Okay you guys! What do you all want to see at the Rose Parade???

Views: 19183

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hello! The Dolls attire made then look like middle aged women instead of college coeds. They should have worn the outfits from Crankfest or the Bayou Classic Battle of the Bands!

Back to topic! The Dolls were great, but this is how you work a parade:

D said:

I've only seen two squads that really know how to work a parade, that's Golden Delight and the Prancing J-Settes. The other squads, Dolls included, just do stands routines, hand gestures and walk. Most squads are low energy in parades. I think the Dolls just got worn-out, that parade route was about 6 miles!

Whatitdosu said:

Is it me or should the dolls just stay in they rooms when the band does a parade? They so boring. Yall enjoy them walking up the street doing the same simple hand motions for an hour? Why hasn't anyone revamped their parade stuff? I couldn't even get through all the clips.

The Dolls have always had a mature look.  That's on purpose.  You can look at the pic on the clips you just posted and see the difference is obviously clear in terms of overall presentation as it relates to look and presence. Ijs. Lol  

Tiger Trail said:

Hello! The Dolls attire made then look like middle aged women instead of college coeds. They should have worn the outfits from Crankfest or the Bayou Classic Battle of the Bands!

Back to topic! The Dolls were great, but this is how you work a parade:

D said:

I've only seen two squads that really know how to work a parade, that's Golden Delight and the Prancing J-Settes. The other squads, Dolls included, just do stands routines, hand gestures and walk. Most squads are low energy in parades. I think the Dolls just got worn-out, that parade route was about 6 miles!

Whatitdosu said:

Is it me or should the dolls just stay in they rooms when the band does a parade? They so boring. Yall enjoy them walking up the street doing the same simple hand motions for an hour? Why hasn't anyone revamped their parade stuff? I couldn't even get through all the clips.

Guess its better to put down a team to uplift another. When the dolls do something its the best thing since sliced bread but when other teams are consistently being promoted throughout the years its just one promotion. Does the dolls pay bills? If so, I would like to sign up for the ass kissing list.    

Sugamama said:

Other than the MAC instagram campaign, what other features did they have this season?  The designer was LaLa Anthony’s brand. 

Peachyp said:

Ummm The Jsettes. What designer tho? 

Truth_Serum said:

Why should they evolve for you! In one season the Dolls booked a campaign with a designer/ brand, did a video with a major pop star, danced during the laker halftime show, and marched in the Rose parade.  Name a HBCU dance line and or PWI dance line that got more work this year?   Why on earth would they change because of a couple of disgruntled fans on bandhead is bored.  They are clearly doing something right.  Also, you can hear the cat calls, whistles, and cheers from the crowd as they marched.  I think they’re good, the “boring” formula you complain about is clearly working.  

Whatitdosu said:

I doubt either one of them would continue with the boringness that Dani tried to get rid of. The doll style by itself is boring af. Ya'll can sit here and make excuses for them all day if you want to. "Thats the style DEAL WITH IT!" "They dont do all that" "Its tradition!" "I love a classic doll" SAVE IT! Its 2020 and we the people IS BORED HUNNY! It's time to evolve and entertain! Being pretty isn't enough. The Stingettes ran the SWAC! Its not up for debate! But again, who am I? I dont have creative control. I'm just a fan with an opinion.....

Sugamama said:

I am interested in seeing who picks either Jada or Kaylon apart next season and calls them a disappointment if folks unrealistic expectations aren’t met.  It’s one thing to be honest about a performance or uniform, but it is another to operate in confirmation bias. 

I asked a question.  If you read that as downing them, then that’s on you.  I didn’t say it wasn’t a good thing.  I only saw it on Instagram and if the campaign was displayed elsewhere then I am open to that correction.  The Dolls don’t pay any bills. However they are my favorite team and if you go back and read this all stemmed from a font yet again calling them boring.  It is funny when fonts accuse folks of ass kissing and downing other teams when true Doll fans defend the style and how it is embraced by offering exhibits, especially compared to other teams. Fonts can’t consistently call the Dolls boring, dry, etc. and not expect true fans to counter with receipts. No matter what, the Dolls are elite and their endorsements speak volumes. 

Peachyp said:

Guess its better to put down a team to uplift another. When the dolls do something its the best thing since sliced bread but when other teams are consistently being promoted throughout the years its just one promotion. Does the dolls pay bills? If so, I would like to sign up for the ass kissing list.    

Sugamama said:

Other than the MAC instagram campaign, what other features did they have this season?  The designer was LaLa Anthony’s brand. 

Peachyp said:

Truth_Serum said:

Why should they evolve for you! In one season the Dolls booked a campaign with a designer/ brand, did a video with a major pop star, danced during the laker halftime show, and marched in the Rose parade.  Name a HBCU dance line and or PWI dance line that got more work this year?   Why on earth would they change because of a couple of disgruntled fans on bandhead is bored.  They are clearly doing something right.  Also, you can hear the cat calls, whistles, and cheers from the crowd as they marched.  I think they’re good, the “boring” formula you complain about is clearly working.  

Whatitdosu said:

I doubt either one of them would continue with the boringness that Dani tried to get rid of. The doll style by itself is boring af. Ya'll can sit here and make excuses for them all day if you want to. "Thats the style DEAL WITH IT!" "They dont do all that" "Its tradition!" "I love a classic doll" SAVE IT! Its 2020 and we the people IS BORED HUNNY! It's time to evolve and entertain! Being pretty isn't enough. The Stingettes ran the SWAC! Its not up for debate! But again, who am I? I dont have creative control. I'm just a fan with an opinion.....

Sugamama said:

I am interested in seeing who picks either Jada or Kaylon apart next season and calls them a disappointment if folks unrealistic expectations aren’t met.  It’s one thing to be honest about a performance or uniform, but it is another to operate in confirmation bias. 

I support ALL Hbcu’s. I will sincerely apologize for lashing out but its a slap in the face to other hbcus that are also in the limelight. 

The black foxes did amazing at the macy’s day parade no mention, ebony fire were in a magazine spread and in the news no mention, by the way ebony fire will literally be in Rome, Italy and Hbotb in the same month no mention. Jsettes have consistently been in commercials, campaigns, and viral no mention. Stingettes consistently go viral no mention. 14k are on Netflix no mention. Dolls have moments go stagnant then wake up again you ignore other teams as if they only did ONE THING. Whether you like it or not there are teams out there that may not be as popular as the dolls but are just as if not more successful.

Sugamama said:

I asked a question.  If you read that as downing them, then that’s on you.  I didn’t say it wasn’t a good thing.  I only saw it on Instagram and if the campaign was displayed elsewhere then I am open to that correction.  The Dolls don’t pay any bills. However they are my favorite team and if you go back and read this all stemmed from a font yet again calling them boring.  It is funny when fonts accuse folks of ass kissing and downing other teams when true Doll fans defend the style and how it is embraced by offering exhibits, especially compared to other teams. Fonts can’t consistently call the Dolls boring, dry, etc. and not expect true fans to counter with receipts. No matter what, the Dolls are elite and their endorsements speak volumes. 

Peachyp said:

Sugamama said:

Peachyp said:

Truth_Serum said:

Whatitdosu said:

Sugamama said:

I applaud your response,Peachyp! Alabama State marched in the Rose Parade last year!

Peachyp said:

I support ALL Hbcu’s. I will sincerely apologize for lashing out but its a slap in the face to other hbcus that are also in the limelight. 

The black foxes did amazing at the macy’s day parade no mention, ebony fire were in a magazine spread and in the news no mention, by the way ebony fire will literally be in Rome, Italy and Hbotb in the same month no mention. Jsettes have consistently been in commercials, campaigns, and viral no mention. Stingettes consistently go viral no mention. 14k are on Netflix no mention. Dolls have moments go stagnant then wake up again you ignore other teams as if they only did ONE THING. Whether you like it or not there are teams out there that may not be as popular as the dolls but are just as if not more successful.

Sugamama said:

Peachyp said:

Sugamama said:

Peachyp said:

Truth_Serum said:

Whatitdosu said:

Sugamama said:

You better say it! I almost yelled with all those receipts! Love the Dolls, but yes other teams have gotten great opportunities as well. 

Peachyp said:

My original statement was in response to a poster complaining about the style.   I still stand by my statement!  Why would they change it when they have consistently booked gigs.  I clearly said booked this year.   You turned this into something completely different ..   I wish you would keep that same energy in defending the Dolls. Lol

Tiger Trail said:

I applaud your response,Peachyp! Alabama State marched in the Rose Parade last year!

Peachyp said:

Sugamama said:

Peachyp said:

Sugamama said:

Peachyp said:

Truth_Serum said:

Whatitdosu said:

Sugamama said:

I forgot to mention that Orchesis is literally on TV and showcasing the hbcu dance style to the world. I may have mixed up Ebony fire with Ooh la la with the magazine spread but you get the point.  

Drammy04 said:

You better say it! I almost yelled with all those receipts! Love the Dolls, but yes other teams have gotten great opportunities as well. 

Peachyp said:

@peachyp-No problem at all. We are here for passionate, contentious discussion.  

Although you make valid points, I still respectfully disagree because the point reminds me of when people would have conversations about black lives matter but people want to mention that all lives matter.  Have other teams been featured in various projects?  Sure.  Were those projects good for the brand overall? Yes.  However, was the caliber of work this season on the same level with the Dolls? No.  No doubt it was a good look for Ciara to work with the Jsettes.  However, is Ciara as current and popular as Lizzo? No.  Sure, Alabama State marched in the Tournament of Roses parade last year.  However they did not have the same coverage as the Juke, especially since that Lizzo video has been seen over 3 million times in 24 hours of its release, giving the Dolls way more exposure leading up to the parade.  I support HBCUs as well.  I think the Black Foxes are the most underrated team in the SWAC.  However, when comparing the caliber of work the Dolls booked this season alone, they are head and shoulders above other dance lines.  It speaks to the  consistent and palatable branding of the squad.  Honestly I think because the Dolls have been so consistent and palatable that folks LOVE to talk about the “boringness”.  The “boringness” conversation it a way to “stick it” to the Dolls, so to speak.  Just like in real life, people don’t like an individual that is too beautiful, confident, etc. if there is a “flaw” folks will make sure that flaw is mentioned so that the person is pedestal isn’t too high above everyone else.   It grinds peoples gears when the Dolls are called elite, but that branding and caliber of opportunities afforded as a result doesn’t lie. 

Truth_Serum said:

My original statement was in response to a poster complaining about the style.   I still stand by my statement!  Why would they change it when they have consistently booked gigs.  I clearly said booked this year.   You turned this into something completely different ..   I wish you would keep that same energy in defending the Dolls. Lol

Tiger Trail said:

Peachyp said:

Sugamama said:

Peachyp said:

Sugamama said:

Peachyp said:

Truth_Serum said:

Whatitdosu said:

Sugamama said:

This is just my opinion, like it or leave it. But if you see something whether it is tour school or not. Post it don’t want for someone to show tour fave dance team recognition or get upset because one team is getting more attention then the one you like. That is all.

Boom!  All of that!

Sugamama said:

@peachyp-No problem at all. We are here for passionate, contentious discussion.  

Although you make valid points, I still respectfully disagree because the point reminds me of when people would have conversations about black lives matter but people want to mention that all lives matter.  Have other teams been featured in various projects?  Sure.  Were those projects good for the brand overall? Yes.  However, was the caliber of work this season on the same level with the Dolls? No.  No doubt it was a good look for Ciara to work with the Jsettes.  However, is Ciara as current and popular as Lizzo? No.  Sure, Alabama State marched in the Tournament of Roses parade last year.  However they did not have the same coverage as the Juke, especially since that Lizzo video has been seen over 3 million times in 24 hours of its release, giving the Dolls way more exposure leading up to the parade.  I support HBCUs as well.  I think the Black Foxes are the most underrated team in the SWAC.  However, when comparing the caliber of work the Dolls booked this season alone, they are head and shoulders above other dance lines.  It speaks to the  consistent and palatable branding of the squad.  Honestly I think because the Dolls have been so consistent and palatable that folks LOVE to talk about the “boringness”.  The “boringness” conversation it a way to “stick it” to the Dolls, so to speak.  Just like in real life, people don’t like an individual that is too beautiful, confident, etc. if there is a “flaw” folks will make sure that flaw is mentioned so that the person is pedestal isn’t too high above everyone else.   It grinds peoples gears when the Dolls are called elite, but that branding and caliber of opportunities afforded as a result doesn’t lie. 

Truth_Serum said:

Tiger Trail said:

Peachyp said:

Sugamama said:

Peachyp said:

Sugamama said:

Peachyp said:

Truth_Serum said:

Whatitdosu said:

Sugamama said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2020   Created by Marchingsport.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service