Views: 28963

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

You won’t get a break. Some stans will tear the captain down no matter who it is. It’s unfortunate.

Drammy04 said:

I agree. Hopefully if Kaylon gets it, well get a break from these psychotic, super-invested stans since she’s still pretty much an enigma, while being neutral. Then again... nah, they’ll tear her apart too. It’s sad really. I can see why the band is yanking these girls from the spotlight and beefing up security. I really just wanna scream “ SHE DOESN'T EVEN KNOW YOU!!!!!!!!” 

Mika Smith said:

Its just too much.

In some ways Micah reminded me of stamper, then Taneria, now possibly Jada?

When there are reminders, then there are comparisons which leads to someone falling short. 

I just think its best when the captains have a unique identity.

What's happening? said:

What's wrong with her reminding you of Stamper? 

Mika Smith said:

Im not 100% sold on either Jada or Kaylon upfront, BUT Id give Kaylon the edge because she doesnt remind me of Dannie. Jada used to not either, but it was something about seeing her upfront that made me think Dannie 3.0. I really love how Kaylon moves her body and her dance style is more unique to herself meaning she doesnt remind me of anyone, however, I wouldnt imagine much excitement or creativity with her upfront or Jada really.

I could be wrong on both though.

I agree. Jada used to be one of the best in terms of form in the stands since her crab year. I think she can reel it in though. Just like I liked Stamper way better during her captain years after she stopped all that damn bouncing. 

SUarchitect said:

Jada let the energy get to her and lost all form.  She's definitely my choice for Captain but I don't wanna see that next season. Lol.   She can finesse a count for any mood and has a good sense of how to deliver a count for the mood/phrasing. Idk ... I didn't like this.  It's SUPER early though. 

I did hear Seara's name a lot when it came to Jordan, but I dont recall hearing her when it came to Dannie.

I dont think its bad but if you are not really about making sure to create your own lane then its not good. 

Again, this was my first time ever seeing Jada dance and thinking Dannie.

What's happening? said:

I can understand that but take in mind that Stamper was called Little Seaera for two years even her a couple of games as her first year as captain. She made her own identity as a captain. I don't think it's a bad thing to remind people of a certain doll the issue is when people expect for the person to be exactly like the person they are comparing them to. Even Jordan was called little Seaera and she created her own identity. They just need to step out of that box. Don't count Jada out because she reminds you of Stamper. Alot of dolls from now on will remind you of her because the dolls line from now on is her legacy.

Mika Smith said:

Its just too much.

When there are reminders, then there are comparisons which leads to someone falling short. 

What's happening? said:

Mika Smith said:

Im not 100% sold on either Jada or Kaylon upfront, BUT Id give Kaylon the edge because she doesnt remind me of Dannie. Jada used to not either, but it was something about seeing her upfront that made me think Dannie 3.0. I really love how Kaylon moves her body and her dance style is more unique to herself meaning she doesnt remind me of anyone, however, I wouldnt imagine much excitement or creativity with her upfront or Jada really.

I finally got a chance to see this clip of Jada at regular volume now that I'm off.  Jada did a really good job leading.  This is gonna be reaaally tough next season.  In a perfect world, I'd love to see Jada's presence up front, but with Kaylon's execution of stands. 

And im loving this higher cut coming back to the uniforms.  Please make this a thing again. Makes everybody look like adults lol 

I mean we all have our opinions and favs, but they are worse than sports fans! I truly do thing the comments online and behavior of stans at games is why they are closing the ranks. No other team goes through this but the Dolls, and the Stingettes to a smaller degree, although it’s getting worse. And it’s really toxic masculinity doing it. And no you don’t have to straight to be toxic. It’s rarely the girls/women going batshit crazy over some young women dancing. 

Love Dance said:

You won’t get a break. Some stans will tear the captain down no matter who it is. It’s unfortunate.

I definitely agree with this.

Drammy04 said:

I mean we all have our opinions and favs, but they are worse than sports fans! I truly do thing the comments online and behavior of stans at games is why they are closing the ranks. No other team goes through this but the Dolls, and the Stingettes to a smaller degree, although it’s getting worse. And it’s really toxic masculinity doing it. And no you don’t have to straight to be toxic. It’s rarely the girls/women going batshit crazy over some young women dancing. 

Love Dance said:

Lol, you have to definitely look back at video's before Stamper became captain, you can even look on here around that time. Before Jordan it was Stamper. Stamper came out of that box which is why you don't know that they use to call her little Seaera. The comments were always like 'Stamper gives me nothing but energy like Sea." "When she becomes captain we'll get that Sea energy back." "She reminds me so much of Sea especially now that her hair is blonde." Dannie was the original little Sea. Well the first time Dannie lead that's all people said was that she reminded them of Sea. It's Jada first time you can never know.

Mika Smith said:

I did hear Seara's name a lot when it came to Jordan, but I dont recall hearing her when it came to Dannie.

I dont think its bad but if you are not really about making sure to create your own lane then its not good. 

What's happening? said:

I can understand that but take in mind that Stamper was called Little Seaera for two years even her a couple of games as her first year as captain. She made her own identity as a captain. I don't think it's a bad thing to remind people of a certain doll the issue is when people expect for the person to be exactly like the person they are comparing them to. Even Jordan was called little Seaera and she created her own identity. They just need to step out of that box. Don't count Jada out because she reminds you of Stamper. Alot of dolls from now on will remind you of her because the dolls line from now on is her legacy.

Mika Smith said:

Its just too much.

What's happening? said:

Mika Smith said:

I think it was nerves.  DNS’s probably been waiting half her life for that moment.  Lol

Kane Yasuo Meyers said:

I agree. Jada used to be one of the best in terms of form in the stands since her crab year. I think she can reel it in though. Just like I liked Stamper way better during her captain years after she stopped all that damn bouncing. 

SUarchitect said:

Jada let the energy get to her and lost all form.  She's definitely my choice for Captain but I don't wanna see that next season. Lol.   She can finesse a count for any mood and has a good sense of how to deliver a count for the mood/phrasing. Idk ... I didn't like this.  It's SUPER early though. 

I get what you are saying. I do think it’s up to each captain to leave their own mark and I hate when people get mad when the captains aren’t carbon copies of their captain. There are some things that will always remind us of previous captains. Whiskey for example always reminds me of April, no matter who is up front. People always remember her counts.

Mika Smith said:

What's happening? said:

Mika Smith said:

Its just too much.

What's happening? said:

Mika Smith said:

Guhh Golden Delight was a bore fest this year compared to previous years, that band is trash also! They can’t even make it across a damn field!!! Meac ass band 
Hi I'm Aggiehead call me Mother said:

Damn right, either sqaud can come get this work.. Golden Delight is like the big boss in the video games this other sqauds have to work their way up to us... 

D said:

Doesn't matter, Dolls or GG's, Golden Delight will upstage either squad!

Joe Moore said:

If Southern wins next week, it's Golden Delight vs. the Dolls! I hope Southern wins!

Right! I’m all for opinions and critiques. But, people do the absolute most.

Drammy04 said:

Love Dance said:

I actually watched again and changed my perspective.  She did a great job with count selection, i think between the hair and ruffled shoulder I got lost in the sauce lmao.  She's spunky, which would be a welcome change to this season.   I just very much prefer Kaylon's stand execution.  I really hope we get a Co Cap next season. 

Kane Yasuo Meyers said:

SUarchitect said:

RSS

© 2020   Created by Marchingsport.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service