Okay you guys! What do you all want to see at the Rose Parade???

Views: 19156

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Whoomp! There is it! The Dolls have been surpassed in all categories! Even Golden Delight fans have trashed the Dolls uniforms. Doing the Greggs era, you could say the Dolls had the most attractive girls, not now. They have been surpassed in this area by other dance teams, also. I would say the Dolls are average now. The Greggs Dolls were in a league of their own, the class, beauty and show presence will never be duplicated. The Dolls current sponsor is a drag on the squad! Southern need to bring Shawn Zachary back from Prairie View, a Doll from 1985 to 1987, as sponsor, to bring that Doll "pizzazz" back! 

nsuking2005 said:

Uniforms, hair/make-up, stands, field routines (specifically, choreography...I'll give them that their execution on the field was top-tier this season, even if I didn't go up for the actual choreo), march-ins/outs, presence, overall entertainment value...you name it. lol

And IDK. I guess we could say they were top 5, but I mean...we'd be talking literally #5, at best. Stingettes, J-Settes, Black Foxes and Golden Girls all surpassed them in at least a few areas this season, if not all (again, except for field execution). And this is only if we're limiting it to the SWAC. If we're including MEAC, then that knocks the Dolls clean out of the top 5, IMO.

What's happening? said:

In which category’s have the dolls been surpassed in? They definitely aren’t the top HBCU dance team this year but let’s not negate the fact that they are one of the top 5 HBCU dance teams.

Joe Moore said:

The Dolls have been surpassed in every category by the top HBCU teams. What's the Dolls niche? They have rabid fans, that's their niche, they don't look better or do anything better than the top HBCU dance teams. Once again, the Dolls are not the top HBCU dance team.

So you skipped over all of the fonts that countered your opinion to find the ONE that aligned with yours? Ok. 

Dolls have not been surpassed. You just dont like them.  Say that.  

Joe Moore said:

Whoomp! There is it! The Dolls have been surpassed in all categories! Even Golden Delight fans have trashed the Dolls uniforms. Doing the Greggs era, you could say the Dolls had the most attractive girls, not now. They have been surpassed in this area by other dance teams, also. I would say the Dolls are average now. The Greggs Dolls were in a league of their own, the class, beauty and show presence will never be duplicated. The Dolls current sponsor is a drag on the squad! Southern need to bring Shawn Zachary back from Prairie View, a Doll from 1985 to 1987, as sponsor, to bring that Doll "pizzazz" back! 

nsuking2005 said:

Uniforms, hair/make-up, stands, field routines (specifically, choreography...I'll give them that their execution on the field was top-tier this season, even if I didn't go up for the actual choreo), march-ins/outs, presence, overall entertainment value...you name it. lol

And IDK. I guess we could say they were top 5, but I mean...we'd be talking literally #5, at best. Stingettes, J-Settes, Black Foxes and Golden Girls all surpassed them in at least a few areas this season, if not all (again, except for field execution). And this is only if we're limiting it to the SWAC. If we're including MEAC, then that knocks the Dolls clean out of the top 5, IMO.

What's happening? said:

In which category’s have the dolls been surpassed in? They definitely aren’t the top HBCU dance team this year but let’s not negate the fact that they are one of the top 5 HBCU dance teams.

Joe Moore said:

The Dolls have been surpassed in every category by the top HBCU teams. What's the Dolls niche? They have rabid fans, that's their niche, they don't look better or do anything better than the top HBCU dance teams. Once again, the Dolls are not the top HBCU dance team.

And the most priceless thing of it all is he does it under the guise of fake-objectivity. Even when you present mess as "I'm just reporting what others are saying" or "I'm remaining neutral," the takeaway is ultimately still the mess.....and I refuse to believe he doesn't know exactly what he's doing.

These are young women in college and their personal business beyond the performance shouldn't be up for mass consumption and fodder. But the social media age and stan culture have merged in a really ugly way, so anyone with a large following is no longer a human, but automatically a "public figure" (i.e. a product to be consumed)...whether they consented to it or not. As Architect says, it all reaffirms exactly why Akai is warranted in being so protective of the Dolls.

What's happening? said:

The man’s entire channel is about the girls personal business. Just from reading the comments because I don’t entertain what he’s saying he has spread so many false information in regards to Micah and her time as a doll.

Diva0409_ said:

They’re really about to be mad. THIS is one of the reasons she is protective of them. What ppl don’t want to understand is these girls get harassed all the time. To make a hate page and lie on that lady is beyond asinine. I hope they find out who’s behind that IG page. It’s beyond dance; it’s getting personal. 

SUarchitect said:

Yup. And again, gimme a Dr. Smith ANYDAY.  People don't like what they dont have access too.  And I love it. 

I used to enjoy his YouTube page, but it's turned into a TMZ.  This is peoples personal lives. I don't care what YOU see them as, they are not no damn public figures. They're college students and dancers. That's ALL.  If we put the energy into productive shit like we do mess, black people would be miles ahead. This entire clip was messy AF, just like the Micah one.  Hell I hope Akai clamps down even harder next season. 

Lola said:

Have any of you seen this video about the Akai hate page on Instagram?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Bz9_5bFI1o

Damn lol. 

This season wasn't very strong, and that's fine. There are other seasons. Their most traditional showing IMO has been the strongest of the season IMO (Homecoming) , the Cinderella leo and the top bun.  The choreo was their most promising of the season, overall look and presence, stands were nice.  Jackson States entrance was a whole vibe but only because of capes.  Bayou was a fail I terms of look, and choreo was just OK. It was way too long. There was two breakdowns in that song!

Homecoming

Jackson States look

That new count introduced for CrankFest 

Both the 98 and 05 reintroduction of With Me

Highlights of this season for me

Sidenote:. This shit is really getting out hand. Jada has a whole STALKER that cusses her out on Twitter because she doesn't communicate with her over a fan page. This is why Akai is needed.  I'd just start reporting everything honestly lol 
nsuking2005 said:

What's happening? said:

Joe Moore said:

Sugamama said:

@peachyp-No problem at all. We are here for passionate, contentious discussion.  

Although you make valid points, I still respectfully disagree because the point reminds me of when people would have conversations about black lives matter but people want to mention that all lives matter.  Have other teams been featured in various projects?  Sure.  Were those projects good for the brand overall? Yes.  However, was the caliber of work this season on the same level with the Dolls? No.  No doubt it was a good look for Ciara to work with the Jsettes.  However, is Ciara as current and popular as Lizzo? No.  Sure, Alabama State marched in the Tournament of Roses parade last year.  However they did not have the same coverage as the Juke, especially since that Lizzo video has been seen over 3 million times in 24 hours of its release, giving the Dolls way more exposure leading up to the parade.  I support HBCUs as well.  I think the Black Foxes are the most underrated team in the SWAC.  However, when comparing the caliber of work the Dolls booked this season alone, they are head and shoulders above other dance lines.  It speaks to the  consistent and palatable branding of the squad.  Honestly I think because the Dolls have been so consistent and palatable that folks LOVE to talk about the “boringness”.  The “boringness” conversation it a way to “stick it” to the Dolls, so to speak.  Just like in real life, people don’t like an individual that is too beautiful, confident, etc. if there is a “flaw” folks will make sure that flaw is mentioned so that the person is pedestal isn’t too high above everyone else.   It grinds peoples gears when the Dolls are called elite, but that branding and caliber of opportunities afforded as a result doesn’t lie. 

Truth_Serum said:

My original statement was in response to a poster complaining about the style.   I still stand by my statement!  Why would they change it when they have consistently booked gigs.  I clearly said booked this year.   You turned this into something completely different ..   I wish you would keep that same energy in defending the Dolls. Lol

Tiger Trail said:

I applaud your response,Peachyp! Alabama State marched in the Rose Parade last year!

Peachyp said:

I support ALL Hbcu’s. I will sincerely apologize for lashing out but its a slap in the face to other hbcus that are also in the limelight. 

The black foxes did amazing at the macy’s day parade no mention, ebony fire were in a magazine spread and in the news no mention, by the way ebony fire will literally be in Rome, Italy and Hbotb in the same month no mention. Jsettes have consistently been in commercials, campaigns, and viral no mention. Stingettes consistently go viral no mention. 14k are on Netflix no mention. Dolls have moments go stagnant then wake up again you ignore other teams as if they only did ONE THING. Whether you like it or not there are teams out there that may not be as popular as the dolls but are just as if not more successful.

Sugamama said:

I asked a question.  If you read that as downing them, then that’s on you.  I didn’t say it wasn’t a good thing.  I only saw it on Instagram and if the campaign was displayed elsewhere then I am open to that correction.  The Dolls don’t pay any bills. However they are my favorite team and if you go back and read this all stemmed from a font yet again calling them boring.  It is funny when fonts accuse folks of ass kissing and downing other teams when true Doll fans defend the style and how it is embraced by offering exhibits, especially compared to other teams. Fonts can’t consistently call the Dolls boring, dry, etc. and not expect true fans to counter with receipts. No matter what, the Dolls are elite and their endorsements speak volumes. 

Peachyp said:

Guess its better to put down a team to uplift another. When the dolls do something its the best thing since sliced bread but when other teams are consistently being promoted throughout the years its just one promotion. Does the dolls pay bills? If so, I would like to sign up for the ass kissing list.    

Sugamama said:

Other than the MAC instagram campaign, what other features did they have this season?  The designer was LaLa Anthony’s brand. 

Peachyp said:

Ummm The Jsettes. What designer tho? 

Truth_Serum said:

Why should they evolve for you! In one season the Dolls booked a campaign with a designer/ brand, did a video with a major pop star, danced during the laker halftime show, and marched in the Rose parade.  Name a HBCU dance line and or PWI dance line that got more work this year?   Why on earth would they change because of a couple of disgruntled fans on bandhead is bored.  They are clearly doing something right.  Also, you can hear the cat calls, whistles, and cheers from the crowd as they marched.  I think they’re good, the “boring” formula you complain about is clearly working.  

Whatitdosu said:

I doubt either one of them would continue with the boringness that Dani tried to get rid of. The doll style by itself is boring af. Ya'll can sit here and make excuses for them all day if you want to. "Thats the style DEAL WITH IT!" "They dont do all that" "Its tradition!" "I love a classic doll" SAVE IT! Its 2020 and we the people IS BORED HUNNY! It's time to evolve and entertain! Being pretty isn't enough. The Stingettes ran the SWAC! Its not up for debate! But again, who am I? I dont have creative control. I'm just a fan with an opinion.....

Sugamama said:

I am interested in seeing who picks either Jada or Kaylon apart next season and calls them a disappointment if folks unrealistic expectations aren’t met.  It’s one thing to be honest about a performance or uniform, but it is another to operate in confirmation bias. 

YOU SAID IT ALL!  That channel is disgusting and I pray that Akai/Dolls find a LEGAL maneuver to get him kicked to the curb! 

nsuking2005 said:

And the most priceless thing of it all is he does it under the guise of fake-objectivity. Even when you present mess as "I'm just reporting what others are saying" or "I'm remaining neutral," the takeaway is ultimately still the mess.....and I refuse to believe he doesn't know exactly what he's doing.

These are young women in college and their personal business beyond the performance shouldn't be up for mass consumption and fodder. But the social media age and stan culture have merged in a really ugly way, so anyone with a large following is no longer a human, but automatically a "public figure" (i.e. a product to be consumed)...whether they consented to it or not. As Architect says, it all reaffirms exactly why Akai is warranted in being so protective of the Dolls.

What's happening? said:

The man’s entire channel is about the girls personal business. Just from reading the comments because I don’t entertain what he’s saying he has spread so many false information in regards to Micah and her time as a doll.

Diva0409_ said:

They’re really about to be mad. THIS is one of the reasons she is protective of them. What ppl don’t want to understand is these girls get harassed all the time. To make a hate page and lie on that lady is beyond asinine. I hope they find out who’s behind that IG page. It’s beyond dance; it’s getting personal. 

SUarchitect said:

Yup. And again, gimme a Dr. Smith ANYDAY.  People don't like what they dont have access too.  And I love it. 

I used to enjoy his YouTube page, but it's turned into a TMZ.  This is peoples personal lives. I don't care what YOU see them as, they are not no damn public figures. They're college students and dancers. That's ALL.  If we put the energy into productive shit like we do mess, black people would be miles ahead. This entire clip was messy AF, just like the Micah one.  Hell I hope Akai clamps down even harder next season. 

Lola said:

And she DGAF about to damn expose page. She is a candidate for Ph.D. She's a Student Affairs administrator at her Alma mater.  The work she is doing at Southern and academically and with these girls FAR exceeds any mess these wreckless children can do online. Lol. 

Just goes to show some people need shit to do outside of live through these girls.  They are taking HBCU history and legacy and turning into some messy ass minstrel showcof sorts.  Its disgusting. 

nsuking2005 said:

What's happening? said:

Diva0409_ said:

SUarchitect said:

Lola said:

Oh wow, Alicia was really a woman.  Lol.  Well, I hope they start reporting his page.  
What's happening? said:

Alicia Wax is a woman. They found her in a doll group. I don’t know how but all I know is that they are looking for him. He has to make his money off something and all those people that watch him live for the drama. They want to know every aspect of these girls lives even if it’s the wrong information. I have never seen as many dumb people in the comments as I’ve seen under his video’s.

Truth_Serum said:

I’m convinced it’s Alicia Wax...   He was the only poster obsessed with the personnel lives of the dancers and sponsors.  When it comes to dancing, you can tell that he’s never danced in his entire life.  He’s the bootleg Tasha K of HBCU dance.  

What's happening? said:

Diva0409_ said:

SUarchitect said:

Lola said:

Exactly! I'll TAKE Akai anyday. No public drama and personal business in your Face, no suspensions, Nobody quit, and None OF YOUR BUSINESS! That is ALL!  Whoever made the vid needs to check some other coordinators...GHETTO!!

Diva0409_ said:

SUarchitect said:

Lola said:

He/She sure did skip over what I said because what I stated was facts. All the things I named were true and you can actually see it on camera.

Sugamama said:

So you skipped over all of the fonts that countered your opinion to find the ONE that aligned with yours? Ok. 

Dolls have not been surpassed. You just dont like them.  Say that.  

Joe Moore said:

nsuking2005 said:

What's happening? said:

Joe Moore said:

They did not give that man the green light to continue going. The majority of those girls told him that he didn't even know what he was talking about. He tried to manipulate what they were saying especially Joy into what would fit his narrative. Joy and Yasmine are no longer with the dance teams that they are on so they do have a right to defend themselves in the case of somebody spreading false information on a situation that they were in. If you read the majority of the comments those fans take what he has to say as facts even though it isn't. The man legit creates a false narrative as to what is going on with these teams and people are really believing him. I don't blame the girls that are not apart of the teams anymore defending themselves. Yasmine did it respectfully, while he tried to go back and forth with Joy because she called him out for spreading bogus information.

Jackson said:

So foul. Although he’s in the wrong, some women on the team are the reason he keeps going. Take Joy, Jada, and Yasmine for example. They willing engaged which was essentially a green light for him to keep going. Seeing the girls give him insight only made him bigger. Seems like more sponsors need to pull an Akai and protect these girls. And yes, I’m talking about Chloe and Courtney.

Best believe that people are already looking for him. As somebody said all these coaches need to come together even the messy ones and find a way to not let this outside information get out even though the majority of what he says is beyond false. That man is not neutral he's nothing but a Gabby stan and it shows. He just gives a bad rep to Gabby fans, he uplifts her by bringing down her crab sister. 

Sugamama said:

YOU SAID IT ALL!  That channel is disgusting and I pray that Akai/Dolls find a LEGAL maneuver to get him kicked to the curb! 

nsuking2005 said:

What's happening? said:

Diva0409_ said:

SUarchitect said:

Lola said:

THIS!!!!!! 

What's happening? said:

Best believe that people are already looking for him. As somebody said all these coaches need to come together even the messy ones and find a way to not let this outside information get out even though the majority of what he says is beyond false. That man is not neutral he's nothing but a Gabby stan and it shows. He just gives a bad rep to Gabby fans, he uplifts her by bringing down her crab sister. 

Sugamama said:

nsuking2005 said:

What's happening? said:

Diva0409_ said:

SUarchitect said:

Lola said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2020   Created by Marchingsport.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service