Views: 29175

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Whats crazy is the 90s Orchesis was VERY reminiscent od the Dolls.  And they evolved to ... This. 

Truth_Serum said:

Outside of football season, the Orchesis are amazing!  The dance company puts on some awesome productions.  I think they are going through an identity crisis.  They don’t know if they want to be Stingettes, J-Settes, or Passionsttes in the stands.  In my opinion, they strayed to far away from their style.  

SUarchitect said:

So it's not just me. Lol.  I don't get the appeal or why anybody auditions for them. They need a total overhaul. 

Sugamama said:

@suarchitect: the Orchesis looked a whole mess from top to bottom in my opinion. I am not seeing how they “ate” anything last night. Their uniforms were a mess, they bopped between emulating Jsettes and Stings all night and those formations had me confused.

She was a huge disappointment. She threw the same boring counts that she threw all season long with the same boring ripples. At this point I'm just ready for her to go. C'mon Jada/Kaylon.

Lyrics came prepared even tho I didn't like the look last night. The hair especially. Lol

Peachyp said:

Baabay! Miss Lyric ate last night. The dolls looked like they did not want to be there. Kaylon, Cam, Taneria blonde crab and Gabby were on one! I wish Micah took turns letting the other girls lead, because Miss Lyric had new material and were giving it to the dolls. 

All in all the botb was underwhelming however Grambling sounded good and Orchesis were jammin all night. 

Note: I don’t think Akai is giving direction, Micah just doesn’t the have musicality for throwing stands. 

Little interaction between the girls before the show started last night.

They were all over the place last night. 

Truth_Serum said:

Outside of football season, the Orchesis are amazing!  The dance company puts on some awesome productions.  I think they are going through an identity crisis.  They don’t know if they want to be Stingettes, J-Settes, or Passionsttes in the stands.  In my opinion, they strayed to far away from their style.  

SUarchitect said:

So it's not just me. Lol.  I don't get the appeal or why anybody auditions for them. They need a total overhaul. 

Sugamama said:

@suarchitect: the Orchesis looked a whole mess from top to bottom in my opinion. I am not seeing how they “ate” anything last night. Their uniforms were a mess, they bopped between emulating Jsettes and Stings all night and those formations had me confused.

The BOTB performance from Dolls was really just an extension of the overall season: Pedestrian, uninspired, going through the motions rather than actually performing. Nothing was necessarily bad (aside from Jordan), but it was all just a thing that was happening. Micah looked visibly uncomfortable and was in her own head (even more than usual). Gabby and a couple of others were also a bit stiffer than usual. Those Bayou Classic nerves can be a hill to get over.

There's really something there with this girl, Lindsey. She's still in her shell a bit, but she's opening up and she gives so many hints of brilliance. The problem is, I just don't know if this era of Dolls is gonna stretch her to her fullest potential. This speaks to exactly why it ended up being such a blessing that Brianni got rejected and went to the Stingettes.

I'm hoping they have something great planned for halftime...give me something to go up for this season. Even if it's at the last minute. lol

Jordan is over it. The crabs didn’t move out of formation unless instructed.

Mika Smith said:

Jordan was bored to death.  I swear i don't wanna see another damned ripple or Canon til 2021 lol 

P.H. said:

Jordan is over it. The crabs didn’t move out of formation unless instructed.

Mika Smith said:

Jordan WAS bored but it hadnt wven started. Her attitude irritates me. I couldnt imagine being around someone like that all the time. Its as if she shuts down if she is not feeling something or things arent going her way.

As soon as I saw the confusion and mess up on the marchbin I knew what it would be BUT the close up clips look so much better than the live I watched last night.

What the HELL was going on for this march out? Security was doing the absolute most in a way that I don't think I've ever seen before. And I know it's not out of the ordinary for the band director and staff to walk alongside the Dolls, but Taylor seemed more in the way than usual. This was all just really weird and awkward to watch.

He looked like her was leading the girls out. Lmaooo He was getting him a piece, since Akai ain't let him do it any other time this season.

nsuking2005 said:

What the HELL was going on for this march out? Security was doing the absolute most in a way that I don't think I've ever seen before. And I know it's not out of the ordinary for the band director and staff to walk alongside the Dolls, but Taylor seemed more in the way than usual. This was all just really weird and awkward to watch.

Was there a undisclosed threat? I am for protecting the dancers because the fans can get too close, but what the heck is wrong with the security and staff? 

nsuking2005 said:

I am definitely sold on Kaylon for next year. She embodies grown woman and doll to the T. I know it’s going to be a hard choice between her and Jada. 

RSS

© 2020   Created by Marchingsport.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service