Mcdonough 35 just left the stadium in Donaldsonville and many say 35 wasnt on their game (especially the [DRUM SECTION]!!). What yall think. How can 35 let another band from a Smaller school get with them and be arguably Better than them? Comment

You need to be a member of bandhead.org to add comments!

Join bandhead.org

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Votes: 0

Replies

• I think some of these N.O. schools are overrated and alot of High School N.O. musicians often over look and under estimate bands thats not in New Orleans. I say, for a small school like Donaldsonville, our band program is really getting stronger and its time for people to start really looking at some N.O. band programs and start second guessing their credibility and respect NOWADAYS
  • Really?man u kno what 35 goin though over there this yr? Administration tryna shut down their program and ppl have said that they not really coming full with it for football season. Idk if there director is even back because he had left an they were practicing by themselves.
  • I semi agree no offence to anyone but n.o. bandheads do go hard over there school. Either they sound good or jus really bad, its serves no point to say that a school band sounds bad or good or almost good because to them "THEY OTCHEA SMASHIN SHIT" lol! No offence jus my opinion

DHS T-Drum SectionLeader said:
    I think some of these N.O. schools are overrated and alot of High School N.O. musicians often over look and under estimate bands thats not in New Orleans. I say, for a small school like Donaldsonville, our band program is really getting stronger and its time for people to start really looking at some N.O. band programs and start second guessing their credibility and respect NOWADAYS
    Donaldsonville High Band vs. Mcdonough 35. Epic or What?
    Mcdonough 35 just left the stadium in Donaldsonville and many say 35 wasnt on their game (especially the [DRUM SECTION]!!). What yall think. How can…
  • I understand they been goin through stuff but if they can practice enough to muster F*** these n*ggas out of their mouths. Lol, i think they could have practiced more and represented themselves better than what they did. Their situation cant be an excuse for everything. Btw, they did choose to come to the game
  • And im not saying that the whole band was absolutely trash cuz they did sound str8. The D Sec really was the ones slippin
  •  ... Our bands are not overrated. but Past reputations is what keeps the bands names fresh..  Its why You Know of them..

Maybe they're not living up tp those reputations. but the way the systems are  ran in N.O doesn't give these bands time to become monsters...  anything beyond that is between directors and students .. outside of it . I can't Defend what many of these schools and  bands here do now because they have no connection to my era.

Also.. New Orleans bands dont care about out of town bands unless they DO have a reputation wothy of bragging about . Donaldsonville gets overlooked because they haven't done any real damage on a large scale.. .. 

Smashing a band that is garbage does not givie your band cool points and will have no effect on your bands reputation. 

• AMEN!!!!! Tell'em book lol

Book said:

... Our bands are not overrated. but Past reputations is what keeps the bands names fresh..  Its why You Know of them..

Maybe they're not living up tp those reputations. but the way the systems are  ran in N.O doesn't give these bands time to become monsters...  anything beyond that is between directors and students .. outside of it . I can't Defend what many of these schools and  bands here do now because they have no connection to my era.

Also.. New Orleans bands dont care about out of town bands unless they DO have a reputation wothy of bragging about . Donaldsonville gets overlooked because they haven't done any real damage on a large scale.. .. 

Smashing a band that is garbage does not givie your band cool points and will have no effect on your bands reputation. 

Mcdonough 35 just left the stadium in Donaldsonville and many say 35 wasnt on their game (especially the [DRUM SECTION]!!). What yall think. How can…
  • Last 2 lil paragraphs that book wrote. Discussion closed.,lol

Book said:

... Our bands are not overrated. but Past reputations is what keeps the bands names fresh..  Its why You Know of them..

• Yea, Book pretty much said it. There are a lot of issues going on at 35, so you really shouldn't use them as an example of where N.O. bands are right now or how good your band is. Until your band comes to N.O. and does damage to one of the top tier bands, y'all will continue to be overlooked....it's messed up, but that's just the way it is. I do agree with you on one thing tho, 35 definitely shouldn't be talkin trash to anybody until they can back it up.
This reply was deleted.