Views: 29176

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

There’s room for both. All Garrett had to do was continue to make vids of the band. Nobody cared about those girls getting filmed until Marvin got those Adele numbers, the staff has been an issue for a minute. I have no doubt Akai actually genuinely cares about the girls and so do the directors, but they need to have a come to Jesus and quick about how they need them to be handled. They should have their game faces on just like everybody else when they walk into the stadium. If you don’t want Marvin filming, either tell him no or deal with it. It looks tacky when they snip at him like that.

Love Dance said:

I wondered this because some of the comments on YT. It’ll be a Doll highlight video and there will be people in the comments wanting the focus to be on the band.

Lisa McDaniel said:

It’s not even like they’re an afterthought, it’s like the band resents  them for taking shine that they get anyway, and they’ve resented it for a long time and now they are able to do something about it.

sidenote: I actually liked their field show. 
xavier said:

Nobody and I mean Nobody said nothing about this piece of mess. The reason why I personally respected Haymer was because the band and the dolls were a packages deal...Yet you have Mr. Taylor which I will be honest is really bringing down the program and now it's clear the Dolls are becoming an AFTER THOUGHT

Isnt the jukebox youtube focused on the band. 

Folks act like they cant skip comments sometimes..

I do see where people complain sometimes if the dolls are mentioned.

Love Dance said:

I wondered this because some of the comments on YT. It’ll be a Doll highlight video and there will be people in the comments wanting the focus to be on the band.

Lisa McDaniel said:

It’s not even like they’re an afterthought, it’s like the band resents  them for taking shine that they get anyway, and they’ve resented it for a long time and now they are able to do something about it.

xavier said:

Nobody and I mean Nobody said nothing about this piece of mess. The reason why I personally respected Haymer was because the band and the dolls were a packages deal...Yet you have Mr. Taylor which I will be honest is really bringing down the program and now it's clear the Dolls are becoming an AFTER THOUGHT

I totally agree!

Lisa McDaniel said:

There’s room for both. All Garrett had to do was continue to make vids of the band. Nobody cared about those girls getting filmed until Marvin got those Adele numbers, the staff has been an issue for a minute. I have no doubt Akai actually genuinely cares about the girls and so do the directors, but they need to have a come to Jesus and quick about how they need them to be handled. They should have their game faces on just like everybody else when they walk into the stadium. If you don’t want Marvin filming, either tell him no or deal with it. It looks tacky when they snip at him like that.

Love Dance said:

Lisa McDaniel said:

xavier said:

The program overall is a bore. The band song selections haven't been good and I got bored by their third performance. The dolls well the dolls had a regular ole doll season. I can tell you that Hyamer cared both about the band and the dolls and you can tell by the years he was in charge. I'll just say this season was an offseason for the program.

Love Dance said:

Lisa McDaniel said:

xavier said:

Girl, you’re so annoying. Stop forcing Gabby on us. Damn! 

Mika Smith said:

Technical doesnt mean good or entertaining though. I think it pales in comparison to last years botb performance. 

The only halftime performance Ive really liked this season was the one for the 50th.

Truth_Serum said:

That field routine was technically superior to anything from last year and I loved the routines from last year.  The uniform, meh.  Not an atrocity...   they could’ve saved the white uniform for the bayou classic and debuted this one at the Boombox Classic.  

Mika Smith said:

I dont like the uniform or that halftime routine. 

Everything is such a downgrade from last year, from the band on down. What has happened?

Before we go down the rabbit hole and completely castrate the administration, I got another theory. I think they are being rude to other media and blocking footage because they recognize the Dolls are a cash cow. They monetized the Dolls YouTube channel and will start marketing and or securing partnerships with brands. The views alone from Doll videos can generate enough funds to pay for uniforms for a season.

They even made the Dolls create separate pages, it’s a money grab folks!

You will be alright.

BandJunkee said:

Mika Smith said:

Technical doesnt mean good or entertaining though. I think it pales in comparison to last years botb performance. 

The only halftime performance Ive really liked this season was the one for the 50th.

Truth_Serum said:

That field routine was technically superior to anything from last year and I loved the routines from last year.  The uniform, meh.  Not an atrocity...   they could’ve saved the white uniform for the bayou classic and debuted this one at the Boombox Classic.  

Mika Smith said:

Everything is such a downgrade from last year, from the band on down. What has happened?

I wish they didn’t have to march out in the capes. I felt like Micah wanted to do more on the March out, but was restricted because of the cape. They are struggling to keep them on.

https://youtu.be/OPhcvrn2hhQ

The thing is being rude turns the fans completely off from watching it from their channel. Some of these media teams like Marvin and TRIN did what the jukebox was supposed to do ages ago. Revoking passes, being rude to them does not help Southern and they also know how to shoot the girls better than Southern media team.

Truth_Serum said:

Before we go down the rabbit hole and completely castrate the administration, I got another theory. I think they are being rude to other media and blocking footage because they recognize the Dolls are a cash cow. They monetized the Dolls YouTube channel and will start marketing and or securing partnerships with brands. The views alone from Doll videos can generate enough funds to pay for uniforms for a season.

Not trying to start trouble.. But if Haymer stole over 200,000.. The Dolls should not have trouble with 4 to 5 uniforms a year... And from what people say Tye does not charge a lot... 

I just think Micah got on the team, and thought the Dolls were going to be getting uniforms out the ying yang.. And that did not happen... This uniform looks very cheaply made and high schoolish... No offense it's feel like the uniform was talk about this week and made this week..and delivered riht before Halftime...

Southern doesn't want to hire Tye.

xavier said:

Not trying to start trouble.. But if Haymer stole over 200,000.. The Dolls should not have trouble with 4 to 5 uniforms a year... And from what people say Tye does not charge a lot... 

Lmao.  Lol. 

BandJunkee said:

Mika Smith said:

Truth_Serum said:

Mika Smith said:

RSS

© 2020   Created by Marchingsport.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service