I just I want to know if any SU cymbal players can tell me that you have to be at least 6 feet tall to play cymbals for Southern.

Views: 160

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Alexander said:
YEA, TOLD ME THE SAME THING, ITS JUST AS MUCH LOOKS AS IT IS PLAYING ABILITY, THEY TOLD ME THAT I HAD TO LEARN HOW TO TWIRL MY STICKS IF I WANTED TO MAKE THE SNARE LINE

Not quite the same of snare and cymbals...... There isn't MUCH playing ability involved with the cymbals...... Mr. Knighten will tell you "Yall Muhfuggaz aint got but 2 notes, *CHANG* and *CRASH*!!!!!"
I do, but not the way SU does it, its all good though, not very hard, already got it down pretty well

LilChris-LLI said:
You don't know how to twirl sticks? 0_o
Alexander said:
YEA, TOLD ME THE SAME THING, ITS JUST AS MUCH LOOKS AS IT IS PLAYING ABILITY, THEY TOLD ME THAT I HAD TO LEARN HOW TO TWIRL MY STICKS IF I WANTED TO MAKE THE SNARE LINE
The Knighten jokes are always funny lol...A few of us have slipped through the cracks, Doc was going to put me on tenor drum b/c like Morpheus I'm only 5'9, but I begged him to give me a shot and the deal was if I couldn't handle them, then I would go to tenor drum, but I showed Doc that I could hang and of course he said to me, "son, everything gon' be alright"
Be a sorry crab...lol...

PointMyToes said:
What are the qualifications to be a banner boy?
NO... They had a midget from BMT Ozen there a few years ago
LMAO

ClevePVU said:
Be a sorry crab...lol...

PointMyToes said:
Nothing personal, darl'n...but, 5'0?...smh. I think you need to do a lil more research on how SU is run, if you're seriously thinking about being a 5ft girl on the line.

Not saying it's impossible...but, running what SU runs at that height is very improbable.

I hope we always stay around that 6ft area. And, to me, we've been slipp'n. 1 or 2 of the 5'8, 5,9's is fine. But, one year it was da*n nere a whole squad of them. And, it looked off. Still uniformed (cuz, we're still the "S")..but, just.....*tilts head to side*....off.
Its kool i wuz jus askin about, i got two more years. Thanks for being real about it tho, i truly accept the facts you said and like i said i need to kno before i go myself thanks man

DT Classic said:
Nothing personal, darl'n...but, 5'0?...smh. I think you need to do a lil more research on how SU is run, if you're seriously thinking about being a 5ft girl on the line.

Not saying it's impossible...but, running what SU runs at that height is very improbable.

I hope we always stay around that 6ft area. And, to me, we've been slipp'n. 1 or 2 of the 5'8, 5,9's is fine. But, one year it was da*n nere a whole squad of them. And, it looked off. Still uniformed (cuz, we're still the "S")..but, just.....*tilts head to side*....off.
ClevePVU said:
Be a sorry crab...lol...

PointMyToes said:

^ HA!

lololololol
sorry but u can totally forget about that!!! Don't mean to be so blunt but thats what it is.. If you were 5'8 or 5'9 u might have passed if you are good, but ur not even close.

LiLBiT-EXP07 said:
Well im 5'0
Yeah Lil bit yo chances wit SU might not be good...at the game I saw some short ones in the middle but they was at least 5'8 - 5'9...but hmmm Jackson State has very small cymbal players you could have a chance their they are around 5'3-5'6...Most cymbal lines only accept tall players because like it was stated before the first you see after the drum majors are the cymbal players doing their flashes to cadences..so you must be tall...and as small as you are controlling those 20's will be hard also you must practice and practice I kno you had asked me bout coming to PV but the shortest we have now is 5'9 the rest of us are taller...
whoa...this discussion is a year old, i grew to 5' 1.5" now lol
I met Mr. Knighten! he something

RSS

© 2020   Created by Marchingsport.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service