Okay you guys! What do you all want to see at the Rose Parade???

Views: 19395

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yesss! Hoping she takes back over come fall. I’m sorry I love Akai but I can’t take her lol sis is bossy. 

GAPeach said:

D’Tara is there as well. 

Nah. Dtara wasn't engaged enough for the organization , plus Akai works ON campus.  Again, I think Akai seems bossy and overbearing because Micah was a little uncomfortable in her position. That and the staff policing who gets what's view. It's all too much and she shouldn't be responsible for that. 

I don't think i want to see another Akai design after Bayou for a while though lmao 

louisianaboi08 said:

Yesss! Hoping she takes back over come fall. I’m sorry I love Akai but I can’t take her lol sis is bossy. 

GAPeach said:

D’Tara is there as well. 

She might just be a fill-in if Akai can’t make it cause she was also at a game that Akai couldn’t make. 

louisianaboi08 said:

GAPeach said:

D’Tara is there as well. 

Not gonna lie not excited that Micah is leading . I'm just not really wanted Jordan or Gabby or 17! 

Im ... not ... either.  That's terrible.   And i wonder if they are doing the Band Showcase.  Im not sure if it's a fieldshow feature still or just stands, but i really hope they went with With Me.  It was choreographed for 6 ppl originally. It juat makes sense. 

TheStandJudge said:

Not gonna lie not excited that Micah is leading . I'm just not really wanted Jordan or Gabby or 17! 

Me either... smh hopefully she don’t be a bore fest at this parade. This is one of the biggest parades.. Don’t come being all boring. You gotta give them a show! 

TheStandJudge said:

Dtara's approach seemed to give the girls time to develop on their own. It seems they operate best with a bit of a hands off approach honestly. 

I miss Dtara.

SUarchitect said:

Nah. Dtara wasn't engaged enough for the organization , plus Akai works ON campus.  Again, I think Akai seems bossy and overbearing because Micah was a little uncomfortable in her position. That and the staff policing who gets what's view. It's all too much and she shouldn't be responsible for that. 

I don't think i want to see another Akai design after Bayou for a while though lmao 

louisianaboi08 said:

GAPeach said:

D’Tara is there as well. 

Dtaras approach was that she didnt come until Gameday. Dtara was all the way in Lake Charles during the week.  Akai is straightforward but she wasn't dictating their every move.  She was much more a bodyguard against the cameras than she was overbearing on the Dolls IMO. The only time I ever saw her tell the Dolls something was to fix a girl's uniform and redirect them for the Jackson State game after it seems the Jackson State powers that be didn't want any other danceline going up the ramp.  Besides that she was literally a media team director lol.   The choreo has sharpened under Akai compared to when DT led as Director.  Akai wasn't telling Micah to throw a million ripples/canons.  Micah had creative control over the stands and just wasn't the most entertaining.  The field has been consistent the past two years.  Akai being a strong personality (to others) shouldn't dictate her work as a Director.  And the girls literally LOVE her. 

And you have to consider the times in which DT and Akai were Dolls.  Akai was 04 and 05. Wasn't no "development" under Doc.  You went in after auditions and came out a full fledged DOLL.  DT had time to develop because the squads were HUGE.  Akai came from the era of a consistent line the entire season, not no development. Lol 

It's a bit of a learning curve from what we're used to since 2006, but I don't think it's bad at all. Micah just wasn't consistently the strongest leader as it relates to consistent stand energy. Even if she threw the best counts, the constant canons and ripples killed the effect of the song. It wasn't her count selection, it was her choice of delivery of said count selection. And Akai wasn't calling none of those stand sequences. IJS

Now as it relates to the class Doll look. The dressed down tights and tank with tennis shoes.  The return of the high bun. That is Doll era all day. She could have had some influence on that. Again, i don't think that's bad. Dolls gave us a variety of good looks, including dressed down ones, which i love.  I love a good ole high bun in tank and tights.  But creatively i don't think she was that overbearing. 

If y'all think Akai is bad yall would HATE Monique! Lol! 

Mika Smith said:

Dtara's approach seemed to give the girls time to develop on their own. It seems they operate best with a bit of a hands off approach honestly. 

I miss Dtara.

SUarchitect said:

louisianaboi08 said:

GAPeach said:

D’Tara is there as well. 

I ONCE HEARD SOMEONE SAY THAT THE DOLLS DON'T BATTLE.........BUT I SEE THAT BATTLE DOLL IN THE MAKING ......AND IM HERE 4 IT , WITH MY HENN AND NO CHASERS!

Akai and DT are both in LA with the girls per the IG story for the Jukebox. 

To be honest.. I don't know the direction of the Dolls, I do agree with most, they need to go back to the classic doll uniform look,  Idc what anyone says, if the organization wanted to, they could support 3 or 4 uniforms per year..

It will be interesting who makes the Dolls next year, and what they look like.. 

Monique and Bridget were just different sponsors then Dtara and Akai.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2020   Created by Marchingsport.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service