Okay you guys! What do you all want to see at the Rose Parade???

Views: 19108

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Interesting....the SU Band & Dolls performed in a parade they have not done in 40 years to what would be mostly new fans and people who have never heard of them and we now have complaints that the Dolls were “lackluster” because they did the same parades formations and routines that made most of you all originally fans of them. They performed to new people not the same people who see them at every football game or watch every performance of them so the same routines that you have seen multiple times was new to mostly everyone else. To personally have seen them this week on a couple performances the Dolls did great and to hear the “new” fans and “not mostly people of color” state how great the Dolls were and how they dance very well and have their phones out recording their every move was definitely great to see. Even though we can wish they “did more” for the events, the Dolls actually did what most of the fans love about them. SU Band and the Dolls did great and I am sure they picked up even more endorsements/events that we will see in the future. 

Quick question? Why have I seen multiple times that Akai danced in ‘04 when she danced for Homecoming with the ‘90 dolls? Does anyone have the correct dates of Akai years? And I like Akai she definitely knew what she was doing with the Social Media approach. 

Oh...and we can go up and down every HBCU dance line and state who they have ALL worked with...those young women have been blessed to worked with the best of the best from Halftime performances with Beyonce to Madonna to music videos with Lizzo, Ciara, Robin Thicke, makeup and apparel endorsements, movies and documentaries ALL within the last 10/15 years and even more to come because the HBCU dancers are the best. Just let these young women live their best college life so they can make the best of what’s to come. 

It was 04-05. There were other early 2000s dolls that danced with 90s. If not mistaken, Tianna was 01. 

Precious said:

Interesting....the SU Band & Dolls performed in a parade they have not done in 40 years to what would be mostly new fans and people who have never heard of them and we now have complaints that the Dolls were “lackluster” because they did the same parades formations and routines that made most of you all originally fans of them. They performed to new people not the same people who see them at every football game or watch every performance of them so the same routines that you have seen multiple times was new to mostly everyone else. To personally have seen them this week on a couple performances the Dolls did great and to hear the “new” fans and “not mostly people of color” state how great the Dolls were and how they dance very well and have their phones out recording their every move was definitely great to see. Even though we can wish they “did more” for the events, the Dolls actually did what most of the fans love about them. SU Band and the Dolls did great and I am sure they picked up even more endorsements/events that we will see in the future. 

Quick question? Why have I seen multiple times that Akai danced in ‘04 when she danced for Homecoming with the ‘90 dolls? Does anyone have the correct dates of Akai years? And I like Akai she definitely knew what she was doing with the Social Media approach. 

Akai danced 2004 and 2005 seasons and was strangely cut for 2006. It was a whole thing back then. Lol. 

I think they went by evolution of the band leadership.  Notice Airee led the post Katrina era Dolls in.  Airee,Akai, and Beal were on Docs last Doll line, but Airee and Beal led the new line in 2006. Airee was Co Captain of the 06 line when Jackson took over.  Beal, who was Captain in 2006, probably wasn't up to lead. 

From there, April and Anjelica led the post Jackson era in as they were the his last  Doll line. Kayla Pittman (first Doll captain under Haymer)  led the team from Mumford and shared it with Stamper. Nobody could lead from Taylor because thse girls were still current Dolls. 

Precious said:

Interesting...I was wondering were Tianna was at for Homecoming. So, she marched and danced with the ‘90s dolls?! Interesting....I wonder what made her do that because she was a big part of the early Dolls especially being the only Doll for ‘01 and being captain early on. 

Diva0409_ said:

It was 04-05. There were other early 2000s dolls that danced with 90s. If not mistaken, Tianna was 01. 

Precious said:

Tianna danced under Doc. Everybody that danced under Doc danced with the 90s, except for Airee and Brittany Beal.  They were Captain /Co Captain the year Mr. Jackson came in 06, so they led the Jackson era in. 

Precious said:

Interesting...I was wondering were Tianna was at for Homecoming. So, she marched and danced with the ‘90s dolls?! Interesting....I wonder what made her do that because she was a big part of the early Dolls especially being the only Doll for ‘01 and being captain early on. 

Diva0409_ said:

Precious said:

I don’t know why I don’t remember Akai in ‘04/05....smh especially since it was a big thing back then. I have to watch some videos...smh. But, I’m going to be completely honest and say I was not into the Dolls around that time as much because they were “lackluster” to me doing that time so I was in and out with watching them and I was super busy with my own life at that time too....lol. And I noticed too how they chose 

SUarchitect said:

Akai danced 2004 and 2005 seasons and was strangely cut for 2006. It was a whole thing back then. Lol. 

I think they went by evolution of the band leadership.  Notice Airee led the post Katrina era Dolls in.  Airee,Akai, and Beal were on Docs last Doll line, but Airee and Beal led the new line in 2006. Airee was Co Captain of the 06 line when Jackson took over.  Beal, who was Captain in 2006, probably wasn't up to lead. 

From there, April and Anjelica led the post Jackson era in as they were the his last  Doll line. Kayla Pittman (first Doll captain under Haymer)  led the team from Mumford and shared it with Stamper. Nobody could lead from Taylor because thse girls were still current Dolls. 

Precious said:

Okay, cool. That’s understandable. The time y’all true fans take out to realize everything....lol. I didn’t even realize that coordination but since it’s pointed out I definitely see it now. 

SUarchitect said:

Tianna danced under Doc. Everybody that danced under Doc danced with the 90s, except for Airee and Brittany Beal.  They were Captain /Co Captain the year Mr. Jackson came in 06, so they led the Jackson era in. 

Precious said:

Diva0409_ said:

Precious said:

There's not a ton of 04 footage, but 2005 was FAR from lackluster!   05 was the year you began to see Dolls in fieldshows without them being cut out, stands in 5th Quarters.  05 was nothing but energy.  The stands were very traditional but they MURKED uptempo songs like nobody's business. And that field work...  Man 05 was THAT year for Dolls lol 

Precious said:

I don’t know why I don’t remember Akai in ‘04/05....smh especially since it was a big thing back then. I have to watch some videos...smh. But, I’m going to be completely honest and say I was not into the Dolls around that time as much because they were “lackluster” to me doing that time so I was in and out with watching them and I was super busy with my own life at that time too....lol. And I noticed too how they chose 

SUarchitect said:

Precious said:

Chile i been around Southern since 2003-2004. It's not even effort at this point,it's just history lol 

Precious said:

Okay, cool. That’s understandable. The time y’all true fans take out to realize everything....lol. I didn’t even realize that coordination but since it’s pointed out I definitely see it now. 

SUarchitect said:

Precious said:

Diva0409_ said:

Precious said:

Okay, cool. I’ll check out the ‘05 footage. 

SUarchitect said:

There's not a ton of 04 footage, but 2005 was FAR from lackluster!   05 was the year you began to see Dolls in fieldshows without them being cut out, stands in 5th Quarters.  05 was nothing but energy.  The stands were very traditional but they MURKED uptempo songs like nobody's business. And that field work...  Man 05 was THAT year for Dolls lol 

Precious said:

SUarchitect said:

Precious said:

Yeah....understand that too....lol

SUarchitect said:

Chile i been around Southern since 2003-2004. It's not even effort at this point,it's just history lol 

Precious said:

SUarchitect said:

Precious said:

Diva0409_ said:

Precious said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2020   Created by Marchingsport.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service