Since Part 1 was closed, I started this one to continue the conversation. 

Views: 31856

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

she aint got no edges

StingetteFan said:

Lindsey 

LMAO! I was typing too fast. I meant to type that she's a dud, as a Doll. BAYBEH, let it be understood, I'm not worried about ANYONE on here. I'm definitely keeping it cute and mature, but if the Kavanaugh Clan want me to come off the front porch, jump stupid.

Mehgan James said:

Now you know you’re my boo, (because of our love for the yellow and black) BUT I KNOW, you didn’t just call Shirley a dub? BABBBBBBY HOW. Now what would you consider the girl who held the top spot last season then??

P.H. said:

I don't get it. I've tried to watch her and understand it, but what she offers just doesn't resonate with me. She's a dub, as far as being a Doll goes. As far as a young black woman; she seems to handle her business, which I do affirm and commend.

nsuking2005 said:

I've been hopelessly confused about all the hype around her for years now.

Mika Smith said:

It's definitely seems to be a thing with Jordan and her supporters that the Dolls owe her something. I don't get it either. Even at the recent HBCU dance affairs, I didn't get it with Jordan. I don't know.

P.H. said:

Why would it be appropriate? Why is Jordan entitled to be captain? I don't understand what's so exceptional about her that she was able to quit the team, make a spectacle of it while badmouthing the organization, and have a spot guaranteed for her the following year. The spot could've gone to Jordyn or another deserving Doll hopeful. 

Vamped09 said:

Even tho I’m not at all excited about Jordan being back I think it would be appropriate if her and Gabby was co captains I still prefer gabby over Jordan 

Leo said:

she aint got no edges

StingetteFan said:

Lindsey 

And... neither did Danni or Taylor. Please don’t start shaming these girls before they even start band camp yall.

Leo said:

she aint got no edges

StingetteFan said:

Lindsey 

Lmaoooo don’t come off the porch boo. We laughing and gagging for now!!! Don’t get hood just yet!!!!

P.H. said:

LMAO! I was typing too fast. I meant to type that she's a dud, as a Doll. BAYBEH, let it be understood, I'm not worried about ANYONE on here. I'm definitely keeping it cute and mature, but if the Kavanaugh Clan want me to come off the front porch, jump stupid.

Mehgan James said:

Now you know you’re my boo, (because of our love for the yellow and black) BUT I KNOW, you didn’t just call Shirley a dub? BABBBBBBY HOW. Now what would you consider the girl who held the top spot last season then??

P.H. said:

I don't get it. I've tried to watch her and understand it, but what she offers just doesn't resonate with me. She's a dub, as far as being a Doll goes. As far as a young black woman; she seems to handle her business, which I do affirm and commend.

nsuking2005 said:

Mika Smith said:

It's definitely seems to be a thing with Jordan and her supporters that the Dolls owe her something. I don't get it either. Even at the recent HBCU dance affairs, I didn't get it with Jordan. I don't know.

P.H. said:

Why would it be appropriate? Why is Jordan entitled to be captain? I don't understand what's so exceptional about her that she was able to quit the team, make a spectacle of it while badmouthing the organization, and have a spot guaranteed for her the following year. The spot could've gone to Jordyn or another deserving Doll hopeful. 

Vamped09 said:

Even tho I’m not at all excited about Jordan being back I think it would be appropriate if her and Gabby was co captains I still prefer gabby over Jordan 

Gabby wasn't dry to me. She could be formulaic and repetitive. I didn't need to see another year of it at the helm, but with the recent turn of events, leave Gabby in that spot.

Mehgan James said:

Maybe that’s cute for the school queen, but for Doll captain, I THINK NOT. She just doesn’t do it for me y’all. Cute girl, classy, educated and pretty, BUT BORING. Very bland. Bland like yt people season their food. Just DRY.

Vamped09 said:

Gabby might not be the strongest dancer but she DEFINITELY represents the organization very well.Her voice and demeanor is sophisticated I LIVE . Her mannerisms is actually what I expected from the dolls but with the popularity of social media when some of them open their mouths I cringe NO TYPE OF POISE 

Mehgan James said:

P.H. said:

nsuking2005 said:

Mika Smith said:

P.H. said:

Vamped09 said:

To clarify, and Haymer both posted it after everything popped off. It was a photo of them at the banquet and a cake with her as the captain for that year next to the drum majors.  he could have...but he didn’t. Doesn’t change that Taylor didn’t have to do all of that either. I’m just saying that everybody knew. I get what you’re saying, but I don’t agree about her silently running to administration just so that it can happen to yet another girl.  

I dont care care one way or the other because the organization will be fine.i just don’t agree with your stance on how last years situation should’ve been handled by her. Calm down. You’re good. 

P.H. said:

I wasn't at the banquet. I'm guessing you were there so you heard the announcement? The information Jordan gave was that Haymer told her she was captain, that's it. It didn't specify anything else. He could've pulled her to the side. This doesn't change anything I've stated, my points still stand. You're feebly trying to apply confirmatory bias to justify what transpired because I assume you like her. I don't like Jordan as a Doll. I don't care about her as a dancer. The critiques I've expressed about her seemed to be shared by many others, and more importantly, as it relates to the board, the more sensible posters on here. 

Lisa McDaniel said:

it wasn’t just Haymer, everybody knew. It was announced at the band banquet and at the time, it was his band his rules. He couldn’t have dropped the ball on his administration. If they can announce the drum major they can definitely announce captain prior to. 

So I get what you’re saying, but there’s decorum to be had, and there’s no reason for that situation to be handled by Taylor the way that it was over something that had more to do with ego than talent. Wrong is wrong.

The was cut and likely never in her life felt she should be captain of returning. She didn’t even want to lead the dolls out. People speaking up about things that are WRONG is not the problem, it’s the toxicity itself and poor communication skills. Y’all are always horrified when the dolls real personalities and traits reveal themselves as anything other than prim and proper, so I can take her word when she says there are issues. 

It’s not like she said much worst than maya. She left because she knew her worth, and I don’t think that I can personally be upset with that. Plus, isn’t Jordan fighting back respectively originally what cost her the position in the first place allegedly?

I respect you wanting to uphold the organization, but I just didn’t see it that way.

I can respect her not being your cup of tea as a dancer.
P.H. said:

Perhaps you didn't read my other post in the other thread, but I stated that if anyone dropped the ball, it was Haymer. Taylor didn't owe Jordan squat. Taylor wasn't obligated to honor any of Haymer's wishes. Again, your delivery can diminish your message. It wasn't a matter of if it was right or wrong, which is subjective, it was how it was handled and presented. It was in poor taste, and no one is going to change my mind nor will any heckling about her danceability.

A cop could do their job ethically and morally nine times out of ten, but it takes that one mishap to be exposed.. and their character and credibility are tarnished. Tyelier got cut. She kept her mouth shut, at least from my recollection, and returned the next year to her spot. Hell. Most of the J-settes in 2015 were cut; most of them kept their mouth shut and fought back respectfully. They ended up earning their spots back. She isn't the first dancer to have fallen prey to poor logistics and conflict resolution.

Lisa McDaniel said:

Maybe they let her do it because they knew that THEY were wrong for how they handled things. Y’all are talking about how people act when they don’t get their way but never ever hold the sponsors and directors accountable. Her speaking out about how toxic things could be was likely not a lie, and she always wanted everyone to support the organization, etc.  maybe her speaking out is what resulted in the good changes we’ve seen. It’s not fair to put all that on her and just tell her to shut up because you want to look at smoke and mirrors.

P.H. said:

Because she didn't get her way. I have no respect whatsoever! It's the Brett Kavanaugh maneuver! LMAO! The spot is tainted.

Anatasia1100 said:

But when she made the squad in 2018 and Gabby was announced as captain she quit so why would she be invited back in 2019 just to dance behind Gabby when she could've just did that in 2018? That doesn't make sense... 

P.H. said:

Vamped09 said:

Stamper and Taylor got big foheads its a difference lol

Kaylon Voovam said:

And... neither did Danni or Taylor. Please don’t start shaming these girls before they even start band camp yall.

Leo said:

she aint got no edges

StingetteFan said:

Lindsey 

She’s a child, bro. 

Leo said:

she aint got no edges

StingetteFan said:

Lindsey 

Breathtaking!

Kaylon Voovam said:

Anyways, I’m excited for these crabs!! Miss Arianna Matthews BEEN A BEAST!!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BeRulFeH2Kx/?igshid=1y1k0qkbjfpq9

Well, y’all got the HBCU dance affair, Milk Mafia, Prancing Elites and all star teams to go get your EXTRA life and be slayed. I’m so here for the return to regal-ness of last year and fire on the field. I hope it continues. I believe Gabby is the best “overall” Doll out of 16. I love watching her on the field. All of them actually. Neri’s technique is the best though if I recall.

Everyone is throwing a pity party for Jordan, but what about Gabby? Jordan made a choice to quit. Gabby was DRAGGED for dear life and I think it’s a punch in the face to put her through that and not have her be captain again. It should’ve never happened if that was the case, but it isn’t. That shows poor leadership in the band director and sponsor if that happens. 

Right!! Like what was the point of him even saying that? Post a picture of yourself in here instead of nitpicking at a beautiful and talented young lady.

BandJunkee said:

She’s a child, bro. 

Leo said:

she aint got no edges

StingetteFan said:

Lindsey 

RSS

© 2020   Created by Marchingsport.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service