Views: 29140

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Admittedly, the footage lulled me to sleep last night. I caught myself drifting when I resumed watching it this morning. My immediate thought after watching the footage is--underwhelmed. What happened during the march out? It's usually a high-spirited, onlooker-centric, show and stunt production. I wanted to see the Dolls we saw at Crankfest to a heightened degree. We didn't get that at all. The Settes let these girls have it at Boombox Classic. Are they just done with the season?

I feel like they can’t even be as exciting as they normally are because the directors are doing the most around them. Just too much commotion. 

P.H. said:

Admittedly, the footage lulled me to sleep last night. I caught myself drifting when I resumed watching it this morning. My immediate thought after watching the footage is--underwhelmed. What happened during the march out? It's usually a high-spirited, onlooker-centric, show and stunt production. I wanted to see the Dolls we saw at Crankfest to a heightened degree. We didn't get that at all. The Settes let these girls have it at Boombox Classic. Are they just done with the season?

Last night was a showcase of the lack of energy and spirit that the band and dolls has had over the season. It’s ok to like being poised and mature in style. I think we’ve seen great examples of that throughout the past years. BUT THIS! This is making me sad. I was ready to go home after the second round. They lacked energy and it felt less like a battle and more like a traditional showcase. I watched how the Dolls looked bored themselves. It also seemed like Micah was taking direction. For a few songs she mainly through traditional counts. The stand dance routines were whack too. If you’re going to have a dance routine to a mid tempo, please use new counts and not the same ones we’ve seen in every other stand routine. Hopefully today’s game will make up for last night. The uniform looked amazing from the stands. There were lost of adjustments happening though. I wonder if they’ll fix it or will we just never see this one again. 

I've gotten a lot of pushback from posters on the board for facetiously making claims that Akai is the de facto captain, and Micah is just a figurehead. 

masemarcher said:

Last night was a showcase of the lack of energy and spirit that the band and dolls has had over the season. It’s ok to like being poised and mature in style. I think we’ve seen great examples of that throughout the past years. BUT THIS! This is making me sad. I was ready to go home after the second round. They lacked energy and it felt less like a battle and more like a traditional showcase. I watched how the Dolls looked bored themselves. It also seemed like Micah was taking direction. For a few songs she mainly through traditional counts. The stand dance routines were whack too. If you’re going to have a dance routine to a mid tempo, please use new counts and not the same ones we’ve seen in every other stand routine. Hopefully today’s game will make up for last night. The uniform looked amazing from the stands. There were lost of adjustments happening though. I wonder if they’ll fix it or will we just never see this one again. 

Going forward, I don't think that's going to sustain itself. Eventually, it will erupt, as we've seen with other teams. When it's showtime, let the team breathe and govern itself. 

P.H. said:

I've gotten a lot of pushback from posters on the board for facetiously making claims that Akai is the de facto captain, and Micah is just a figurehead. 

masemarcher said:

Last night made 2006 Dolls look entertaining and lively.  Micah has out 2006'ed 2006.  Anybody could have led Bayou last night and I would have been happy.  She threw a damn ripple on IDGAF ... WHO DOES THAT !?  

masemarcher said:

You might be on to something.  It definitely looked like Akai was telling Micah which sequence 
to call.  
P.H. said:

Going forward, I don't think that's going to sustain itself. Eventually, it will erupt, as we've seen with other teams. When it's showtime, let the team breathe and govern itself. 

P.H. said:

masemarcher said:

I honestly think Micah is uncomfortable leading. I don't think Akai is that controlling.  They didn't have sponsors that hands on when they were Dolls in 04-05.  Micah is just bad at determining how to deliver the stands unless it's a sequence. 

Truth_Serum said:

You might be on to something.  It definitely looked like Akai was telling Micah which sequence 
to call.  
P.H. said:

P.H. said:

masemarcher said:

Yes! Let these girls cut up!

P.H. said:

P.H. said:

masemarcher said:

I agree. I also don’t think she feels the music when she’s out front because she may be focusing on other things. She doesn’t know her music, which also contributes to late starts etc. I just think her nerves get the best of her.

SUarchitect said:

I honestly think Micah is uncomfortable leading. I don't think Akai is that controlling.  They didn't have sponsors that hands on when they were Dolls in 04-05.  Micah is just bad at determining how to deliver the stands unless it's a sequence. 

Truth_Serum said:

to call.  
P.H. said:

P.H. said:

masemarcher said:

I found myself bored with them last night. It was ripple after ripple. Lyric on the other handle.. I was really excited to see her.

SUarchitect said:

Last night made 2006 Dolls look entertaining and lively.  Micah has out 2006'ed 2006.  Anybody could have led Bayou last night and I would have been happy.  She threw a damn ripple on IDGAF ... WHO DOES THAT !?  

masemarcher said:

I agree with what you said about Micah but there’s a video clip that shows it.  I didn’t want to believe it at first but there’s something there. 

SUarchitect said:

Truth_Serum said:

to call.  
P.H. said:

P.H. said:

masemarcher said:

RSS

© 2020   Created by Marchingsport.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service