Views: 29176

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Thank you! Some people in here lyin!!!!

Reminder:

Finesse 101 said:

THE NEW UNIFORM should be called HOT YELLOW MESS for all the BLIND aplogetic SU fans who think they know what a CLASSIC VINTAGE STYLE is. 

Yeah the DD4L fans are going to implode when if Airielle makes captain in ‘21. Some of the craziest in the bunch are already saying Cam should be captain next year (over ‘17?? TUH I think TF NOT) and writing entire dissertations about Cam’s DD4L experience as if that makes her an automatic shoe in. I don’t think the rabid fandom or perceived reactions should have a huge influence captain selections. I think the backlash from last year played a role in how things played out this year, and I think many would agree that that was not the best decision. I’m over the nepotism and special treatment due to factors that have nothing to do with dancing or being a Doll!

Glammy08 said:

This Airielle convo does lead me to a few questions though. It seems that we all in this forum consistently feel that Airielle is the best choice for captain out of 18’. I am concerned however that it’ll be a repeat of Gabby’s backlash times 10 because of Cam’s fan base. I’d hate for her to have to deal with that when the time comes but I really am expecting them to act a fool. Thoughts? 

TBH....I don't believe Cam wants to be Captain.  It's too early imo to have this discussion.  It's '17s turn and I can't wait. If Airelle gets the Captain spot, that's great.  If Cam gets it, that's fine too.  From what I have seen in the most recent selections of Captain, people eventually are disappointed because they are not like their mentors (if that's the best word to use) i.e. Danielle, KP, etc. (or they are boring or not up to task for the position).  Again time will tell.  I'm not speaking anything into existence for who I would like to see up front between Kaylon or Jada.  I hope (this time) the right person gets the Captain spot and causes a problem for the SWAC in 2020.

I think you are 100% on it.  It’s the same commenters that keep bringing up that statement.  I think it’s intentional.  

Crystal Peebles said:

TBH....I don't believe Cam wants to be Captain.  It's too early imo to have this discussion.  It's '17s turn and I can't wait. If Airelle gets the Captain spot, that's great.  If Cam gets it, that's fine too.  From what I have seen in the most recent selections of Captain, people eventually are disappointed because they are not like their mentors (if that's the best word to use) i.e. Danielle, KP, etc. (or they are boring or not up to task for the position).  Again time will tell.  I'm not speaking anything into existence for who I would like to see up front between Kaylon or Jada.  I hope (this time) the right person gets the Captain spot and causes a problem for the SWAC in 2020.

I completely agree. It’s odd to me though because I don’t get the feeling people are expecting Jada or Kaylon to be like Dannie. More than anything I’ve heard KP comparisons for 17’. I honestly am having a difficult time deciding which one I’d like to see up front this season and that’s a great place to be in. I wonder if it would be possible for them to share the position. Has that ever happened before? 

Crystal Peebles said:

I couldnt get into Arielle or Cam this season, at all.

Arielle has that confidence, but I remember liking Cams selections whenever she had singles.

Arielle won my heart with that FLAWLESS Kiki Ely/Davique execution of With Me. That routine was made for her. She performed like she knew the choreo her entire life. 

Mika Smith said:

Arielle has that confidence, but I remember liking Cams selections whenever she had singles.

I can’t unsee this now and I’m mad about it! Lol can’t even watch the videos without thinking of eggs now!!! Lmao 

Dont Mind Me said:

This is what it reminded me of.

xavier said:

That is what this 2019 uniform reminds me of.. 
xavier said:

Her technique is flawless. I started watching Arianna towards the end of the season and her technique is pretty solid too. Her battements are amazing. I try not to form opinions until the girls second year so I’ll definitely be watching. I’m hopeful. 

SUarchitect said:

Arielle won my heart with that FLAWLESS Kiki Ely/Davique execution of With Me. That routine was made for her. She performed like she knew the choreo her entire life. 

Mika Smith said:

Glammy O8 kmsl

IIRC, Kiki and Michelle shared captain in 1999...so, even though it's been a good while, there's precedent. There was also a shared captain scenario in 2005, but y'know...different circumstances. LOL

Glammy08 said:

I completely agree. It’s odd to me though because I don’t get the feeling people are expecting Jada or Kaylon to be like Dannie. More than anything I’ve heard KP comparisons for 17’. I honestly am having a difficult time deciding which one I’d like to see up front this season and that’s a great place to be in. I wonder if it would be possible for them to share the position. Has that ever happened before? 

Crystal Peebles said:

RSS

© 2020   Created by Marchingsport.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service