Views: 29040

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Lindsey is THAT GIRL!

BandJunkee said:

Yes ma’am! That’s my girl!!! 

buckingANONYMOUS said:

Don't mind me. But Lindsey Ate. 

No More Gloria Estevan to be used as a Bayou Classic Feature Song for The Fabulous Dancing Dolls. I didn't care for it in 2014, I didn't care for it 2018, and I didn't care for it in 2019. That song type just doesn't compliment the Dolls style in my opinion. The routine itself was Good, very technical, high energy, and entertaining. But there are so many other songs that would've been better.

I hate when band directors (not saying that this was done) just pick whatever song and don't consult with the team or sponsor and captain to see if they have something else in mind. Sometimes a song can make a break a routine. Just speaking from some personal experiences.

I personally didn’t care for this feature also but Rhythm is Gonna Get You is my favorite routine from KP’s era along with Call Me 

ChicoVigillante said:

No More Gloria Estevan to be used as a Bayou Classic Feature Song for The Fabulous Dancing Dolls. I didn't care for it in 2014, I didn't care for it 2018, and I didn't care for it in 2019. That song type just doesn't compliment the Dolls style in my opinion. The routine itself was Good, very technical, high energy, and entertaining. But there are so many other songs that would've been better.

I hate when band directors (not saying that this was done) just pick whatever song and don't consult with the team or sponsor and captain to see if they have something else in mind. Sometimes a song can make a break a routine. Just speaking from some personal experiences.

Dolls were dolls through and through but I just hate the field songs it’s aggravating I wish they didn’t use GUSH and the Homecoming routine so early we should’ve gotten an extended version of that and gave us Conga for homecoming. I know it’s a small pet peeve but I hate when the dolls do individuals and we literally see the same 5 counts sometimes 3 times in rotation but I hate how the repeat counts someone else just did 

Is Jordan Ezell not a Delta anymore, or maybe has went inactive? I haven't seen her step, post, or even rep Delta ever since the events in 2018. Just curious.

And speaking of Jordan, I really do hope that she is Happy and feels like she has accomplished her goal of getting her wool. A lot of people sit there and say "Oh she has an attitude or she over it." If that was the case can you blame her? 16's crabs get to have a once and a lifetime moment of completing their 4 Rips and realizing it is their last Bayou Classic.

Jordan was there by herself. None of her crab sisters were there and her crab class she came in with already left in 18. Ya'll that sucks. 15 really was messed over and that moment was snatched from them. Well at least Jordan, Tailyn, & Mel because they were on the verge of completing 4 rips before 1 was cut and the 2 others quit. I just wish people give her a break and that she and many of the young ladies continue to dance after college.

And the way she strutted off right on beat confirmed that she is indeed here to stay. I hope both 19 crabs give us another fierce crab class to look forward to. 

SUAlum11 said:

Lindsey is THAT GIRL!

BandJunkee said:

Yes ma’am! That’s my girl!!! 

buckingANONYMOUS said:

Don't mind me. But Lindsey Ate. 

As a person who don't comment in fear of being eaten alive by the crazy fans.. i just have to say it.

i've been watching dolls since DT was captain. we can all agree that dolls just don't have the energy they used to have after Dannie left. Yes, fans cannot get over that Jordan was done wrong and leadership went to Gabby. we truly don't know what went on behind closed doors. Gabby did a wonderful job and played the cards she was dealt.. is she's everyone's cup of tea? No. But you can't deny that she handled shit well in spite of being torn down everyday and ripped apart relentlessly. she was collateral damage due to poor decision making on administration part.

Micah, whom I've loved and always had an eye for in the stands is a great dancer, however i just don't think she was captain ready. I'm not sure about what they say about administration running things a certain way have to do with the way she delivered, but this was not the same Micah i've been watching for years who danced down her previous years. it was evident she didn't study her music and was unsure of herself and didn't come into her own during her reign. She was also ripped apart by fans, which could hinder you and discourage you, and destroy your confidence. being "captain" you have big shoes to fill, it takes a lot to do your part and be the face of a very popular dance team. i think she wanted to do more with her reign and was restricted from what it seems like on videos.. i don't know this for sure. just saying what I've noticed from videos that's already out there to the public eye.

Jordan, whom is a really great dancer. i enjoy her energy! but you also cant deny that this is the same Jor we are used of seeing. it was stated that she came back to finish her 4th rip and for a jacket which was all well deserved. but i have to say from the looks of how this season went that's all she came back for, not because she genuinely seemed happy. I've noticed people have been defending her and saying she was just serious with game face on or probably stressed from school. From game 1 she has looked over it and seems like it took every ounce of energy out of her to put on a fake smile. while i won't deny that nursing school is ALOT of pressure and very hard and demanding, she is on her grown woman shit and handling that well. but lets be honest as a performer who knows you are being filmed and footage is constantly being released you know you are suppose maintain a certain image, while she showed up every performance and danced, her expressions didn't match her energy. it is no excuse to look that isolated and unhappy almost every game. while it is understandable that this was a very emotional time for her and she was not there with her crab sisters, she had to know this when she returned. Being over dolls is not something she is hiding. if you follow her on twitter she has revealed multiple times that she was ready for the season and the semester to end.

to conclude... she is sweet and a person who is naturally to herself and about business. I know this because i know her personally. she does not have a naturally inviting personality outside of dance and her attitude can come off as piss poor if she doesn't know you personally.  She is full of herself but in the most humble way, which is not a bad thing because every woman should have this confidence. But as an observer she doesn't handle things well when they don't go her way. instructors have given her a hard time because it came off as entitled bc she was a doll. there isn't favoritism and you have to work for what you want, and this is why she works harder and go harder. at this point nothing matters to her but graduating in May, which i can respect. but her energy had to be draining to her teammates.

i hope she can find her spark again after she graduates and becomes a nurse. hopefully she finds her love for dance and get back to her heels sessions. its when she was the happiest. i do want her to work on her form and become a better version of herself. despite what she has went through she has a strong fan base and have people who truly supports her and will always be in her corner. she is too hard on herself sometimes but it will all pay off. so keep going Jordan. 

i truly wish the best for all of the girls and i support them as a team, and not individually. support can go a long way and its what these girls need. most people couldn't do what they do so lets give them their props and celebrate them. it's not our business to speculate the drama, but you can't blame people for forming an opinion based on footage that's being released. however, i do feel like you can critique these girls in a more respectful manner than what some do currently.

and lastly, don't rip me apart too badly for my statement. anddddddd... don't argue with me, argue with ya maw!

To me, from the outside looking in, I think Jordan came back to the team with an "if I cant beat them, join them" mentality. Last year went extremely well, and I think she wanted to be a part of THAT. 

However, this year wasnt THAT, and I think for some reason her and Micah either clash a bit, or she just doesnt like dancing under Micahs leadership. It just seems to be something with those two imho.

She also seems entitled, and likes for things to go her way. 

I think overall though, they are all just ready to graduate. I can only imagine how stressful things are for them right now, especially for those graduating this month.

You are right, this song did sound really good in the dome, however that wasn't a standout routine to me. I think the team this year used their Gloria Estevan song better with all the different elements they put into it. 

Gramkidd08 said:

I personally didn’t care for this feature also but Rhythm is Gonna Get You is my favorite routine from KP’s era along with Call Me 

ChicoVigillante said:

I’ve always been team Kaylon. They both did great but Id honestly be happy with Arielle being captain next year. Do y’all see her glow and perfect form behind Jada and Kaylon? 

P.H. said:

LMAO!

Dont Mind Me said:

This is what it reminded me of.

xavier said:

That is what this 2019 uniform reminds me of.. 
xavier said:

RSS

© 2020   Created by Marchingsport.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service