Views: 28966

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

(Ignoring the uniform) I actually liked the halftime routine...and I think it's mostly because the Dolls were all visibly putting in work and having fun, which helped upgrade the choreography. The problem is, IDK if this is one I'm gonna care to go back and watch in the future (which has been the main issue for all their original routines this season, sans homecoming).

Also, I always viewed Jada one of the so-so field performers, but she's kinda snuck up and has been a pleasant surprise on the field this season. She's clearly been putting in work behind the scenes...great improvement and makes me even more interested in the prospect of her as captain.

If Southern wins next week, it's Golden Delight vs. the Dolls! I hope Southern wins!

I’m glad y’all are finally seeing that the leadership this year is bringing our girls down. TBH, Micah is a great dancer and deserved to have a great season, with things turning around from 2018’s lackluster season. There SEEMED to had been way too much hands in the cookie jar from leadership. 

TBH, that uniform isn’t bad. It looks too baggy on Cam. I actually like it. It’s not my favorite one, but it’s like a shirt that grows on you: the more you look at it, the more it looks good. 

She’s a great dancer and leadership may have been off, but I still say that she didn’t look comfortable in that position.

BandJunkee said:

I’m glad y’all are finally seeing that the leadership this year is bringing our girls down. TBH, Micah is a great dancer and deserved to have a great season, with things turning around from 2018’s lackluster season. There SEEMED to had been way too much hands in the cookie jar from leadership. 

I think Taylor likes and cares about the Dolls in a more abstract, passive sense. But it's very apparent in their presentation over the last 2 seasons (but even more so this year) that he doesn't hold them up with the band as an equally important part of the Jukebox brand.

And thing is, I wasn't the biggest fan of Haymer's vision with the Dolls and the direction they went under him and DT/April....but at least he had a vision. lol

xavier said:

Nobody and I mean Nobody said nothing about this piece of mess. The reason why I personally respected Haymer was because the band and the dolls were a packages deal...Yet you have Mr. Taylor which I will be honest is really bringing down the program and now it's clear the Dolls are becoming an AFTER THOUGHT

It’s not even like they’re an afterthought, it’s like the band resents  them for taking shine that they get anyway, and they’ve resented it for a long time and now they are able to do something about it.

sidenote: I actually liked their field show. 
xavier said:

Nobody and I mean Nobody said nothing about this piece of mess. The reason why I personally respected Haymer was because the band and the dolls were a packages deal...Yet you have Mr. Taylor which I will be honest is really bringing down the program and now it's clear the Dolls are becoming an AFTER THOUGHT

I think he does care, but he’s not overly concerned. I’m just glad he’s not like Dr. O from ASU. He’s heavily involved!

nsuking2005 said:

I think Taylor likes and cares about the Dolls in a more abstract, passive sense. But it's very apparent in their presentation over the last 2 seasons (but even more so this year) that he doesn't hold them up with the band as an equally important part of the Jukebox brand.

And thing is, I wasn't the biggest fan of Haymer's vision with the Dolls and the direction they went under him and DT/April....but at least he had a vision. lol

xavier said:

The problem with the uniform is that it looks catalog with shoulder accent.. The Dolls have turn catalog uniforms into something no other team has been able to do.. So to have something that looked honestly incomplete is crazy

Idk. I just feel like the Dolls need to get back to basics.. Hair make-up, UNIFORMS.. Natural beauties.

I wondered this because some of the comments on YT. It’ll be a Doll highlight video and there will be people in the comments wanting the focus to be on the band.

Lisa McDaniel said:

It’s not even like they’re an afterthought, it’s like the band resents  them for taking shine that they get anyway, and they’ve resented it for a long time and now they are able to do something about it.

sidenote: I actually liked their field show. 
xavier said:

Doesn't matter, Dolls or GG's, Golden Delight will upstage either squad!

Joe Moore said:

If Southern wins next week, it's Golden Delight vs. the Dolls! I hope Southern wins!

Technical doesnt mean good or entertaining though. I think it pales in comparison to last years botb performance. 

The only halftime performance Ive really liked this season was the one for the 50th.

Truth_Serum said:

That field routine was technically superior to anything from last year and I loved the routines from last year.  The uniform, meh.  Not an atrocity...   they could’ve saved the white uniform for the bayou classic and debuted this one at the Boombox Classic.  

Mika Smith said:

I dont like the uniform or that halftime routine. 

Everything is such a downgrade from last year, from the band on down. What has happened?

RSS

© 2020   Created by Marchingsport.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service