Okay you guys! What do you all want to see at the Rose Parade???

Views: 19183

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

They have band directors just as assertive, maybe abrasive.  Nobody is calling them thuggish though. Women with strong personalities aren't thugs or bitches. They're women with strong personalities. 

Joe Moore said:

I think Akai is Thuggish. Some things she does is unnecessary and extreme.

You have to admit LSU is a huge national newsmaker this year. Even I am paying attention and I don't care for LSU.

honrae rokermore said:

The local BATON ROUGE newspaper hasn't given this BAND any PUBLICITY, only a small part in the SPORTS section and they WONDER why there PAPER isn't selling! Some things NEVER change, ITS ALL LSU

Is it me or should the dolls just stay in they rooms when the band does a parade? They so boring. Yall enjoy them walking up the street doing the same simple hand motions for an hour? Why hasn't anyone revamped their parade stuff? I couldn't even get through all the clips.

I've only seen two squads that really know how to work a parade, that's Golden Delight and the Prancing J-Settes. The other squads, Dolls included, just do stands routines, hand gestures and walk. Most squads are low energy in parades. I think the Dolls just got worn-out, that parade route was about 6 miles!

Whatitdosu said:

Is it me or should the dolls just stay in they rooms when the band does a parade? They so boring. Yall enjoy them walking up the street doing the same simple hand motions for an hour? Why hasn't anyone revamped their parade stuff? I couldn't even get through all the clips.

I thought the Dolls look stunning and they were entertaining.   The crowd loved them and I did too.  

I said the exact same thing!   The Dolls brought the heat and the crowd loved it!   This Doll threads are getting stranger by the days.  

Sugamama said:

I thought the Dolls look stunning and they were entertaining.   The crowd loved them and I did too.  

The dolls and the band looked great!!! Geaux SU!!!

They usually have more of a parade presence, especially over the last 2 seasons.  I'll never understand why they think it's cute to have these girls in lines for a parade.  They would have made more of an impression in a V or window formation spanning the width of the band because every Doll would be visible down the street. See Gabby in the Kentwood parade 2018 or Jordan the season before.  Parades are already low energy for dancers so the impression that impacts the crowd IMO is the strut, the uniform, and the sequences.  They have the sequences and the uniforms.  The strut could be jazzed up a little to make it look more performance-ish for parades, at least when the band is playing. They didn't look bad at all but it could have been so much better.  

I'm sooooooooooo ready for next season. Lol. 

Whatitdosu said:

Y’all complain so fucking much. Oh my God!!!

K.

BandJunkee said:

Y’all complain so fucking much. Oh my God!!!

I am interested in seeing who picks either Jada or Kaylon apart next season and calls them a disappointment if folks unrealistic expectations aren’t met.  It’s one thing to be honest about a performance or uniform, but it is another to operate in confirmation bias. 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2020   Created by Marchingsport.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service