What are your expectations for tryouts?

I'm expecting Maya as captain, obviously, and Alyx, Taneria, Jordan and Mel as DEFINITELY returning. I have a strange feeling Haymer and DT wanna keep Tailyn around.

Views: 19268

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I expect Maya as captain also. I believe all the vets will come back (Mel, Alyx, Tailyn, and Jordan) and I'd be very surprised if one or more of them don't make it. I want all the crabs to come back, but based on fan feedback I think Taylor and Gabby have a chance of not returning. However I'm hoping they push through though, because I have a heart for them now and I thought they were great Dolls. 

For the new crabs coming in, I wanted Jada from McKinley, but she's got a lot of competition out there and based on my hopes for the next line, there's only one or two spots available. I'm looking forward to this year's try outs, with the increase of Doll exposure, these girls are coming to snatch wigs for open spots.

My ideal squad:

Maya, Captain

Alyx, Co-Captain

Returning Vets: Tailyn, Melody, Taneria, Taylor, and Gabby

Leaves room for four crabs:  Hopefully Jada (McK) and Alana (GnB) are amongst them.

But I'm pretty sure Jordan will be returning, despite my protests. Not so sure about Micah.... honestly, I don't think any of last years crabs except Taneria are truly safe.

Maya as Captain. I believe we all know this by now.

Jordan, Tailyn, Alyx, Mel, Taylor, and Taneria are safe vets for me (in scored order)

Pending Micah and Gabby....... we will see

If all the nine above make it, two crabs. If Micah and Gabby are not allowed back, four crabs.
Maya as captain with Alyx as Co Captain.
Mel
Tailyn
Micah
Jordan (I think she's gonna struggle with classic Doll mode this year)
Taneria (I don't understand the hype but she's a good Doll)
3-4 crabs

Im hoping for 10 dolls though. Really 9 but whatever lol
Being as though Maya is the only 4 year vet and her co captain would have to be from 15, I doubt she'll pick one. She'd kinda be picking the next captain out of those 4. With the 15 crabs there's no OBVIOUS choice on who it's gonna be. Each one of them appeals to the different doll styles so it's all preference at this point.
I have a feeling that if she decides to have a co captian it'll be either her line sister Mel or Alyx. Maybe we'll get to see 2 co captains?
Maya is not going to pick a co captain. She doesn't need too. she's going to show out being that's she's the only 14 vet left.

I generally think it's good practice not to pick a co-captain, in order to give everyone a chance to rise to the occasion...but in this case, I just don't see anyone filling the role after Maya other than Alyx (particularly, since Jacqueline likely isn't coming back). They might as well go on and give Alyx the co spot to start grooming her.

Preferred scenario: Maya (captain), Alyx (co-captain), Taneria, Micah, Melody, Tailyn and 4 crabs (Jada from McK should be one of them). I know they're attached to 11, but I'll never understand why. 10 is such an all-around better number, IMO.

Gabby is OK but I can take or leave her. I personally don't remotely care for Jordan (stands or field), but I know she'll be back.

I think the stands will be fine, if not great, under Maya...it's the field that I'm completely "meh" on. Ever since KP, the Dolls have become a stands squad. They just haven't been the force on the field that they once were...they'll give you a fire season opener, then things get iffy after that. I expected Dannie to break that trend and was hugely let down. And given that Maya's never been a strong field performer, I don't feel optimistic that she'll will be the one to change it, either. We'll see.

I agree. I haven't seen anything that has given me wow factor since Call Me. They've done a good job of matching CHOREO with phrasing in the music recently, but where are the spins and leaps? the jazz runs? The REAL hip hop breaks? CHOREO has been ALL the way watered down and has taken a backseat to stands.

However, Maya is a huge fan of the classic Doll era. I'm sure we will see some good Doc era influence come back to the squad under Maya. I'd study Kristi Vincent, 2000, and 2005 lines, and even 2006. Beal had formations and catchy hand movements on lock for that squad. 2005 had some really good spin combinations. Vincent had the best attitudes and that strut on the field used to be fire. Kiki Ely had hip hop breaks on lock. Hell I'd invite Reanna, Kiki, or Kristi to come and choreograph. All I know is we don't need Jonas in the room.

And I'm still patiently waiting on a Do My Thang remake lol

nsuking2005 said:

I generally think it's good practice not to pick a co-captain, in order to give everyone a chance to rise to the occasion...but in this case, I just don't see anyone filling the role after Maya other than Alyx (particularly, since Jacqueline likely isn't coming back). They might as well go on and give Alyx the co spot to start grooming her.

Preferred scenario: Maya (captain), Alyx (co-captain), Taneria, Micah, Melody, Tailyn and 4 crabs (Jada from McK should be one of them). I know they're attached to 11, but I'll never understand why. 10 is such an all-around better number, IMO.

Gabby is OK but I can take or leave her. I personally don't remotely care for Jordan (stands or field), but I know she'll be back.

I think the stands will be fine, if not great, under Maya...it's the field that I'm completely "meh" on. Ever since KP, the Dolls have become a stands squad. They just haven't been the force on the field that they once were...they'll give you a fire season opener, then things get iffy after that. I expected Dannie to break that trend and was hugely let down. And given that Maya's never been a strong field performer, I don't feel optimistic that she'll will be the one to change it, either. We'll see.

Jordan co capt in 17 and Capt in 18 peroid !!! Maya is Great. ! But she needs some pepper to go with her salt----they would truly make each other better #iamjustsorrybutalyxisaclowndoesnoyhthingforme
An AKA and a DELTA in leadership ❤ together ! #thoseothetsquadscouldnttakeitnorwantitperoid

RSS

© 2017   Created by Marchingsport.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service