Views: 29175

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

I agree with you. He loves me we will always be reminded of Connor. Stunting Like my Daddy we will always remember Sea's count. Two Hearts we will always remember that one count where they all dipped with the music. Tourist, we will always remember that one count Stamper broke her back on. We will always remember past captains and it's not a bad thing.

Love Dance said:

I get what you are saying. I do think it’s up to each captain to leave their own mark and I hate when people get mad when the captains aren’t carbon copies of their captain. There are some things that will always remind us of previous captains. Whiskey for example always reminds me of April, no matter who is up front. People always remember her counts.

Mika Smith said:

I did hear Seara's name a lot when it came to Jordan, but I dont recall hearing her when it came to Dannie.

I dont think its bad but if you are not really about making sure to create your own lane then its not good. 

Again, this was my first time ever seeing Jada dance and thinking Dannie.

What's happening? said:

I can understand that but take in mind that Stamper was called Little Seaera for two years even her a couple of games as her first year as captain. She made her own identity as a captain. I don't think it's a bad thing to remind people of a certain doll the issue is when people expect for the person to be exactly like the person they are comparing them to. Even Jordan was called little Seaera and she created her own identity. They just need to step out of that box. Don't count Jada out because she reminds you of Stamper. Alot of dolls from now on will remind you of her because the dolls line from now on is her legacy.

Mika Smith said:

Its just too much.

In some ways Micah reminded me of stamper, then Taneria, now possibly Jada?

When there are reminders, then there are comparisons which leads to someone falling short. 

I just think its best when the captains have a unique identity.

What's happening? said:

What's wrong with her reminding you of Stamper? 

Mika Smith said:

Im not 100% sold on either Jada or Kaylon upfront, BUT Id give Kaylon the edge because she doesnt remind me of Dannie. Jada used to not either, but it was something about seeing her upfront that made me think Dannie 3.0. I really love how Kaylon moves her body and her dance style is more unique to herself meaning she doesnt remind me of anyone, however, I wouldnt imagine much excitement or creativity with her upfront or Jada really.

I could be wrong on both though.

I like that she called an all together. Even though she was understandably nervous, she took a risk and it wasn’t bad!

Truth_Serum said:

I think it was nerves.  DNS’s probably been waiting half her life for that moment.  Lol

Kane Yasuo Meyers said:

I agree. Jada used to be one of the best in terms of form in the stands since her crab year. I think she can reel it in though. Just like I liked Stamper way better during her captain years after she stopped all that damn bouncing. 

SUarchitect said:

Jada let the energy get to her and lost all form.  She's definitely my choice for Captain but I don't wanna see that next season. Lol.   She can finesse a count for any mood and has a good sense of how to deliver a count for the mood/phrasing. Idk ... I didn't like this.  It's SUPER early though. 

I need these band directors to stop walking in front of the dolls. They are giving me Olivia tease when they do that. On top of that they’re walking slow as hell so the dolls can’t even do much.

I didnt even see this one.
I just watched Trin video.
Im getting McKinley.

Yeah i watched a second time and changed my perspective.  The intro to that song was on a strange timing also that threw her off until she got it.  Im sure either girl will be amazing. 

Love Dance said:

I like that she called an all together. Even though she was understandably nervous, she took a risk and it wasn’t bad!

Truth_Serum said:

I think it was nerves.  DNS’s probably been waiting half her life for that moment.  Lol

Kane Yasuo Meyers said:

I agree. Jada used to be one of the best in terms of form in the stands since her crab year. I think she can reel it in though. Just like I liked Stamper way better during her captain years after she stopped all that damn bouncing. 

SUarchitect said:

Jada let the energy get to her and lost all form.  She's definitely my choice for Captain but I don't wanna see that next season. Lol.   She can finesse a count for any mood and has a good sense of how to deliver a count for the mood/phrasing. Idk ... I didn't like this.  It's SUPER early though. 

That fieldshow was nice rewatching!

Girl, I said that so calmly. You’re just stuck up Gabby’s stiff ass. Now, that’s true tea. 

Mika Smith said:

Please go and see a shrink.

You have serious anger issues that need to be resolved putside of bandhead.

If you cant handle opinions about a dance team I dont see much of what you are capable of handling.

Saying anything else to you will be a complete waste of my time. 

BandJunkee said:

That’s their mother, bitch. What do you expect? Enjoy Dannie 3.0 next year! 

Mika Smith said:

Its just too much.

In some ways Micah reminded me of stamper, then Taneria, now possibly Jada?

When there are reminders, then there are comparisons which leads to someone falling short. 

I just think its best when the captains have a unique identity.

What's happening? said:

What's wrong with her reminding you of Stamper? 

Mika Smith said:

Im not 100% sold on either Jada or Kaylon upfront, BUT Id give Kaylon the edge because she doesnt remind me of Dannie. Jada used to not either, but it was something about seeing her upfront that made me think Dannie 3.0. I really love how Kaylon moves her body and her dance style is more unique to herself meaning she doesnt remind me of anyone, however, I wouldnt imagine much excitement or creativity with her upfront or Jada really.

I could be wrong on both though.

Yea. Dannie was definitely Little Seaera. 2016 was when she very reminiscent of Seaera, from hair to count selection to energy to aura. In 2017, she created her own style but with that 2016/Seaera still intact. 

Also, Micah’s reign is very reminiscent of Tierra’s from the Settes reign. Like Tierra, she was very consistent throughout her Doll career. She is a dynamic dancer, but it’s obvious that band leadership has affected her reign how JSU’s band admin affected Tierra’s reign. I definitely don’t think that Micah was boring. If anything, she was very consistent and gave us just enough and sometimes, more, to keep us entertained. We will look back at Micah’s and appreciate it, just how people are starting to give Tierra her flowers. 

Now, we know Micah’s year wasn’t like Stamper’s, but it was definitely a derivative of 2016 and 2017; that can’t be denied because she was her mother’s twin the majority of the season. We’ve all answered the questions to and solved the problems of why this year’s season APPEARED to be lackluster compared to 2017: the differences in the visions of the administrations.

Honestly, we need to give Gabby and Micah their flowers because they literally turned lemons into lemonade with the ingredients in which they were given. I’m not a huge fan of Gabby because I think she really wasn’t ready for the 2018 position (proof is in the pudding), but we can’t forget our reign either. I’m just more empathetic to Micah because she was chosen out of a clean slate and was given poor song choices to dance to. 

Yea, I won’t Haymer back or some type of revamp to get the band AND the Dolls back to the 2017 hype and beyond. 

You say that like Southern and the Dolls was busting heads this season... LOL..just make it to ATL.. Then we can talk.. 

louisianaboi08 said:

Guhh Golden Delight was a bore fest this year compared to previous years, that band is trash also! They can’t even make it across a damn field!!! Meac ass band 
Hi I'm Aggiehead call me Mother said:

Damn right, either sqaud can come get this work.. Golden Delight is like the big boss in the video games this other sqauds have to work their way up to us... 

D said:

Doesn't matter, Dolls or GG's, Golden Delight will upstage either squad!

Joe Moore said:

If Southern wins next week, it's Golden Delight vs. the Dolls! I hope Southern wins!

GOD I HAVE YALL MAKE IT TO ALT... 

SUarchitect said:

Golden Delight is never more than an IG scroll in the SWAC. . . Y'all are only NOW a factor to SWAC because Celebration Bowl is on the horizon.  And even then the 84 count sequences yall throw EVERY song and the gimmicky halftime features will be entertaining only to y'all. Simmer down.  Lol 

Damn right, either sqaud can come get this work.. Golden Delight is like the big boss in the video games this other sqauds have to work their way up to us... 

D said:

Joe Moore said:

If Southern wins next week, it's Golden Delight vs. the Dolls! I hope Southern wins!

LMAO!

You say that like Southern and the Dolls was busting heads this season... LOL..just make it to ATL.. Then we can talk.. 

louisianaboi08 said:

Guhh Golden Delight was a bore fest this year compared to previous years, that band is trash also! They can’t even make it across a damn field!!! Meac ass band 

D said:

Joe Moore said:

RSS

© 2020   Created by Marchingsport.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service