Views: 29175

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Interesting. Nearing an end of an era.

TICtoc said:

I just realized that Jada and Kaylon are the last of Haymer’s Dolls. His Dolls were from 14-17. 

I was skeptical, but they were good! I definitely agreed with him. Sign* what could’ve been...

SN: If I read one more comment about music selection and Akai being the sole reasons for this dry season, I’m gonna scream! 

Mika Smith said:

I could have posted both of these videos. I agree with him on both Akai and Gabby!

D said:

Don't mind me. But Lindsey Ate. 

#LindseyHive

buckingANONYMOUS said:

I agree with the Gabby video. She made me a believer by the end of the season, Gabby has definitely become one of my favorite captains (very unpopular opinion). I really appreciated how her season was Doll to a T, her execution, eye for detail, bringing back fire on the field, leadership.. i can go on and on. That Vehicle video is still amazing off the strength of her musicality and the team's execution. 

Drammy04 said:

I was skeptical, but they were good! I definitely agreed with him. Sign* what could’ve been...

SN: If I read one more comment about music selection and Akai being the sole reasons for this dry season, I’m gonna scream! 

Mika Smith said:

I could have posted both of these videos. I agree with him on both Akai and Gabby!

D said:

Yes ma’am! That’s my girl!!! 

buckingANONYMOUS said:

Yep! After watching some footage back this morning, I do think this uni could've been better with some different design decisions. The ruffled sleeve on the left shoulder is a no, and the cutout design on the right shoulder is just weird to me...and it's made worse in that the cutouts are noticeably not consistent on all the girls' uniforms. I don't even necessarily hate the yellow, I just hate the amount of yellow. Had they coordinated it with a different color (maybe powder blue) and stuck to the white gloves, the color scheme could've worked.

The overall brightness of the yellow + that ruffled sleeve makes it all very "busy" and doesn't complement their dancing. I actually think Jada leading would've come off even better had they had a less "aggressive" uniform.

SUarchitect said:

I really think the sleeve and that white background is what killed this leo.  Imagine this same pattern with a navy or Columbia blue background and that ruffled sleeve gone.  And the extra layering on the back gone. That's a whole other uniform !  

Drammy04 said:

Field show:

I see what whoever did the unis was going for, because of the song. However they were unflattering and in 2019 looked dated. You can add Latin flavor and still be relevant to the current times.

Choreo wasn’t bad, but not memorable. Last sequence was really cute though! Lindsey and that cape was a moment! 
‘18 is the strongest on the field PERIOD! Cam and Airielle are beasts at dancing. I could honestly go for Airielle as a 2 year captain to be honest. She could use just a bit more time to gain more confidence in herself and the style, but babygirl is IT! ‘19 are also strong dancers, just softer than ‘18. Hopefully that will get better with time. Lindsey is slightly ahead of Ariana in my opinion. Arianna was giving the correct steps, while Lindsey was dancing. For ‘17, Kaylon was stronger as usual, but Jada was right there with her!
Gabby (yes my girl) and Micah were the weakest to me. Y’all dragged Gabby for her switch leap earlier, but ain’t said nothing about Micah’s this time. Definitely peeped that. I think Micah comes off as stronger because she’s simply bigger than Gabby. I will say they both have their strengths and weaknesses. I also think Gabby struggles with memory some. Besides that leap, Micah was a bit better.

Spacing was an issue for the turn sequence at the top of the V, they needed more. All the girls (except 18) need to stretch their quads more since they love leaps and tours. They clearly have flexible hamstrings, but those quads are tight, which I struggle with as well. Working their feet more would definitely help too. That would take more consistent ballet training though. 

Overall it was okay. Cam and Airielle eat everything and make it better, lol. Kaylon and Lindsey were very solid as well. 

Yes!! 

Macia3 said:

I agree with the Gabby video. She made me a believer by the end of the season, Gabby has definitely become one of my favorite captains (very unpopular opinion). I really appreciated how her season was Doll to a T, her execution, eye for detail, bringing back fire on the field, leadership.. i can go on and on. That Vehicle video is still amazing off the strength of her musicality and the team's execution. 

Drammy04 said:

Mika Smith said:

D said:

I agree.  The hair plus the sleeve is waaaay too much.  This is another bun leotard. And that ruffled shoulder still has to go. 
nsuking2005 said:

Yep! After watching some footage back this morning, I do think this uni could've been better with some different design decisions. The ruffled sleeve on the left shoulder is a no, and the cutout design on the right shoulder is just weird to me...and it's made worse in that the cutouts are noticeably not consistent on all the girls' uniforms. I don't even necessarily hate the yellow, I just hate the amount of yellow. Had they coordinated it with a different color (maybe powder blue) and stuck to the white gloves, the color scheme could've worked.

The overall brightness of the yellow + that ruffled sleeve makes it all very "busy" and doesn't complement their dancing. I actually think Jada leading would've come off even better had they had a less "aggressive" uniform.

SUarchitect said:

I really think the sleeve and that white background is what killed this leo.  Imagine this same pattern with a navy or Columbia blue background and that ruffled sleeve gone.  And the extra layering on the back gone. That's a whole other uniform !  

Drammy04 said:

Field show:

I see what whoever did the unis was going for, because of the song. However they were unflattering and in 2019 looked dated. You can add Latin flavor and still be relevant to the current times.

Choreo wasn’t bad, but not memorable. Last sequence was really cute though! Lindsey and that cape was a moment! 
‘18 is the strongest on the field PERIOD! Cam and Airielle are beasts at dancing. I could honestly go for Airielle as a 2 year captain to be honest. She could use just a bit more time to gain more confidence in herself and the style, but babygirl is IT! ‘19 are also strong dancers, just softer than ‘18. Hopefully that will get better with time. Lindsey is slightly ahead of Ariana in my opinion. Arianna was giving the correct steps, while Lindsey was dancing. For ‘17, Kaylon was stronger as usual, but Jada was right there with her!
Gabby (yes my girl) and Micah were the weakest to me. Y’all dragged Gabby for her switch leap earlier, but ain’t said nothing about Micah’s this time. Definitely peeped that. I think Micah comes off as stronger because she’s simply bigger than Gabby. I will say they both have their strengths and weaknesses. I also think Gabby struggles with memory some. Besides that leap, Micah was a bit better.

Spacing was an issue for the turn sequence at the top of the V, they needed more. All the girls (except 18) need to stretch their quads more since they love leaps and tours. They clearly have flexible hamstrings, but those quads are tight, which I struggle with as well. Working their feet more would definitely help too. That would take more consistent ballet training though. 

Overall it was okay. Cam and Airielle eat everything and make it better, lol. Kaylon and Lindsey were very solid as well. 

If they wanted the "ruffle" element, i could've seen this uniform with a bell sleeve type or the ruffle going on a sleeve or the neckline (a V neck). I don't understand the combination of the neckline and the one ruffle sleeve. It looked a mess. I'd like to see them re-work that uniform because the pattern and the color has potential.  

SUarchitect said:

I agree.  The hair plus the sleeve is waaaay too much.  This is another bun leotard. And that ruffled shoulder still has to go. 
nsuking2005 said:

SUarchitect said:

Drammy04 said:

Field show:

Gabby has come a LONG way as a field performer from her crab year...it's just unfortunate that nerves got the best of her for her final routine. And I agree they didn't stand a chance on those turns with the spacing at the top of the V.

IDK if this routine will stick with me like "Rhythm of the Night" from last year's Bayou has, but it was a good routine.

Drammy04 said:

Field show:

This HALFTIME feature has QUEEN GABBY written ALL OVER IT and I was HERE 4 IT

RSS

© 2020   Created by Marchingsport.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service