My highschool band (J.J. McClain high) has a band prep called Lambda Alpha Psi preps of Kappa Kappa Psi base........we are in search of brother preps in highschools in others areas....right now we are just making ourselves known ..........

::::Mr. Alcorn:::: Fall 2k8
3ABG

Views: 906

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

NU KAPPA PSI !!!! Big ups to my brothers; we are the little brother's of KKPsi Introducing Nu Kappa Psi of Aliceville High School in Aliceville, Alabama. Founded by Our old band director who crossed Kappa Kappa Psi. Our new sponsor is an active Member Of Kappa Kappa Psi Frat. Inc. Our old bd graduated from Stillman College were our big brothers are receiving their education from. Oh we also step like crazy we also got a couple of wins under our belt. We have been taking out all the Sigma Betas, Phi Omegs, Kappa League, and Phi Alapha out of the competition. These are the little brothers of the real fraternities ( Phi Beta Sigma, Omega Phi Psi, Kappa Alpha Psi, Alpha Phi Alpha).
ya my school my drumline ours is c phi h and our brass is c phi b so ya and we got the best band in miami dade county
Very interesting replies. Some a lil more misguided than others...but, still interesting.
QXA Ozen High School
Well I have Frat Brothers nd they represent K PHI PSI.......band frat nd Im in a Sorority Called QOPSI nd these soro nd frat is a Miami thing the schools the are currently in it r Booker T ,North Miami, Homestead, Norland nd we r still getting bigger nd batter. 305

Kapa Phi Psi nd Omega Omicron Psi
Queens nd kings of sound!!
Here in Baton Rouge, my high school frat here in Belaire is B Phi E(Beta Phi Epsilon. Our letters are BBX(Beta Beta Chi).

But we're no longer apart of the school band anymore, we broke off into our own right now.
personally i cant stand these so called high school frats..they are created without a purpose. kids just wanna run around with letters on their chest.

as for these band frats..what service do yall do for the band???? answer that for me?

leave frats for college, thats where they belong

AEA.
i went to thurgood marshall high school and i pledged QKPSi wich was based off of the same thing....one of our founders is Mark Gordon who is a band director at prarie view. so thats probably why they get away with it. but the way i see it, when i pledged it was kinda just being clueless to what i was getting into. it was just as hard too. when i was finished our bd enforced us to abide by the principal to build a better band, and have the gpa. it slowly fell off though..but i wouldn say it was purpose less..
Mr. Washington

The Iota Beta Chapter of Kappa Kappa Psi at Alcorn State university did not start any high school preps nor do we believe in them. High School Preps are not a mandated progrom of Kappa Kappa Psi and doing so in the name of Kappa Kappa Psi is illegal. As all brothers of Kappa Kappa Psi know, auxillary organizations are not allowed and can get active chapters in trouble. In my opinion, preps have lost their prupose and all should cease to exist. They were meant for high school students to get prepared for college which is not effective now since from reading the earlier post. To all high school students, it's good to see that a lot of aspiring students that want to members, but my advice to you is just be patient and work hard on your instruments and classwork, so when you get to the College or University Band you may have an opportunity to become a member. It is truely a Honor.

AEA

Ralph
i agree on your opinion sir....but me bein a prep shows dat i have leadership and we plan on making the most of our band program...LETTERS are awsome..but lol...but it doesnt mean anything if u dont represent and complete the purpose of the prep...but i still agree

Josh said:
personally i cant stand these so called high school frats..they are created without a purpose. kids just wanna run around with letters on their chest.

as for these band frats..what service do yall do for the band???? answer that for me?

leave frats for college, thats where they belong

AEA.
do u kno of "grissle" brandon k. thurmond from alcorn....he is our adviser.........IM SORRY BUT UR ALCORN DIDNT START US ......it was the fact our advisor was from alcorn....sorry bout dat............but my prep isnt like any other out of controll preps in highschool...and to be honest i agree on the fact that it shouldnt be as realistic as bein in a real college frat anyway....thats just crazy...we are jus students PREPARING like u said .., for the life before us

3ABG

Zo

Ralph said:
Mr. Washington

The Iota Beta Chapter of Kappa Kappa Psi at Alcorn State university did not start any high school preps nor do we believe in them. High School Preps are not a mandated progrom of Kappa Kappa Psi and doing so in the name of Kappa Kappa Psi is illegal. As all brothers of Kappa Kappa Psi know, auxillary organizations are not allowed and can get active chapters in trouble. In my opinion, preps have lost their prupose and all should cease to exist. They were meant for high school students to get prepared for college which is not effective now since from reading the earlier post. To all high school students, it's good to see that a lot of aspiring students that want to members, but my advice to you is just be patient and work +!@#$ your instruments and classwork, so when you get to the College or University Band you may have an opportunity to become a member. It is truely a Honor.

AEA

Ralph
I know Grissle.. he is my LB. I will call give him a call.

Mr-Washington said:
do u kno of "grissle" brandon k. thurmond from alcorn....he is our adviser.........IM SORRY BUT UR ALCORN DIDNT START US ......it was the fact our advisor was from alcorn....sorry bout dat............but my prep isnt like any other out of controll preps in highschool...and to be honest i agree on the fact that it shouldnt be as realistic as bein in a real college frat anyway....thats just crazy...we are jus students PREPARING like u said .., for the life before us

3ABG

Zo

Ralph said:
Mr. Washington

The Iota Beta Chapter of Kappa Kappa Psi at Alcorn State university did not start any high school preps nor do we believe in them. High School Preps are not a mandated progrom of Kappa Kappa Psi and doing so in the name of Kappa Kappa Psi is illegal. As all brothers of Kappa Kappa Psi know, auxillary organizations are not allowed and can get active chapters in trouble. In my opinion, preps have lost their prupose and all should cease to exist. They were meant for high school students to get prepared for college which is not effective now since from reading the earlier post. To all high school students, it's good to see that a lot of aspiring students that want to members, but my advice to you is just be patient and work +!@#$ your instruments and classwork, so when you get to the College or University Band you may have an opportunity to become a member. It is truely a Honor.

AEA

Ralph

RSS

© 2020   Created by Marchingsport.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service