Okay you guys! What do you all want to see at the Rose Parade???

Views: 19108

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I see why they have GnB. Not being on the field, rendered that routine a bit messy. They are clearly better suited for the field. Not because of talent, it’s just different dancing on a court and for a basketball crowd. Stingettes do a great job of it, but clearly they adjust accordingly to the different seasons. 

Great opportunity and marketing though! 

I'm glad Akai is in charge of the girls because that HBCU dancelines  Youtube blogger is making HBCU dancelines into some TMZ bullshit.  

The other SWAC teams will look back and wish they had someone like Akai on the staff after all the shenanigans this season TBH

I will say that what is happening with HBCUs and social media, most notably the gossip YouTube channels, is just an evolution to fandom. Every fandom will go through it at some point, whether they like it or not because, just like we come on here and discuss and speculate about our faves, people will do it elsewhere on other platforms. Especially with band culture becoming more and more mainstream as time goes on, it’s understandable that people will take those discussions beyond a message board. We’re heading into a new decade; message boards are not cutting it for these newer fans lol

But that’s why Akai is so necessary! When the girls are done with their rips and have graduated and are applying for jobs or looking for references/recommendations, the last thing they’ll have to worry about is social media drama being dug up.

Sugamama said:

You better say that!  And after the mess that went on this season in the SWAC that folks are now to using collecting Youtube checks from, folk are REALLY gonna hate Akai. Its no way in hell she is going to let the Dolls get involved in a social media disaster like we seen this past season.  That ship is going to be even more tight! 

NOT ON HER WATCH. 

SUarchitect said:

I just see it as people have problems with strong female personalities. Especially when you can't get the information to keep these imaginary storylines going.  Lol.    "Akai is mean.  Akai is rude. Akai is overbearing. Whew chile I'm sick of Akai. Jordan is unhappy.  " 

The only thing we know is Akai runs a tight ship and ain't shit leaving that Doll room. That's how it should be.  Outside of those leotards and character heels on a performance day, their lives are private.  Exactly why Akai made them make a totally separate IG for their Doll photos.  Exactly why Akai made their photos for the introduction of the line PROFESSIONAL HEADSHOTS. Because there is real life outside of Doll and Bandhead and  shady YouTube reviews/gossip channels. The difference between a Dr. Smith as sponsor and other ppl or laxed sponsors is the drama this season with those other dancelines ... I'll leave that there.  

Drammy04 said:

THIS! I’m so tired of people blaming Micah’s boringness on Akai, even going so far as to say she was telling her the counts to throw. Please stop. The length people will go to justify BS never ceases to surprise me.

SUarchitect said:

Dtaras approach was that she didnt come until Gameday. Dtara was all the way in Lake Charles during the week.  Akai is straightforward but she wasn't dictating their every move.  She was much more a bodyguard against the cameras than she was overbearing on the Dolls IMO. The only time I ever saw her tell the Dolls something was to fix a girl's uniform and redirect them for the Jackson State game after it seems the Jackson State powers that be didn't want any other danceline going up the ramp.  Besides that she was literally a media team director lol.   The choreo has sharpened under Akai compared to when DT led as Director.  Akai wasn't telling Micah to throw a million ripples/canons.  Micah had creative control over the stands and just wasn't the most entertaining.  The field has been consistent the past two years.  Akai being a strong personality (to others) shouldn't dictate her work as a Director.  And the girls literally LOVE her. 

And you have to consider the times in which DT and Akai were Dolls.  Akai was 04 and 05. Wasn't no "development" under Doc.  You went in after auditions and came out a full fledged DOLL.  DT had time to develop because the squads were HUGE.  Akai came from the era of a consistent line the entire season, not no development. Lol 

It's a bit of a learning curve from what we're used to since 2006, but I don't think it's bad at all. Micah just wasn't consistently the strongest leader as it relates to consistent stand energy. Even if she threw the best counts, the constant canons and ripples killed the effect of the song. It wasn't her count selection, it was her choice of delivery of said count selection. And Akai wasn't calling none of those stand sequences. IJS

Now as it relates to the class Doll look. The dressed down tights and tank with tennis shoes.  The return of the high bun. That is Doll era all day. She could have had some influence on that. Again, i don't think that's bad. Dolls gave us a variety of good looks, including dressed down ones, which i love.  I love a good ole high bun in tank and tights.  But creatively i don't think she was that overbearing. 

If y'all think Akai is bad yall would HATE Monique! Lol! 

Right!!!! 

Dee Roberts said:

I'm glad Akai is in charge of the girls because that HBCU dancelines  Youtube blogger is making HBCU dancelines into some TMZ bullshit.  

What's interesting is that channel came practically out of nowhere. Getting all those views with only like 3,000 subscribers. I watched 1 video and now he's all up in my recommendations lol

Dee Roberts said:

Side ways comments for 100 Alex lol 

Drammy04 said:

I see why they have GnB. Not being on the field, rendered that routine a bit messy. They are clearly better suited for the field. Not because of talent, it’s just different dancing on a court and for a basketball crowd. Stingettes do a great job of it, but clearly they adjust accordingly to the different seasons. 

They did pretty good for the routine.  I low-key really wish they would have done With Me though.  Seems it would fit the energy of the arena better.  And its much flashier and high energy, yet short and sweet.  Conga is nice for a halftime feature, but seemed a bit long for the game halftime.  Nevertheless a great showing.  Juke and Dolls have been BUSY the last few days. 

Drammy04 said:

I think people's main issue with Akai is her lack of manners toward media. Specifically Marvin. The videographers that capture these videos for us to enjoy, should in no way be treated like they have been this past season. Anyone would appreciate a strong leader, but not a disrespectful one. The Dolls have always been private, but leaks will happen regardless of leadership. Akai didn't stop Dolls Village fat lips from running this summer. 

SUarchitect said:

I just see it as people have problems with strong female personalities. Especially when you can't get the information to keep these imaginary storylines going.  Lol.    "Akai is mean.  Akai is rude. Akai is overbearing. Whew chile I'm sick of Akai. Jordan is unhappy.  " 

The only thing we know is Akai runs a tight ship and ain't shit leaving that Doll room. That's how it should be.  Outside of those leotards and character heels on a performance day, their lives are private.  Exactly why Akai made them make a totally separate IG for their Doll photos.  Exactly why Akai made their photos for the introduction of the line PROFESSIONAL HEADSHOTS. Because there is real life outside of Doll and Bandhead and  shady YouTube reviews/gossip channels. The difference between a Dr. Smith as sponsor and other ppl or laxed sponsors is the drama this season with those other dancelines ... I'll leave that there.  

Drammy04 said:

THIS! I’m so tired of people blaming Micah’s boringness on Akai, even going so far as to say she was telling her the counts to throw. Please stop. The length people will go to justify BS never ceases to surprise me.

SUarchitect said:

Dtaras approach was that she didnt come until Gameday. Dtara was all the way in Lake Charles during the week.  Akai is straightforward but she wasn't dictating their every move.  She was much more a bodyguard against the cameras than she was overbearing on the Dolls IMO. The only time I ever saw her tell the Dolls something was to fix a girl's uniform and redirect them for the Jackson State game after it seems the Jackson State powers that be didn't want any other danceline going up the ramp.  Besides that she was literally a media team director lol.   The choreo has sharpened under Akai compared to when DT led as Director.  Akai wasn't telling Micah to throw a million ripples/canons.  Micah had creative control over the stands and just wasn't the most entertaining.  The field has been consistent the past two years.  Akai being a strong personality (to others) shouldn't dictate her work as a Director.  And the girls literally LOVE her. 

And you have to consider the times in which DT and Akai were Dolls.  Akai was 04 and 05. Wasn't no "development" under Doc.  You went in after auditions and came out a full fledged DOLL.  DT had time to develop because the squads were HUGE.  Akai came from the era of a consistent line the entire season, not no development. Lol 

It's a bit of a learning curve from what we're used to since 2006, but I don't think it's bad at all. Micah just wasn't consistently the strongest leader as it relates to consistent stand energy. Even if she threw the best counts, the constant canons and ripples killed the effect of the song. It wasn't her count selection, it was her choice of delivery of said count selection. And Akai wasn't calling none of those stand sequences. IJS

Now as it relates to the class Doll look. The dressed down tights and tank with tennis shoes.  The return of the high bun. That is Doll era all day. She could have had some influence on that. Again, i don't think that's bad. Dolls gave us a variety of good looks, including dressed down ones, which i love.  I love a good ole high bun in tank and tights.  But creatively i don't think she was that overbearing. 

They can run their lips all day, nobody is stopping that. But what you don't see from this organization versus others is Doll room drama/petty issues coming to REAL life on social media.  These people are taking the drama from these prestigious dancelines and capitalizing/gaining popularity off of it.  It's one thing to do shady reviews, it's another to go into FULL detail about it.  These girls are having real life experiences publicized and for what ?  

Again, gimme me an Akai ANYDAY.  

As far as the media goes, I don't think Akai job should be to police media teams and direct what angles they should record in.  The band needs to get staff to do that, because she does come across a bit rude but only to them. I don't think that's fair to her. Nor should she take on that extra stress.  She's a whole administrator at Southern, and sponsoring the danceline after work. That's more than enough to ask of her. 

Kiara Mix said:

I think people's main issue with Akai is her lack of manners toward media. Specifically Marvin. The videographers that capture these videos for us to enjoy, should in no way be treated like they have been this past season. Anyone would appreciate a strong leader, but not a disrespectful one. The Dolls have always been private, but leaks will happen regardless of leadership. Akai didn't stop Dolls Village fat lips from running this summer. 

SUarchitect said:

Drammy04 said:

SUarchitect said:

You made some good points about Micah.  I still enjoyed her this season and loved the fact that she pushed the girls technically and brought back a lot of Doll tradition.  As far as Madame Akai, some of her antics come off as abrasive and can be misconstrued.  At the very least, I still thinks she’s a micromanager.  Not necessarily a bad thing because these dance lines definitely need structure and guidelines in this social media era.  I’ve leaned from this blog that where there’s smoke, there is usually a fire.  Time will tell.  I do enjoy looking at Akai though, she is bad fine!  lol 

SUarchitect said:

They can run their lips all day, nobody is stopping that. But what you don't see from this organization versus others is Doll room drama/petty issues coming to REAL life on social media.  These people are taking the drama from these prestigious dancelines and capitalizing/gaining popularity off of it.  It's one thing to do shady reviews, it's another to go into FULL detail about it.  These girls are having real life experiences publicized and for what ?  

Again, gimme me an Akai ANYDAY.  

As far as the media goes, I don't think Akai job should be to police media teams and direct what angles they should record in.  The band needs to get staff to do that, because she does come across a bit rude but only to them. I don't think that's fair to her. Nor should she take on that extra stress.  She's a whole administrator at Southern, and sponsoring the danceline after work. That's more than enough to ask of her. 

Kiara Mix said:

SUarchitect said:

Drammy04 said:

SUarchitect said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2020   Created by Marchingsport.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service