Okay you guys! What do you all want to see at the Rose Parade???

Views: 19395

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I agree. I've said all of these things people are saying about Akai now throughout the season.

Mika Smith said:

Dtara's approach seemed to give the girls time to develop on their own. It seems they operate best with a bit of a hands off approach honestly. 

I miss Dtara.

SUarchitect said:

Nah. Dtara wasn't engaged enough for the organization , plus Akai works ON campus.  Again, I think Akai seems bossy and overbearing because Micah was a little uncomfortable in her position. That and the staff policing who gets what's view. It's all too much and she shouldn't be responsible for that. 

I don't think i want to see another Akai design after Bayou for a while though lmao 

louisianaboi08 said:

Yesss! Hoping she takes back over come fall. I’m sorry I love Akai but I can’t take her lol sis is bossy. 

GAPeach said:

D’Tara is there as well. 

You give Akai a lot of credit and leniency. I think the past two seasons have showcased enough of Akai's presence on the team, which I think has been regressive rather than progressive. She's best as pro re nata chaperone. 

SUarchitect said:

Dtaras approach was that she didnt come until Gameday. Dtara was all the way in Lake Charles during the week.  Akai is straightforward but she wasn't dictating their every move.  She was much more a bodyguard against the cameras than she was overbearing on the Dolls IMO. The only time I ever saw her tell the Dolls something was to fix a girl's uniform and redirect them for the Jackson State game after it seems the Jackson State powers that be didn't want any other danceline going up the ramp.  Besides that she was literally a media team director lol.   The choreo has sharpened under Akai compared to when DT led as Director.  Akai wasn't telling Micah to throw a million ripples/canons.  Micah had creative control over the stands and just wasn't the most entertaining.  The field has been consistent the past two years.  Akai being a strong personality (to others) shouldn't dictate her work as a Director.  And the girls literally LOVE her. 

And you have to consider the times in which DT and Akai were Dolls.  Akai was 04 and 05. Wasn't no "development" under Doc.  You went in after auditions and came out a full fledged DOLL.  DT had time to develop because the squads were HUGE.  Akai came from the era of a consistent line the entire season, not no development. Lol 

It's a bit of a learning curve from what we're used to since 2006, but I don't think it's bad at all. Micah just wasn't consistently the strongest leader as it relates to consistent stand energy. Even if she threw the best counts, the constant canons and ripples killed the effect of the song. It wasn't her count selection, it was her choice of delivery of said count selection. And Akai wasn't calling none of those stand sequences. IJS

Now as it relates to the class Doll look. The dressed down tights and tank with tennis shoes.  The return of the high bun. That is Doll era all day. She could have had some influence on that. Again, i don't think that's bad. Dolls gave us a variety of good looks, including dressed down ones, which i love.  I love a good ole high bun in tank and tights.  But creatively i don't think she was that overbearing. 

If y'all think Akai is bad yall would HATE Monique! Lol! 

Mika Smith said:

Dtara's approach seemed to give the girls time to develop on their own. It seems they operate best with a bit of a hands off approach honestly. 

I miss Dtara.

SUarchitect said:

Nah. Dtara wasn't engaged enough for the organization , plus Akai works ON campus.  Again, I think Akai seems bossy and overbearing because Micah was a little uncomfortable in her position. That and the staff policing who gets what's view. It's all too much and she shouldn't be responsible for that. 

I don't think i want to see another Akai design after Bayou for a while though lmao 

louisianaboi08 said:

Yesss! Hoping she takes back over come fall. I’m sorry I love Akai but I can’t take her lol sis is bossy. 

GAPeach said:

D’Tara is there as well. 

Anyone know why Arianna isn’t there?

Do you all think that Akai and Dtara get along well??

THE JUKES PERFORMED TODAY TO A STANDING OVATION AT THE FIRST AFRICAN METHODIST CHURCH LOS ANGELES......WHAT A POWERFUL SERVICE IN MUSIC, WORSHIP AND PRAISES UNTO GOD AMEN!!! CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR ILLUSTRIOUS BAND DIRECTOR MR KENRICK TAYLOR AND BAND STAFFERS

THIS! I’m so tired of people blaming Micah’s boringness on Akai, even going so far as to say she was telling her the counts to throw. Please stop. The length people will go to justify BS never ceases to surprise me.

SUarchitect said:

Dtaras approach was that she didnt come until Gameday. Dtara was all the way in Lake Charles during the week.  Akai is straightforward but she wasn't dictating their every move.  She was much more a bodyguard against the cameras than she was overbearing on the Dolls IMO. The only time I ever saw her tell the Dolls something was to fix a girl's uniform and redirect them for the Jackson State game after it seems the Jackson State powers that be didn't want any other danceline going up the ramp.  Besides that she was literally a media team director lol.   The choreo has sharpened under Akai compared to when DT led as Director.  Akai wasn't telling Micah to throw a million ripples/canons.  Micah had creative control over the stands and just wasn't the most entertaining.  The field has been consistent the past two years.  Akai being a strong personality (to others) shouldn't dictate her work as a Director.  And the girls literally LOVE her. 

And you have to consider the times in which DT and Akai were Dolls.  Akai was 04 and 05. Wasn't no "development" under Doc.  You went in after auditions and came out a full fledged DOLL.  DT had time to develop because the squads were HUGE.  Akai came from the era of a consistent line the entire season, not no development. Lol 

It's a bit of a learning curve from what we're used to since 2006, but I don't think it's bad at all. Micah just wasn't consistently the strongest leader as it relates to consistent stand energy. Even if she threw the best counts, the constant canons and ripples killed the effect of the song. It wasn't her count selection, it was her choice of delivery of said count selection. And Akai wasn't calling none of those stand sequences. IJS

Now as it relates to the class Doll look. The dressed down tights and tank with tennis shoes.  The return of the high bun. That is Doll era all day. She could have had some influence on that. Again, i don't think that's bad. Dolls gave us a variety of good looks, including dressed down ones, which i love.  I love a good ole high bun in tank and tights.  But creatively i don't think she was that overbearing. 

I dont see regression from the lines.  I see a more consistent styling and look for the line, although some see it as boring - i think that's the area where Micah had creative control. I see FLAWLESS field work.  The best since 2013.   Y'all don't like Akai, and that's fine.  WE don't have to like her.  She's not here for us. She's here for THEM, and THEY love her.  

I think the beef is that people won't be all in the Dolls faces like they used to be.  Akai has brought back the exclusivity and Stan's can't stand it.  That has EVERYTHING to do with them and nothing to do with Akai and the Dolls. Lol.  Just my take on it. 

P.H. said:

You give Akai a lot of credit and leniency. I think the past two seasons have showcased enough of Akai's presence on the team, which I think has been regressive rather than progressive. She's best as pro re nata chaperone. 

SUarchitect said:

Mika Smith said:

I miss Dtara.

SUarchitect said:

louisianaboi08 said:

GAPeach said:

D’Tara is there as well. 

I just see it as people have problems with strong female personalities. Especially when you can't get the information to keep these imaginary storylines going.  Lol.    "Akai is mean.  Akai is rude. Akai is overbearing. Whew chile I'm sick of Akai. Jordan is unhappy.  " 

The only thing we know is Akai runs a tight ship and ain't shit leaving that Doll room. That's how it should be.  Outside of those leotards and character heels on a performance day, their lives are private.  Exactly why Akai made them make a totally separate IG for their Doll photos.  Exactly why Akai made their photos for the introduction of the line PROFESSIONAL HEADSHOTS. Because there is real life outside of Doll and Bandhead and  shady YouTube reviews/gossip channels. The difference between a Dr. Smith as sponsor and other ppl or laxed sponsors is the drama this season with those other dancelines ... I'll leave that there.  

Drammy04 said:

THIS! I’m so tired of people blaming Micah’s boringness on Akai, even going so far as to say she was telling her the counts to throw. Please stop. The length people will go to justify BS never ceases to surprise me.

SUarchitect said:

Meanwhile, the Dolls make history again! They absolutely killed the Laker’s halftime show. I love this routine, they where so clean! Technically, they are the best I’ve seen in years! Kudos to another strong and consistent season!

You better say that!  And after the mess that went on this season in the SWAC that folks are now to using collecting Youtube checks from, folk are REALLY gonna hate Akai. Its no way in hell she is going to let the Dolls get involved in a social media disaster like we seen this past season.  That ship is going to be even more tight! 

NOT ON HER WATCH. 

SUarchitect said:

I just see it as people have problems with strong female personalities. Especially when you can't get the information to keep these imaginary storylines going.  Lol.    "Akai is mean.  Akai is rude. Akai is overbearing. Whew chile I'm sick of Akai. Jordan is unhappy.  " 

The only thing we know is Akai runs a tight ship and ain't shit leaving that Doll room. That's how it should be.  Outside of those leotards and character heels on a performance day, their lives are private.  Exactly why Akai made them make a totally separate IG for their Doll photos.  Exactly why Akai made their photos for the introduction of the line PROFESSIONAL HEADSHOTS. Because there is real life outside of Doll and Bandhead and  shady YouTube reviews/gossip channels. The difference between a Dr. Smith as sponsor and other ppl or laxed sponsors is the drama this season with those other dancelines ... I'll leave that there.  

Drammy04 said:

SUarchitect said:

THE JUKEBOX/DOLLS ARE NOW IN FULL EFFECT MODE WITH TAKEOVER OF CALI, WITH A MOST RESOUNDING CHEERING STANDING OVATION AT THE LOS ANGELES LAKERS GAME LAST NIGHT! EXCELLENT JOB JUKEBOX NATION FOR A JOB WELL DONE........GEAUX JUKES

Lol, and I am here for it. 

Sugamama said:

You better say that!  And after the mess that went on this season in the SWAC that folks are now to using collecting Youtube checks from, folk are REALLY gonna hate Akai. Its no way in hell she is going to let the Dolls get involved in a social media disaster like we seen this past season.  That ship is going to be even more tight! 

NOT ON HER WATCH. 

SUarchitect said:

Drammy04 said:

SUarchitect said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2020   Created by Marchingsport.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service