Replies

• I don't play cymbals at Southern, but I di go to Southern.... I can tell you that one of the upperclassmen while I was there (Lord Morpeus), and one of my CB's (Super Dave) were short, like 5'8" and 5'9".
  • OOOOOh ok well im still wondering if a 5 feet girl like me can play for SU cymbals. SU is one of my 5 top college choices so im just asking if it possible.
  • I remember when it used to be like that under Greggs....
  • Blazin20s said:
    I remember when it used to be like that under Greggs....
    I came up under Doc, and that's when we had the 2 short guys.
    Do you really have to be tall to be a SU Cymbal Player???
    I just I want to know if any SU cymbal players can tell me that you have to be at least 6 feet tall to play cymbals for Southern.
  • I have heard of those 2....
    THey both were pretty good from what I've seen. I would have made that exception too!
  • i heard but idk
  • There are a few cymbal players that have made it through but for the most part they are 6'0 or taller. When I crabbed it was explained to me that it is all about cosmetics. Cymbal players are the first people you see after the DM, The DM is atleast 6'1 so what would it look like to have a bunch of little guys right behind him?

How tall are you?
  • Well im 5'0
  • Jaren said:
    There are a few cymbal players that have made it through but for the most part they are 6'0 or taller. When I crabbed it was explained to me that it is all about cosmetics. Cymbal players are the first people you see after the DM, The DM is atleast 6'1 so what would it look like to have a bunch of little guys right behind him?

How tall are you?

That's what we were told also. Symmetry and uniformity is more aesthetically pleasing. But, 5'0"..... on some TWANKIEZ!? Not seeing it work..... But, if it is TRULY in your heart, don't see why it's not possible.
    Do you really have to be tall to be a SU Cymbal Player???
    I just I want to know if any SU cymbal players can tell me that you have to be at least 6 feet tall to play cymbals for Southern.
  • Im workin on sum 20's. I kno its surprising but thats wut im known for up here, a little young lady doin big thangs lol. But I accept that uniformity is very necessary and I'll work hard to accomplish what I can do on 20's as I've done with 18's.

Thank You for the comments guys
This reply was deleted.