rest of the girls will be back concerning the j-settes. Its the last game for crying out loud. Whatever happens, I hope they bring the heat

Kayla doesn't owe me a d@mn thing in them stands. She was great and the new counts were FIRE!!! Someone previously commented and said that Kayla is a "stand" captain. I totally agree. Alot of people throw the word "legendary" around too loosely. I'm not taking anything away from her but I don't think she'll be a "legendary" captain. Memorable, maybe. Legendary, no. Legendary is the likes of Afrochanna Butler or Nikela Gates. Kayla hasn't had not one field that would make you go "We need to redo this dance in 2029." But the girl is on point in the stands. Her new counts were great and I was truly entertained by just the 3 girls. That says alot. Numbers don't always mean a thing. The dolls were just "blah" to me. They were ok for what they were. I wasn't "wow'd". I do hope for the last game though that at least the rest of the girls will be back concerning the j-settes. Its the last game for crying out loud. Whatever happens, I hope they bring the heat

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2020   Created by Marchingsport.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service