Views: 29175

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

My singular thought after watching the videos is Why did Jordan come back? Did she think she'd be captain?  Did she watch last year? She seemed over it even from day 1, she didn't stand out in any way, seemed unhappy to be there, just a puzzling decision in my view.

A few months ago, a poster on here shared why she came back. Allegedly, she was promised the position by someone, but the powers that be said no. If that's true, I'm sure she didn't want to make the team and quit again, so she just decided to ride it out. Also, I think she was missing it and needed to conclude this chapter of her life on her own terms, so to speak. I don't care for Jordan as a Doll; however, as a young woman, she has boss potential. 

Liz said:

My singular thought after watching the videos is Why did Jordan come back? Did she think she'd be captain?  Did she watch last year? She seemed over it even from day 1, she didn't stand out in any way, seemed unhappy to be there, just a puzzling decision in my view.

Ah okay, that makes sense. I wish she could have found a way to have an enjoyable season. It's hell to devote so much time and effort to something in such circumstances. 

P.H. said:

A few months ago, a poster on here shared why she came back. Allegedly, she was promised the position by someone, but the powers that be said no. If that's true, I'm sure she didn't want to make the team and quit again, so she just decided to ride it out. Also, I think she was missing it and needed to conclude this chapter of her life on her own terms, so to speak. I don't care for Jordan as a Doll; however, as a young woman, she has boss potential. 

Liz said:

From a band perspective those aggies don't want to face SU.. I have seen A&T twice.. SU will eat y'all for breakfast Lunch dinner and then asked do y'all want dessert..The only God grace is that y'all are in a dome.. 

The field show was not bad at all........BUT the uniform looked like it's was talked about Wednesday Made Friday and Delivered to the Dome right before Halftime. 

Stamper's influence is going to be slightly more apparent in Jada than Kaylon because Jada was a Pantherette. As the captain of the Pantherettes, Jada was probably more Doll than Pantherette, at the beginning of her season as the captain. It wasn't until a few games in that she started giving that Pantherette hard-hitting, snappy fierceness. Jada was a soft Pantherette. 

Kaylon is reminiscent of Stamper in 2013 and 2014 whereas Jada is reminiscent of Stamper in 2014 and 2016. Truly, they both showcase different sides of Stamper as a Doll. 

Ultimately, they both can lead, which is a blessing; however, I lean towards Jada because she seems more balanced, well-rounded, and well-versed. Additionally, Jada isn't popular just because she was a Pantherette. I think people see her spark. She just has that je ne sais quoi. I love Kaylon's quiet storm presentation, she's a soft-sell. She sticks to her strength. The song she led last night was ideal for her. She had amazing count selection and beautiful execution. She just hasn't displayed as much dynamism and range as Jada.  

Mika Smith said:

I did hear Seara's name a lot when it came to Jordan, but I dont recall hearing her when it came to Dannie.

I dont think its bad but if you are not really about making sure to create your own lane then its not good. 

Again, this was my first time ever seeing Jada dance and thinking Dannie.

What's happening? said:

I can understand that but take in mind that Stamper was called Little Seaera for two years even her a couple of games as her first year as captain. She made her own identity as a captain. I don't think it's a bad thing to remind people of a certain doll the issue is when people expect for the person to be exactly like the person they are comparing them to. Even Jordan was called little Seaera and she created her own identity. They just need to step out of that box. Don't count Jada out because she reminds you of Stamper. Alot of dolls from now on will remind you of her because the dolls line from now on is her legacy.

Mika Smith said:

Its just too much.

In some ways Micah reminded me of stamper, then Taneria, now possibly Jada?

When there are reminders, then there are comparisons which leads to someone falling short. 

I just think its best when the captains have a unique identity.

What's happening? said:

What's wrong with her reminding you of Stamper? 

Mika Smith said:

Im not 100% sold on either Jada or Kaylon upfront, BUT Id give Kaylon the edge because she doesnt remind me of Dannie. Jada used to not either, but it was something about seeing her upfront that made me think Dannie 3.0. I really love how Kaylon moves her body and her dance style is more unique to herself meaning she doesnt remind me of anyone, however, I wouldnt imagine much excitement or creativity with her upfront or Jada really.

I could be wrong on both though.

84 count? I’m howling! Gimmicky, and congested

SUarchitect said:

Golden Delight is never more than an IG scroll in the SWAC. . . Y'all are only NOW a factor to SWAC because Celebration Bowl is on the horizon.  And even then the 84 count sequences yall throw EVERY song and the gimmicky halftime features will be entertaining only to y'all. Simmer down.  Lol 

Hi I'm Aggiehead call me Mother said:

Damn right, either sqaud can come get this work.. Golden Delight is like the big boss in the video games this other sqauds have to work their way up to us... 

D said:

Doesn't matter, Dolls or GG's, Golden Delight will upstage either squad!

Joe Moore said:

If Southern wins next week, it's Golden Delight vs. the Dolls! I hope Southern wins!

I JUST GOT 1 THANG TO SAY, THE DOLLS ARE GOING TO BE A PROBLEM IN 20 !
YAWL, THAT DAMN GIRL JADA, I PERSONALLY SAW HER F.....A PARADE UP AT SIX FLAGS ON VIDEO!!!! LOL , BUT SERIOUSLY, SHE WILL WERK A PARADE NOW, IM JUST SAYING SMH ! I NEED THE CHURCH TO SAY IM WAITING ON MY JUICE IN 20 , FOR STANDS , FOR FIELD SHOWS AND EVEN THE PARADE ROUTES AMEN .......THE JUICE IS HERE , THE PRESENCE OF THE LORD IS HERE

Can anyone help me out but that uniform that the Dancing Dolls had on looks Vaguely Familiar to the Bayou Classic gold piece where the dancing dolls entered the the field from the front and then also entered the field from the back if anybody can pull up that uniform there are frightening similarities.

That Bayou classic uniform was UGLY and it didn’t fit properly.  Plus with that cloak they looked like overly ripe bananas. 
That feild routine was IT!  I loved it. 
Watching Jada lead lay night was great, but Kaylon was magnificent. 

This season was consistent in terms of style but inconsistent in  terms of entertainment factor. There was some moments that were great and some boring. 

I LOVE this NEW UNIFORM, YAWL KNOW THE DOLLS NEW UNIFORMS always TAKE a moment to get accustomed TOO....pipe DOWN from ALL this hysteria my PEOPLE

RSS

© 2020   Created by Marchingsport.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service