Views: 28965

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

I think if anything Akai was telling them to switch rows for the front.  Akai has other stuff to do. Shes the Dean of Students lol 

Truth_Serum said:

I agree with what you said about Micah but there’s a video clip that shows it.  I didn’t want to believe it at first but there’s something there. 

SUarchitect said:

I honestly think Micah is uncomfortable leading. I don't think Akai is that controlling.  They didn't have sponsors that hands on when they were Dolls in 04-05.  Micah is just bad at determining how to deliver the stands unless it's a sequence. 

Truth_Serum said:

You might be on to something.  It definitely looked like Akai was telling Micah which sequence 
to call.  
P.H. said:

Going forward, I don't think that's going to sustain itself. Eventually, it will erupt, as we've seen with other teams. When it's showtime, let the team breathe and govern itself. 

P.H. said:

I've gotten a lot of pushback from posters on the board for facetiously making claims that Akai is the de facto captain, and Micah is just a figurehead. 

masemarcher said:

Last night was a showcase of the lack of energy and spirit that the band and dolls has had over the season. It’s ok to like being poised and mature in style. I think we’ve seen great examples of that throughout the past years. BUT THIS! This is making me sad. I was ready to go home after the second round. They lacked energy and it felt less like a battle and more like a traditional showcase. I watched how the Dolls looked bored themselves. It also seemed like Micah was taking direction. For a few songs she mainly through traditional counts. The stand dance routines were whack too. If you’re going to have a dance routine to a mid tempo, please use new counts and not the same ones we’ve seen in every other stand routine. Hopefully today’s game will make up for last night. The uniform looked amazing from the stands. There were lost of adjustments happening though. I wonder if they’ll fix it or will we just never see this one again. 

Lol

SUarchitect said:

I think if anything Akai was telling them to switch rows for the front.  Akai has other stuff to do. Shes the Dean of Students lol 

Truth_Serum said:

I agree with what you said about Micah but there’s a video clip that shows it.  I didn’t want to believe it at first but there’s something there. 

SUarchitect said:

I honestly think Micah is uncomfortable leading. I don't think Akai is that controlling.  They didn't have sponsors that hands on when they were Dolls in 04-05.  Micah is just bad at determining how to deliver the stands unless it's a sequence. 

Truth_Serum said:

You might be on to something.  It definitely looked like Akai was telling Micah which sequence 
to call.  
P.H. said:

Going forward, I don't think that's going to sustain itself. Eventually, it will erupt, as we've seen with other teams. When it's showtime, let the team breathe and govern itself. 

P.H. said:

I've gotten a lot of pushback from posters on the board for facetiously making claims that Akai is the de facto captain, and Micah is just a figurehead. 

masemarcher said:

Last night was a showcase of the lack of energy and spirit that the band and dolls has had over the season. It’s ok to like being poised and mature in style. I think we’ve seen great examples of that throughout the past years. BUT THIS! This is making me sad. I was ready to go home after the second round. They lacked energy and it felt less like a battle and more like a traditional showcase. I watched how the Dolls looked bored themselves. It also seemed like Micah was taking direction. For a few songs she mainly through traditional counts. The stand dance routines were whack too. If you’re going to have a dance routine to a mid tempo, please use new counts and not the same ones we’ve seen in every other stand routine. Hopefully today’s game will make up for last night. The uniform looked amazing from the stands. There were lost of adjustments happening though. I wonder if they’ll fix it or will we just never see this one again. 

So on another note besides Micah's underwhelming performance; can we talk about Grambling Orchesis's uh ... Look ? 

I personally think their overall presentation, count delivery, hair, uniforms slightly... Uh ... Tacky. 

Baabay! Miss Lyric ate last night. The dolls looked like they did not want to be there. Kaylon, Cam, Taneria blonde crab and Gabby were on one! I wish Micah took turns letting the other girls lead, because Miss Lyric had new material and were giving it to the dolls. 

All in all the botb was underwhelming however Grambling sounded good and Orchesis were jammin all night. 

Note: I don’t think Akai is giving direction, Micah just doesn’t the have musicality for throwing stands. 

@suarchitect: the Orchesis looked a whole mess from top to bottom in my opinion. I am not seeing how they “ate” anything last night. Their uniforms were a mess, they bopped between emulating Jsettes and Stings all night and those formations had me confused.

They usually serve looks. So I was shocked that they were casually dressed.  I didn’t hate it, but it seems more like something they would normally wear at pep rallies. 

SUarchitect said:

So on another note besides Micah's underwhelming performance; can we talk about Grambling Orchesis's uh ... Look ? 

I personally think their overall presentation, count delivery, hair, uniforms slightly... Uh ... Tacky. 

Yea. I definitely saw Micah nodding her head to someone during a song. 

They served looks literally ONE year.  That strut I with the shades even though we were inside the Dome.  Lol. They had nice uniforms the last two years. That's all. But even then they don't sell SWAC dance team to me.  The hair is always terrible. The choreo is tacky as hell - and they're supposed to be a dance COMPANY.  They just give me "deep country come up but never been nowhere". 

Love Dance said:

They usually serve looks. So I was shocked that they were casually dressed.  I didn’t hate it, but it seems more like something they would normally wear at pep rallies. 

SUarchitect said:

So on another note besides Micah's underwhelming performance; can we talk about Grambling Orchesis's uh ... Look ? 

I personally think their overall presentation, count delivery, hair, uniforms slightly... Uh ... Tacky. 

So it's not just me. Lol.  I don't get the appeal or why anybody auditions for them. They need a total overhaul. 

Sugamama said:

@suarchitect: the Orchesis looked a whole mess from top to bottom in my opinion. I am not seeing how they “ate” anything last night. Their uniforms were a mess, they bopped between emulating Jsettes and Stings all night and those formations had me confused.

Outside of football season, the Orchesis are amazing!  The dance company puts on some awesome productions.  I think they are going through an identity crisis.  They don’t know if they want to be Stingettes, J-Settes, or Passionsttes in the stands.  In my opinion, they strayed to far away from their style.  

SUarchitect said:

So it's not just me. Lol.  I don't get the appeal or why anybody auditions for them. They need a total overhaul. 

Sugamama said:

@suarchitect: the Orchesis looked a whole mess from top to bottom in my opinion. I am not seeing how they “ate” anything last night. Their uniforms were a mess, they bopped between emulating Jsettes and Stings all night and those formations had me confused.

Best hair: Kaylon- perfect length & the curls weren’t too tight. Other than that, i don’t know how I feel about everything else. 

RSS

© 2020   Created by Marchingsport.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service